Encouraging and funny memes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why a good strong local church fellowship of like-minded believers is so valuable, right?

For sure. We couldn't go tonight since my hubby works and my daughter is sick again. Fever and cough again. Been quite a sick season here.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For sure. We couldn't go tonight since my hubby works and my daughter is sick again. Fever and cough again. Been quite a sick season here.
Hoping she will be well soon.

It's the regular, prayerful contact of loving Christian friends who feed from the same Word of God that is so vital.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hoping she will be well soon.

It's the regular, prayerful contact of loving Christian friends who feed from the same Word of God that is so vital.

I agree.I've had the same home church for over 8 years now. I hardly miss.

Reactions: farouk

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A book like Esther is sometime hard to get one's head around, right? yet the sovereignty of God and His protection of His people and His willingness to use brave women - and even their beauty (especially moral beauty) - is very clear in Esther.

In Teen Challenge I learned Esther and the girls spent six months in beautifying treatments and 6 months in learning how to be a queen before seeing the king. A full year of preparation. The leaders encouraged us that God was working something in us for the year we were there. It takes time for God to mold and change you. And you may not see God there, but He is continually working. Because of Esther, the Jewish nation was saved. God used a sad circumstance for His glory and destroy the evil against His people.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I just feel like it is too late for me. And my depression/anxiety may get better at times, but it is always here. I feel like I will never be used to serve God in a great way like that, because I am always stumbling backwards it feels like.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to sleep, because I am a bit negative tonight. I try to hold to the positive and onto the Words God speaks to me. I've just been worn down and just feeling low. I started homeschooling my daughter Monday and hope this will help occupy some of this time. Have a good night.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sometimes I just feel like it is too late for me. And my depression/anxiety may get better at times, but it is always here. I feel like I will never be used to serve God in a great way like that, because I am always stumbling backwards it feels like.
But a Godly mom praying and influencing her child - and helping her husband - can be among the biggest helps in a dark world...

Reactions: Mayflower

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Esther is my favorite in the OT.
PS: The movie 'Steal the Sky' in some ways reminds me of the story of Esther.

Set in 1966 prior to the Six Day War in Iraq (where Shushan Palace was) and in Israel, in some ways it's a terrible film, I think (and through one of the scenes it might be best to fast-forward), but it shows how Israelis today could conceivably try to use Old Testament passages on their own (without New Testament input) to justify some quite amoral means to further their political ends.

Some terrific scenic episodes make the film very memorable, but I'm troubled by the ethical dimension.

Last edited: