Ephesians 5 Discussion: Those who will not have an inheritance in the kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning!
These scriptures jumped off the page at me one day and I realized that many believers may not have an inheritance in the kingdom (heaven) if we don't take a stern look at what we're doing and saying. We did a video on this topic here. I'd love to hear your thoughts! I've included the verses below for your reference.

By the way, when I say "believers" I just mean anyone who professes that they are a believer in Christ.

Ephesians 5
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;

4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: Patrick1966

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When we give unconditionally, we receive the gift of giving, love and compassion(Holy Spirit). This is considered inheritance from the father. If we are fornicating and persuing the forfillment of desire, this is a selfish nature and is at its core level taking. There is no inheritance in this.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a lovely insight!
Before I get anyone saying I'm fanning the flames of the "once saved always saved" argument, by believer I simply meant anyone who says they believe in Christ. Many say that but aren't really a new creature in Him. But there are also those who may not think that being crude or profane is a big deal to God, I know I was guilty of that from time to time. This scripture reminded me that we are supposed to behave appropriately, in a way that is befitting of the saints, and not participate in what the world thinks is "just a dirty joke" for example.

Reactions: marks

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When we pull an apple from a tree, its important to understand that the tree is giving us a gift of love. When we see it from this perspective we honour the tree and are completely conscious of its existence. We also, in the outer world, recieve life in the form of an apple, and on the inner world we also receive life in the form of love. When we conduct ourself like this, we make the inner like the outer and they become one.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we pull an apple from a tree, its important to understand that the tree is giving us a gift of love. When we see it from this perspective we honour the tree and are completely conscious of its existence. We also, in the outer world, recieve life in the form of an apple, and on the inner world we also receive life in the form of love. When we conduct ourself like this, we make the inner like the outer and they become one.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
! (+ I and II!)

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your right misty, many people don't have holy spirit. They will have to wait until millennium is over. A person devoid of holy spirit, lacking knowledge, would fuel the flame. Psalm 49:19. He shall go to the generations of his fathers ; They shall never see the light. Lot of people have spirit of stupor for their protection. The wicked don't have spirit of stupor, they dig their own destruction. I'm I'm Gods Elect, I know what I'm talking about. Proverbs 5:22. His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, And he shall be Holden with the cords of his sins. The wicked dig their graves deeper and deeper. Wicked destroy them selves. Their is no future for the wicked. Proverbs 8:28. When He established the clouds above: when He strengthened the foundation of the deep. God is the creator. He gives some people the holy spirit. And other people spirit of stupor for their protection. Gods elect have holy spirit. The wicked don't have spirit of stupor, they destroy them selves. 8;20. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement. 11:31. Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth; Much more the wicked and the sinner. God's Election inheritance is God. The wicked go with satan into lake of fire. Those with spirit of stupor, will have opportunity during millennium to get eternal life. Many people will find eternal life, revelation chapter 20.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your right misty, many people don't have holy spirit. They will have to wait until millennium is over. A person devoid of holy spirit, lacking knowledge, would fuel the flame. Psalm 49:19. He shall go to the generations of his fathers ; They shall never see the light. Lot of people have spirit of stupor for their protection. The wicked don't have spirit of stupor, they dig their own destruction. I'm I'm Gods Elect, I know what I'm talking about. Proverbs 5:22. His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, And he shall be Holden with the cords of his sins. The wicked dig their graves deeper and deeper. Wicked destroy them selves. Their is no future for the wicked. Proverbs 8:28. When He established the clouds above: when He strengthened the foundation of the deep. God is the creator. He gives some people the holy spirit. And other people spirit of stupor for their protection. Gods elect have holy spirit. The wicked don't have spirit of stupor, they destroy them selves. 8;20. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement. 11:31. Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth; Much more the wicked and the sinner. God's Election inheritance is God. The wicked go with satan into lake of fire. Those with spirit of stupor, will have opportunity during millennium to get eternal life. Many people will find eternal life, revelation chapter 20.
Anyone who says he is enlightened, is surely not enlightened.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning!
These scriptures jumped off the page at me one day and I realized that many believers may not have an inheritance in the kingdom (heaven) if we don't take a stern look at what we're doing and saying. We did a video on this topic here. I'd love to hear your thoughts! I've included the verses below for your reference.

By the way, when I say "believers" I just mean anyone who professes that they are a believer in Christ.

Ephesians 5
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;

4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are quite correct Misty, but a real believer does not have to worry.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creation itself is a give of love and grace from God to us.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador