"except A Man Be Born Again..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

herald

Oct 2, 2006
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you..." Ezek 36:26,27.Jesus answered and said unto him (Nicodemus) Verily, verily I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.Nicodemus saith unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb and be born?Jesus answered, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." John 3:3-7.Religion will not give you eternal life...You must have His Spirit within you to enter into the kingdom of God.First, take Jesus as your Savior from sin, and then invite His Spirit to live within you, and you will have eternal life - because He is eternal life.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (herald @ May 10 2009, 01:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73466
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you..." Ezek 36:26,27.Jesus answered and said unto him (Nicodemus) Verily, verily I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.Nicodemus saith unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb and be born?
We have all been told that we must be born again and perhaps we have not understood the fullness of what God is saying. We are born of flesh and receive the Spirit of God and undergo water baptism. I think this is the first step to be qualified to enter into the kingdom when it come we will be born of Spirit and water, no longer flesh? Just a thought. Because we are sown in corruption, but raise in incorruption. There is a change that takes place with us at his coming. This is what being born of Water and Spirit seems to mean, IMHO. QUOTE
Jesus answered, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." John 3:3-7.
I believe Jesus is saying it quite clearly, that which is born of flesh is flesh, and we were born of Flesh now, receiving the spirit and water baptism. We have been given the Holy Spirit as a seal upon us, but we have not actually been born into Spirit, though some may argue this point, but I believe we are born of flesh now and will be born of the spirit in fullness when we are changed. I believe it the new birth that is promised to those that believe and will receive this promise at his coming. QUOTE
Religion will not give you eternal life...You must have His Spirit within you to enter into the kingdom of God.
You are speaking it the way we all have been taught, we have received the invitation to be born of the spirit of God and receive a new heart at his coming when we are changed. We are to come out of sin now and walk in the spirit of life given to us. Now we have sin and fight against the principalities, when brought or raised up to go in the Kingdom there were be no more sin and there we have been raised to incorruption, being Kings and Priest for our God. Then we have been born of Water and of Spirit. This has not happened yet for us, for we are still mortal and full of sin, but being cleansed through the spirit of God daily as we overcome sin. This is a great subject to bring out for discussion. As we near the End of this Age, we are being prepared to be raised incorruptible of water and Spirit into the Kingdom of God with this same promise that has been given to the Jew. QUOTE
First, take Jesus as your Savior from sin, and then invite His Spirit to live within you, and you will have eternal life - because He is eternal life.
There are two passages in Hebrews, and the parable of the seeds that tell us there is a way of life that must be left and the new man put on that we run a race to received eternal life at his coming. There are some who will not make it and have disgraced the name of the Lord and there is no repentance for them.Heb 6:6-10 Hebrews 10:26-30. And those who the seed feel on that was sown on thorns and thistles. All of these are kept out of the kingdom of God and face condemnation at the coming of the Lord as Jesus said: John 5:28-29 Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out ----those who have "DONE GOOD" will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise "TO BE CONDEMNED". This 1 st resurrection is for those who have heard the Lord's voice during his creation, not everyone is in this category. These others are those who come up in the 2nd resurrection. Rev 20:11-15. This is what the bible says and it goes against the erroneous teaching that if you don't believe in God now you burn in hell as the Baptist are famous for preaching. What the bible is clear in saying is those who were not called are coming up in the 2nd resurrection. Judgment is coming on the household of God.2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each of us may receive what is DUE HIM for the things done in the body, whether GOOD OR BAD.......those who have done bad are the grapes who have been left here for the harvesters that Rev 14:14-19 speaks about and Jeremiah 8:13-20 describes have been brought up out of the ground. These face the 2nd death that those who have PART IN the 1 st Resurrection will not face. It is real and it is coming quickly upon the earth, for the Lord is coming. Vickie

herald

Oct 2, 2006
Someday soon, we will get our immortal bodies and go home. I am on several Catholic websites, and on one Canadian website, where athiests are in the Christian forums...I just want everyone to have a choice - eternal life or death.

Jethro Tull

May 10, 2009
The only way we can open up to eternal life is if we give birth to ourselves as spiritual beings.Man = Mind in ancient sanskrit.To give birth to ourselves in this life, we must overcome the mind on our own accord by knowing and becoming the truth and the life.The truth and the life is like a key that unlocks the gate of the mind, so that our spirit can be in front of our mind.Our mind distorts true life, eternal life. The mind is The Great Deceiver.When we make the two one, we become sons of men, sons of the mind.One who gives birth to himself/herself as a spiritual being is the son of man that Jesus refers to, the overman that Nietzsche refers to.We can only be with the father, eternal life, if we know and become the truth and the life and give birth to ourselves as spiritual beings by overcoming The Great Deceiver (the mind).

Jethro Tull

May 10, 2009
QUOTE (herald @ May 13 2009, 08:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73589
The only way to be born again, is by the Spirit of God.
Hi herald,Are you basing this assertion off of personal experience, or are you just repeating what someone or some book told you?Please elaborate on what you think the "Spirit of God" means.Be well.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
I was born again, forty years ago. His Spirit is within me. I have healed the sick, cast out demons, and raised a man from the dead. Not by my power, but, by His power working through me.

Polar

Apr 10, 2009
"To give birth to ourselves in this life, we must overcome the mind on our own accord by knowing and becoming the truth and the life.The truth and the life is like a key that unlocks the gate of the mind, so that our spirit can be in front of our mind.Our mind distorts true life, eternal life. The mind is The Great Deceiver.When we make the two one, we become sons of men, sons of the mind.One who gives birth to himself/herself as a spiritual being is the son of man that Jesus refers to, the overman that Nietzsche refers to.We can only be with the father, eternal life, if we know and become the truth and the life and give birth to ourselves as spiritual beings by overcoming The Great Deceiver (the mind)."-- Soooooooooo.....does anyone want to take a stab at translating that into English?

herald

Oct 2, 2006
You can't give birth to yourself - only, Jesus who is God, our Savior can give you eternal life.

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
The only way we can open up to eternal life is if we give birth to ourselves as spiritual beings.
This is the teaching of all the world's great religions except Christianity. The Budhists, Hindus, and Muslims all teach that man can achieve eternal life through his own actions. Just as we did not make ourselves (in spite of the fantasy I once held that I was a "self-made man") we also cannot save ourselves. There is one path to eternal life, and that is through Jesus Christ. All teachings that tell us we can save ourselves come from the "Great Deceiver".Only Christ told us the truth, that on our very best day we will never be "good" enough to stand before a holy and righteous God. For that we needed a Savior.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
Amen!!!! "And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..." Ge 1:26."And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of US, to know good and evil." Gen 3:22.We cannot save ourselves, we need a Savior. "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship Him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundations of the world." Rev 13:8.Jesus was slain, before man sinned in the Garden of Eden.Jesus: Almighty - Rev 1:8Jesus: Before Abraham - John 8:58Jesus: Creator - John 1:3Jesus: Emmanuel - "God with us" Mt 1:23Jesus: God - Lu 1:47;John 1:1;;Jude 25Jesus: Image of the Invisible God - Col 1:15Jesus: Mighty God - Isa 9:6Jesus: The Everlasting Father - Isa 9:6Jesus: Son of God - Mt 16:16;17:5;Lu 1:35;John 10:36"But Peter said, Ananias why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost...thou hast not lied unto men, BUT UNTO GOD." Acts 5:3,4.The Triune God - One in essence, three in person.

Wiseman

May 18, 2009
Some of my viewsAt odds likely are.While a Savior we haveWe choose the star.Man opens himselfTo that shining light,So we rebirth ourself....That sounds about right.We follow the SaviorTo God's loving voiceBut, as he intended,It's entirely our choice.So pardon my viewpoint,It's an odd-colored peach:God gifts life eternalBut it's Man's gift to reach.So God is the sourceof life eternal, it's true....But we accept it ourselves.We 'make eternal', me, and you.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
Jesus said, Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. If you are not born of His Spirit, your fate will be the lake of fire, and you will be consumed.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Many people quote John 3:3-7 but stop short of v8:-The wind blows (the Spirit breathes) where it listeth (wills), and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell whence it comes, and whither it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.Just like a baby cries when it is born, so people speak in tongues when they are born from above, of The Spirit of God:-"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2:4)Ptere explained:"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear . . . For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (v33, 39) . . . that means you and me.