Esteeming yourself higher than you should

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The flesh will always be at odds with the Spirit. Are we truly aware how the fleshly mind trips us up? So much modern teaching SOUNDS like the truth....whereas it is just building up the wrong part of us...the part of us that is meant to be broken. Of particular interest is the idea that God somehow sees us as being better than we truly are. As in..."God sees me differently than I am at present". Or else, "when God looks at me, He sees Jesus, not me". Sound familiar?

A truly spiritual person only sees himself as being of no value. It is Christ that is worshiped...not the "Christ in you" . Through a religious indoctrination, people take on a heightened self-esteem as if they were in God's position ...as if they knew God's mind concerning themselves. It just so happens that God always sees the best in us...just like the outer man of the flesh does. Mere coincidence? In fact, we have become our own God in that case. We have gone the wrong way...upholding the flesh as something precious to God, rather than avowing our own filthiness. In this way we become worse than regular sinners in the world...excusing ourselves as we condemn others....exhibiting a favouritism that is unknown to God. God is NOT a respecter of persons in His judgments. This is will come as a great shock to so many come Judgment Day.

Rom. 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

It is common practice in these perilous times to justify oneself based on adherence to a religious belief system....calling that "faith." Who judges what is faith? Are we to convince ourselves, or let ourselves be convinced, that an initial encounter with God, or a sample of grace, means that we are exempt from being fully deceived?

Can we afford to throw away humility and the fear of the Lord? Can we afford to NOT go to God in a full surrender...rather than walking away from an initial grace with an inflated ego...thinking how important we are now to God.

How deeply have we entered into the great delusion that tests us in our love of the truth? Self-love is the enemy of the truth. That is the way of the Pharisees.

Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The same thing applies for John 14 as for Romans 7. In the case of John 14, abiding in Christ to be where He is is seen as after one dies and "goes to heaven."

The saint realizes that we need to go and walk where Jesus is....by translation (harpazo) into the heavenly realm of the kingdom...believing INTO (eis) Christ. Jesus says we are to seek the kingdom first. Using the carnal logic we would have to think ....as those who put John 14 of only being WHERE He is after a physical death...that Jesus wants us to commit suicide (to be where He is.)

Or ....................one could throw out carnal reasoning and adopt a spiritual understanding. :)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flesh will always be at odds with the Spirit.

You have Spirit capatalized like the translators did Galatians 5:17. Is that error why you believe that too? It should be the spirit is at odds with the flesh, meaning the mind is at odds with the flesh Romans 7:25. That only applies to those who are not born again of the Spirit.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is common practice in these perilous times to justify oneself based on adherence to a religious belief system....calling that "faith."

The Thread is very vague regarding doctrine or teaching.

Stuff like......A lof of..>"people think"....>>"in these times we see that'...

So, here is a specific question..for you @Episkopos

You stated the phrase "Religious system".. yet, were unable to define it.

So, in the Context of Christ on the Cross being God's Grace as the Blood Atonement, which is the new covenant, explain how this is different then what you are alluding to, as your obtusely stated : "religious system".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was looking into your odd phrase that you obsess on...."the higher walk in Zion", as i know this has to be a CULT bumpersticker, that their deceived use like a MANTRA.
(You)

I found it.

Here you are... .

And this explains why your theology is so bizarre and anti-Cross and Anti-Paul
-
-
""""" The word "Zion" appears 53 times in the Book of Mormon, a key part of the Latter Day Saint canon, and 268 times in the LDS Church's version of the Doctrine and Covenants, a part of its canon consisting of what members believe to be modern-day revelation and written down by Smith mostly in the 19th century.
-
Why do Mormons go to Zion?

In latter-day revelation, Zion is defined as “the pure in heart” (Doctrine and Covenants 97:21). In the early days of this dispensation, Church leaders counseled members to build up Zion by emigrating to a central location. Today our leaders counsel us to build up Zion wherever we live.""""

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was looking into your odd phrase that you obsess on...."the higher walk in Zion", as i know this has to be a CULT bumpersticker, that their deceived use like a MANTRA.
(You)

I found it.

Here you are... .

And this explains why your theology is so bizarre and anti-Cross and Anti-Paul
-
-
""""" The word "Zion" appears 53 times in the Book of Mormon, a key part of the Latter Day Saint canon, and 268 times in the LDS Church's version of the Doctrine and Covenants, a part of its canon consisting of what members believe to be modern-day revelation and written down by Smith mostly in the 19th century.
-

In latter-day revelation, Zion is defined as “the pure in heart” (Doctrine and Covenants 97:21). In the early days of this dispensation, Church leaders counseled members to build up Zion by emigrating to a central location. Today our leaders counsel us to build up Zion wherever we live.""""
You would have to be born there to know Zion. You expose your own spiritual condition for denying where people are ACTUALLY born again into. So even that is a lie. If you don't know Zion then you are not yet born again.

Ps.87:1 His foundation is in the holy mountains.
2 The Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.
4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.
6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.
7 As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

How can we not know where we are born? Especially considering our sense and perceptions are fully working as adults.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You would have to be born there to know Zion.
4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.
6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.
7 As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

Here you are... .

And this explains why your theology is so bizarre and anti-Cross and Anti-Paul.
-
-
""""" The word "Zion" appears 53 times in the BOOK OF MORMON, a key part of the Latter Day Saint canon, and 268 times in the LDS Church's version of the Doctrine and Covenants, a part of its canon consisting of what members believe to be modern-day revelation and written down by Smith mostly in the 19th century.
-

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here you are... .

And this explains why your theology is so bizarre and anti-Cross and Anti-Paul.
-
-
""""" The word "Zion" appears 53 times in the BOOK OF MORMON, a key part of the Latter Day Saint canon, and 268 times in the LDS Church's version of the Doctrine and Covenants, a part of its canon consisting of what members believe to be modern-day revelation and written down by Smith mostly in the 19th century.
-

So that's what you've been reading!!! Anything but the bible, I suppose. Your accusations are just a smokescreen. I have never read the Mormon book or the Koran (I know your accusing attitude that you will say anything to divert people from the truth...accuse the brethren...that's your MO)...or any other religious book.

I read the bible...admittedly the OT in Hebrew so I have a different perspective than most. Also the Septuagint as of late.

No wonder there is so much ignorance in the modern church...no serious study or seeking. Just loking for what you want to hear. Did I say...no honesty?

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You're sick. Get help. Go to the cross...stop feeding your ego. I have always seen the depth of your darkness. I hope the people you have seduced here can see you better now. Pound your fists ...froth at the mouth...do what you do...get drunk...but you have nothing on me.

You sound just like person who is lost in the Book of Mormon.

Fact.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I reported you...

Here is your teaching...

@Episkopos ....

You would have to be born there to know Zion.

A.) Here is the Mormon theology.. (Its the same)

-

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reported you...
You start out with the verse about esteeming others lower than yourself.
Then Behold tells you that you should listen to yourself.

Then after a bit of back and forth, you report him?
Have you looked over any of your posts where you talk down to people who don't agree? It's not just a debate. You actually talk down to them.
What did he say that was so awful?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You start out with the verse about esteeming others lower than yourself.
Then Behold tell you that you should listen to yourself.
Then after a bit of back and forth, you report him?
Have you looked over any of your posts where you talk down to people who don't agree? It's not just a debate. You actually talk down to them.
What did he say that was so awful?

Here is your Teaching :

@Episkopos ....

""""" You would have to be born there to know Zion.

7 As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee."""""

A.) Here is the Mormon theology.. (Its the same)

-