Ever Had To Rebuke A Demon In A Close Freind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Hi there CB i need some advice if you dont mind, its hard to describe but yesterday i had to rebuke a demon in a freind. My freind is saved but he has to take bi-polar medications . It got pretty extreme and got to a point where he wanted to fist fight with me because of it but i calmy said the lord rebuke you to him to diffuse the situation. Although i wasnt talking to him i was ordering Luke 10:19 upon satan in a waffle house. He calmed down but i think there is some evil behind the illness that he has. I need your prayer for him as i am worried about the whole thing. I plain to annoint the house tonight though and with his permission do the annointing on him myself. I could be wrong but if that demon comes back im going to rebuke it back to its proper place as well. Just need a bit of advice and prayer for my friend though.

God bless

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never in a person no, but I have rebuked one out of a house. You and your friend have my prayer, remember to try and fill what was voided by dark with light.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Never in a person no, but I have rebuked one out of a house. You and your friend have my prayer, remember to try and fill what was voided by dark with light.

I greatly aprreciate your advice but the thing about it is though i talked to him yesterday about it and he claimed he was doing it to test me and his freindship. You see in the past he had a very misguided person that leached off him alot that basically pretended to be his freind and i think he was a bit worried that i would do the same. which i have to say im not that type person, im a fair man with fair christian values and a good melon on my shoulders. I really do think that it was the work of none other than satan himself that caused those emotional scares from the last freind. I have tried to reach his last frind as well but i think he wont listen to me and thats the problem once satan works through one person many will follow if people allow it. Like i say though i intend to do an annointing on him if he will allow it. Im personally fine its just that thw wolf is out in full force and im having to rebuke him at evry turn if you know what i mean.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Pray Eph over him Gumby.................... I guess Jesus had to rebuke Satan, coming out of the mouth of Peter.

Lord I lift my friend up to you in love.

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto (My friend) the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of (My friends) understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Eph 3:16 That he would (My friend), according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in (My friends) hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that (My friend) might be filled with all the fulness of God.

One thing for certain Gumby. this prayer is by the Holy Spirit, and designed to work. You and I both know that God's word never returns void, but it will accomplish what God sent it to do.

We may not see results right away, but we know that those words of God are hitting the enemy hard and keeping him from blinding the eyes of your friends. Satan has no recourse against the Word of God. That is why Satan spends so much energy trying to convince us what God said is not true...................

"Surely God did not say you would die if you eat that did he, Eve???"

Power and victory to you brother Gumby!!!!!

Jesus Is Lord

gumby

May 29, 2009
Pray Eph over him Gumby.................... I guess Jesus had to rebuke Satan, coming out of the mouth of Peter.

Lord I lift my friend up to you in love.

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto (My friend) the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of (My friends) understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Eph 3:16 That he would (My friend), according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in (My friends) hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that (My friend) might be filled with all the fulness of God.

One thing for certain Gumby. this prayer is by the Holy Spirit, and designed to work. You and I both know that God's word never returns void, but it will accomplish what God sent it to do.

We may not see results right away, but we know that those words of God are hitting the enemy hard and keeping him from blinding the eyes of your friends. Satan has no recourse against the Word of God. That is why Satan spends so much energy trying to convince us what God said is not true...................

"Surely God did not say you would die if you eat that did he, Eve???"

Power and victory to you brother Gumby!!!!!

Jesus Is Lord

Thank you brother mike i will have a bible study with my friend and read him those verses that you mentioned. Like i say though hes easy to anger and like i say has to take his bi-polar medications. Sometimes i worry but i know he has faith its just a matter of getting him to walk in love instead of anger and confusion of satan. Hopefully all will go well :)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I will be praying for your situation Gumby, casting out the demon(s) is the easy part, working with your friend to help him maintain his freedom is more difficult. I had a similar situation several years ago where the friend decided to get off his med (lithium). That battle involved 90% prayer 10% action. I know this is going to sound so cliche but just be led by HolySpirit. Demons know how to manipulate our flesh so another good defense is to have some help and with your friend's approval. Start with discussing the bi-polar and then move on to more as your friend permits, remembering that not every sickness has a demon behind it and if there is the need for taking an authoritative position with a demon HolySpirit will tell you.

Make sure your in an appropriate setting too, you don't want to embarrass your friend. God bless you and your friend, Gumby.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Have you considered Holy water? When Christianity was introduced to the pagan Anglo-Saxons during the 7th century, the missionairies were told to drive the evil spirits from the old temples with prayer and holy water. Also, you could use a consecrated waifer, nothing that coms from the devil can stand the touch of the body of our lord.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I'm sorry i hadn't reay the thread thoroughley. My last comment ws a suggestion for if you were to attempt to rebuke a demon, but exorcisms are another matter and should not be taken lightly. If the problem is the rsult of a demon then to cast it out in Jesus' name (or the Trinity) is the right thing to do. I assume your not saying this person is posessed because I don't think anyone who is saved and walks with Christ could have that happen to them. Saying that; Martin Luther always believed his constipation as caused by a demon in his bowels and many hermits have been driven mad by demons, especially in the Holy Land. Many churches today shun exorcism or the like and I sit on the fence because it is so difficult to know. Certainly if all scientific and psychological means fail then I would not consider it unreasonable to find demonic activity a possibility. On the other hand if someone is thrashing around, foaming at the mouth and calling out any number of strange names in languages they could possibly know, then I'd be pretty sure their posessed. if your going to go down this route it might be best to enlist the help of a clergyman, either for advice or to be present.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Templar81................................

While most of the time, we don't see Hollywood's version of someone being possessed by a devil. (Thank you Jesus) It can and does happen. I had just one case of it in several years serving God.

While at prayer night, and everyone came up on the stage. (Faith Life Church) http://www.moorelife.org/mlmindex.php
Sister Moore started to speak with us, and some women just started screaming. She fell on the ground, and was saying all kinds of strange things. I never saw that at my church. We do things in order. Sister Moore told this women to stop, and not give in to whatever was bugging her. She also told this women that this is not of God, and we can rebuke this devil.
The women would do nothing but roll around and yell strange things. So, Sister Moore had the Ushers remove her.

Another Situation is when I had spent most the day praying in tongues, and giving a bible study to a group of men at a homeless shelter. Some guy walked in and looked at me. He started to scream, you can't cast me out, You can't cast me out.......... I never met this man. I stood up and the guy back off into the corner yelling at me, then ran out the door. I never saw him again.

For the most part Templar81, devils just continue to bombard us with thoughts. If they can get us thinking on these thoughts, we can get to acting and thinking wrongly. I don't think this is being possessed like foam at the mouth stuff. It is just someone that is listen to the wrong spirit.

Now Holy Water?????????????????????

I find that cloth can contain the Anointing of God as found in Acts. The anointing drives out evil spirits..........

Now our vampire population has been way down the last several years, so it must be working. I won't knock something that works, though I wish I had scripture for it.

Jesus is Lord

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Your right Mike. It's easy to get carried away what with films like the Exorcist.The devil would like us to think that foaming at the mouth and screaming is the only manifestation ofposession, but like you said it can just be the planting of thoughts that if not dealt with can lead one astray. I wouldn't like to think of any believer foaming at the mouth and screaming strange words, but believers are the people the devil most wants to lead astray.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I wouldn't like to think of any believer foaming at the mouth and screaming strange words,

Ah, if church work were as exciting as Hollywood makes it, then again, do we need it that exciting??

If we could see into the realm of the spirit, there are devils everywhere. Pulling on a person to do this, or to think on that. It takes a long time sometimes for the devil to convince someone to believe the lies and act on them.

Not surprising those that kill for God say the voices made them do it........... It was not sudden though, it might have taken the devil years and years to get that person to act on murder. The person's mistake was giving place to those thoughts, and thinking on them.

One thing about the the devils...... They don't know everything. Now think about this. Have you ever had a thought that seemed so evil and gross you sort of wondered why you would think something like that??? Then you get concerned that something may not be right with you, after all, your a Christian, and that thought should have never come across your mind.

It was not YOUR THOUGHT!!! The devil wants to know what your willing to entertain. Once he found something, then he knows he has a place to keep picking away.

A Preacher standing on a balcony in a big city, many stories up and looking down at all the little cars and people below had a thought. He thought "Just Jump!!!" Then another thought, "Your not well, you have thoughts of suicide"

The preacher Laughed, and said. "Devil, why don't you jump, I have a sound mind, your the crazy one."

Many though don't recognize where the thought comes from. As you said Templar81 Christians........... The devil will Whisper, Your gay............... your gay.................. Soon they start to Doubt God and the Way God made them. This is were it all starts down the road of destruction.

The devil needs to find those weak "Lust of your flesh" areas. Areas you have yet to deal with or really know about. The devil will find them, and exploit them if you let him.

Jesus Is Lord

gumby

May 29, 2009
I will prayer for you and him. You may want to consult your Pastor though.

I dont really have a pastor.................................i know the local baptist pastor at my church but its been awhile since me and him have actually talked in depth. I dont need the help i can rebuke this thing within the snap of a finger and command it to go back where it came from in christ name but my friend however does need the help. The weird thing is though i dont even think hes aware that a demon is influencing him.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
The weird thing is though i dont even think hes aware that a demon is influencing him.

Well, no amount of rebuking is going to fix your friend.............. we have to teach your friend not to give place to the devil.

Your friend needs to be filled with the Word. Jesus said something interesting.

Mat 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Some understand this that if we cast out a devil, but that person is not filled with the Word to resist, then that devil gets some buddies, and make things really bad.............I am not fully decided on the meaning of this....... something to keep in mind before you chase all the devils away though.

Be blessed brother Gumby..

Jesus Is Lord.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Well, no amount of rebuking is going to fix your friend.............. we have to teach your friend not to give place to the devil.

Your friend needs to be filled with the Word. Jesus said something interesting.

Mat 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Some understand this that if we cast out a devil, but that person is not filled with the Word to resist, then that devil gets some buddies, and make things really bad.............I am not fully decided on the meaning of this....... something to keep in mind before you chase all the devils away though.

Be blessed brother Gumby..

Jesus Is Lord.

Ok well all i can truly say to you here brother mike is im off the next two days and this is going to be fixed. And i dont mean to sound rude but are you by anyway impling that christ blood paid on the cross cant defeat these demons. If i utilize the name of jesus and cast them out and rebuke them in the name of jesus they will go like it or not. Luke 10:19 is the verse we need to look at. Christ grants evryone of his followers to have this privlage in the fact that we dont have to put up with satans junk or the worlds junk. Just rebuke in the name of jesus. Thats the thing i look at with supposed christian people out there they sit on the church pew trusting man and not ever acting on the words of god and what the bible says and they wonder why there not blessed in there life. If you cant use the name of christ and if you cant communicate with christ and tell him your problems and let christ fix them all is in vain. Sure its nice to sit on the church pew and play religion its nice to go there and talk about football, basketball, baseball how many boats and cars you have but the fact remains that there still is teaching that needs to be taught. People still need to dive head first into the word and refuse to get out. And thats my only point is get in the word and stay in the word no matter what this man or any other man says.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
And i dont mean to sound rude but are you by anyway impling that christ blood paid on the cross cant defeat these demons.

No Gumby, I did not say that, I just wanted you to look at the scripture.

We are told to resist the devil, Resist steadfast in faith, cast down imaginations (contrary to God's word), submit to God, and so on.

I am saying that your friend may need to be filled in on some things in order to stand on his own is all.

Be blessed.

Jesus is Lord.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I've been trying to rebuke a demon out of JerryJohnson for some time now but I must be doing something wrong because its still there. :lol: Thanks for playing Jerry.