Elija And Enoch Going To Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Both Enoch and Elijah have not gone to heaven, but are in she’ohl´, the common grave of mankind, awaiting a resurrection from the dead.(Acts 24:15) At 2 Kings 2:11, it says that "it came about that as they (Elijah and Elisha) were walking along, speaking as they walked, why, look! a fiery war chariot and fiery horses, and they proceeded to make a separation between them both; and E·li´jah went ascending in the windstorm to the heavens." That Elijah did not ascend to heaven but was transported to another part of Israel is seen by the fact that some years later, Jehoram, Jehosphat's son, received from Elijah a letter concerning the calamity God is to bring on Jehoram and his household for ' walking in the way of the kings of Israel'.(2 Chron 21:12-15)

Of Enoch, the account does not say that God took Enoch to heaven, but that "God took him."(Gen 5:24) The apostle Paul wrote that "by faith E´noch was transferred so as not to see death, and he was nowhere to be found because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well."(Heb 11:5) To further show that no one has ascended to heaven prior to Jesus, Jesus himself said: "Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man."(John 3:13)

Paul added weight to this, saying that "the way of entry into the holy place (heaven itself) by the blood of Jesus, which he inaugurated for us as a new and living way through the curtain, that is, his flesh."(Heb 10:19, 20) Thus, the "entry into the holy place" or heaven itself, was not opened until Jesus offered his life blood to his Father, with the "curtain" or Jesus "flesh" now being removed. Paul furthermore said that "the holy spirit makes it plain that the way into the holy place had not yet been made manifest while the first tent was standing."(Heb 9:8) Hence, the appointed time for anyone to be resurrected by God to heaven had to be after the literal temple itself was no longer "standing".

In Paul’s letter to the Hebrews, the curtain in the sanctuary before the Most Holy, which represented heaven itself, is shown to have been symbolic, representing Jesus’ flesh, for before he sacrificed his fleshly body, the way to life in heaven was not open. Thus, neither Enoch nor Elijah inaugurated this way, any more than David had, who in the first century was in the grave, still awaiting a future resurrection.( Acts 2:34)
I was seeking comfort. I turned to the scriptures. I found truth. It pacified my soul. My mind was calmed. The truth prevailed, and the violent in heaven ceased their raucous behavior while His light went forth into my heart.
I am so grateful to you Guestman, for aligning me with His Word on the matter. Your profession of faith is evidenced by your knowledge of the Writings. May you come into a fuller, more gratifying realization of the One Who first loved us.
fivesense

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
This topic interested me also because of the enormous love of God wanting to take
E and E to His bosom - He just couldn't wait!

W., may a point out a verse that you have not mentioned and is quite exciting - you will love it: Gen 32:30

You know you can click onto a verse and it comes up right?

I always relate this place as the pineal gland - the Seat of the Soul - the Third Eye,
this place Penuel ---where else do we see
God face to face - but inside. LOL.
If thne eye be single thy whole body will be full of light"!!!
:)

very good miss Heburn, love your thought here I dont think its whats written here but it certainly is a spiritually true statement.

Great verse and it deserves explation sense there are no contradictions in Gods word when we find one we need to get to the root of it ... Penuel means face of God ...face to face is a figure of speech that means in close contact perhaps better said one on one ...
People have seen God disguised as an angel ... they have heard him as a voice, seen him in visions, ect ect
They even saw him as flesh in the form of Jesus ...what God is saying however is no one has ever wittnessed him in his full Glory...So he must disguise himself in some way. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. Therefore, God veils Himself and appears in forms in which we can “see” hear Him.
However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness (Exodus 33:20).

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
very good miss Heburn, love your thought here I dont think its whats written here but it certainly is a spiritually true statement.

Great verse and it deserves explation sense there are no contradictions in Gods word when we find one we need to get to the root of it ... Penuel means face of God ...face to face is a figure of speech that means in close contact perhaps better said one on one ...
People have seen God disguised as an angel ... they have heard him as a voice, seen him in visions, ect ect
They even saw him as flesh in the form of Jesus ...what God is saying however is no one has ever wittnessed him in his full Glory...So he must disguise himself in some way. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. Therefore, God veils Himself and appears in forms in which we can “see” hear Him.
However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness (Exodus 33:20).

You are quite correct Christina, we would be consumed and destroyed. With what eyes and what mind of human mortals see God, Who is spirit? Without the faculties we need, which we will receive at His Son's advent, it is and always will be so. He is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all creation. It is Him only that mankind has ever seen, whether in the "OT" or so-called New Testament. The Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ, has never revealed Himself to men. It is only the Word men have seen. And this is the glory of the Beloved alone.
fivesense

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was seeking comfort. I turned to the scriptures. I found truth. It pacified my soul. My mind was calmed. The truth prevailed, and the violent in heaven ceased their raucous behavior while His light went forth into my heart.
I am so grateful to you Guestman, for aligning me with His Word on the matter. Your profession of faith is evidenced by your knowledge of the Writings. May you come into a fuller, more gratifying realization of the One Who first loved us.
fivesense

Hello fivesense,

Every person should desire that which is right in God's eyes, that which is accurate, not just accepting a teaching just because it is "orthodox". For centuries, it has been taught by the churches that everyone that is "good" goes to heaven. However, the Bible does not agree with this common view, but rather brings out that only a few are selected from among mankind to go to heaven, being called a "little flock."(Luke 12:32)

The apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians that "this is what I continue praying, that your love may abound yet more and more with accurate knowledge ("accurate knowledge.” Greek, en e·pi·gno´sei, not as the King James Bible says, just "knowledge") and full discernment;" And why ? Paul now says "that you may make sure of the more important things, so that you may be flawless and not be stumbling others up to the day of Christ, and may be filled with righteous fruit, which is through Jesus Christ, to God’s glory and praise."(Phil 1:9,10)

Having "accurate knowledge" is essential to gaining a truthful understanding of God and the Bible. Many have a knowledge of the Bible, but not "accurate knowledge." These therefore are unable to grasp what it means to be "filled with righteous fruit" or have "accurate knowledge", but rather go through the motions of being a professed "Christian."

These also, are misguided concerning the earth, that God, from the creation of mankind in the Garden of Eden, has purposed for the earth to be mankind's home forever, but instead often believe that the earth is to be "burned up", due to an overzealous person some fifteen hundred years ago changing the words at the end of 2 Peter 3:10 in the Alexandrine manuscript of the fifth century, to say "burned up" rather than accurately reading "will be discovered."(these words are in the oldest manuscripts, the Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus, both of the fourth century)

At Isaiah 45:18, God says: "For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the true God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else." Elijah and Enoch, along with great host of others, such as Noah, David, Daniel, will be resurrected back to life during the millenium reign of Jesus Christ (Rev 20:6), not far into the future, to look forward to living on the earth forever.(Rev 21:3-5) The apostle Paul, when before Governor Felix, told him "that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."(Acts 24:15; "just and unjust", King James Bible)

Some years earlier, Paul had told those at the Areopagus, in Athens Greece, that God "has set a day ( a time period of one thousand years, Rev 20:6) in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man (Jesus Christ, 2 Cor 5:10) whom he has appointed, and he has furnished a guarantee to all men in that he has resurrected him from the dead.”(Acts 17:31)

Job, whose life was "full of trouble" (Job 14:1, King James Bible), requested to be concealed in She´ol, the common grave of mankind, upon his death, saying to God: "O that in She´ol you would conceal me, that you would keep me secret until your anger turns back, that you would set a time limit for me and remember me !....You will call, and I myself shall answer you. For the work of your hands you will have a yearning."(Job 14:13, 15) Hence, during the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ, Job and millions of others who are in She´ol, will be remembered by our Creator and resurrected back to life to be given the opportunity to prove their loyalty to God and live forever on the earth in the "abundance of peace".(Ps 37:11)

David wrote that "the righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."(Ps 37:29) Jesus reaffirmed this, saying: "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."(Matt 5:5, King James Bible) Thus, the majority of those who are righteous in God's eyes, will live on the earth, and of which Enoch and Elijah are among, with only a small number being chosen by God to serve in heaven as "kings and priests."(Rev 1:6)

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
When we leave our flesh body we return to our spiritual body, which is the same as a transformed body, which is the same as an angelic body. You might not be able to understand that so put it on the shelf for now.

Evolution doesn´t exist in the physical dimension and it doesn´t exist in the spiritual dimension. In other words, monkeys dont become men and men dont become angels. Remeber, God created everything after its own kind (Genesis 1).

That people say that no man has seen God 's face first let us go back in Genesis when both Adam and Eve walked with God and when in Exodus In Moses going up to Mt Sinai faced Face to face when recieving the Ten Commandments. just read and meditate on what I have said and read the areas of the Bible I have written about. Shalom Ramon ben Shomer

These are people who saw God, but more specifically they saw God the Son, not God the Father. No man has seen God the Father. It was Yeshua walking in the garden of Eden.

Both Enoch and Elijah have not gone to heaven, but are in she’ohl´, the common grave of mankind, awaiting a resurrection from the dead.(Acts 24:15) At 2 Kings 2:11, it says that "it came about that as they (Elijah and Elisha) were walking along, speaking as they walked, why, look! a fiery war chariot and fiery horses, and they proceeded to make a separation between them both; and E·li´jah went ascending in the windstorm to the heavens." That Elijah did not ascend to heaven but was transported to another part of Israel is seen by the fact that some years later, Jehoram, Jehosphat's son, received from Elijah a letter concerning the calamity God is to bring on Jehoram and his household for ' walking in the way of the kings of Israel'.(2 Chron 21:12-15)

Of Enoch, the account does not say that God took Enoch to heaven, but that "God took him."(Gen 5:24) The apostle Paul wrote that "by faith E´noch was transferred so as not to see death, and he was nowhere to be found because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well."(Heb 11:5) To further show that no one has ascended to heaven prior to Jesus, Jesus himself said: "Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man."(John 3:13)

This is very interesting. Thank you for posting it. I never really analyzed it that way. Will do so now.

I always relate this place as the pineal gland - the Seat of the Soul - the Third Eye,
this place Penuel ---where else do we see
God face to face - but inside. LOL.
If thne eye be single thy whole body will be full of light"!!!
smile.gif

You are dwelling in forbidden areas Miss Hepburn. These are buddist esoteric philosophies and they are the devils playground. The "third eye" is nothing more and nothing less than full demonic possesion acheived in which the person and that demon will share each others power and comunion, hence pyschic abilities for the person. I´m very sorry to see you have been seduced into these doctrines and i will pray for you.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Evolution doesn´t exist in the physical dimension and it doesn´t exist in the spiritual dimension. In other words, monkeys dont become men and men dont become angels. Remeber, God created everything after its own kind (Genesis 1).

No one said anything about evolution, e, do a thorough search on the name אלהים 'ĕlohı̂̂ym. You will want to look at the ancient Hebrew, and you will see it is "God and His son's (children, the angels)."

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI

These are people who saw God, but more specifically they saw God the Son, not God the Father. No man has seen God the Father. It was Yeshua walking in the garden of Eden.

This is very interesting. Thank you for posting it. I never really analyzed it that way. Will do so now.

You are dwelling in forbidden areas Miss Hepburn. These are buddist esoteric philosophies and they are the devils playground. The "third eye" is nothing more and nothing less than full demonic possesion acheived in which the person and that demon will share each others power and comunion, hence pyschic abilities for the person. I´m very sorry to see you have been seduced into these doctrines and i will pray for you.

I appreciate your post, evanom. Gravity and an appeal to sound words of Scripture is always fortifying to the soul.
fivesense