Exercising At Home Or The Gym.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you exercise?

What exercises do you do?

I used to frequent the gym, they used to call me a gym bunny, then their prices went up, so, I now exercise at home, with these machines, I also jog, ...I can’t live without my exercise x 5/6 times a week...it’s a big part of my life.

Tell me all about your exercises you do at the gym or at home?..please.LOL...D2F534B6-9CE6-41BC-A8A4-9D4B2B204B81.jpegAC369C93-F650-4F50-89E7-32CDF1EDE4BB.jpeg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My employer has a "Fitness Center" (a fancy name for "gym") that we can use at no charge. The price is right. After my open-heart surgery a few years back, my physical therapist gave me a routine involving the stationary bike, the elliptical, and weights a couple of times a week. Seven years later, I'm still using that same routine (though I've been able to increase the weights).

At home, my preferred method of exercise is to get on my bicycle and ride. We're right on the city limits, so there are a lot of nice rural roads I can ride, including a designated "Scenic Byway". There's also a nice cross-town bike trail that runs about 15-20 miles along the old railway corridor, but it's a bit tricky to get to from my house, and some of the neighborhoods it transits through are bit dodgy.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not much of a gym girl. My favorite exercises are in order.

1. Walking
2. Dancing
3. Simple strength training at home and pushups

Walking is underrated. I love to get in extra steps by parking in the back of supermarket parking lots. On my way, I like to think about how grateful I am to be able to walk.

My goal with strength training is to eventually be able to do headstands and handstands. When the baby is born, I will get back at it.

Dancing is second favorite but I will actually break more of a sweat for some good music at home.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a growing number of exercise apparatuses that clutter our house, including our 2nd treadmill in 20 years that has pulled as much or more double-duty as a clothesline as the first one (how anyone who lives out in the country could want one of these behemoth contraptions cluttering up their house is beyond me, but wifey wanted so wifey got), and a rowing machine I really like that uses a turbine spinning in an actual tank of water as resistance.

We give this stuff away when we get tired of dusting it, and I really prefer walking out of doors where I can take advantage of 'forest bathing' and UV and infrared light therapy but my favorite, by far, is the cheap "rebounder," or mini trampoline that takes up about the space of a card table (unless it's stowed away on its side taking up less than half as much space). I just need to move it out onto my driveway, I guess.

I used to think these things were nothing more than the latest fad from 10-15 years ago until it was brought to my attention that NASA uses these things to build and and rebuild bone and muscle mass lost by astronauts on their zero-gravity working vacations.

I do a 30-minute HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout on this thing twice a day, six days a week that has me jumping up and down a whopping 1,728 times (think "sets" and "reps"—36 × 48) a day! Or 10,368 times a week, but who's counting? I don't know if all this is necessary and I'd cut back to just one 30-minute session per day if I didn't enjoy it so much. It also gives me something to do besides grow roots into my couch while I listen to audiobooks and sermons/lectures. Oh, and I was kinda hoping to become the first person in my family (so far as can be recalled) to live at least 100 years. I got a lot of stuff I need to get done.

I have an entire testimony about this little gem that goes back 47 years, when my doctor suspects I developed a crippling ailment that is now GONE, PRAISE THE LORD!!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you exercise?

I used to frequent the gym, they used to call me a gym bunny, then their prices went up, so, I now exercise at home, with these machines, I also jog, ...I can’t live without my exercise x 5/6 times a week...it’s a big part of my life.

Tell me all about your exercises you do at the gym or at home?..please.LOL...View attachment 33317View attachment 33318
I used to have a Powertech Gym and lifted very heavy. I lost 80 pounds about 9 years ago and kept it off for about 3 years. 6 years ago I got married and started commuting to work. I had nowhere to put my gym equipment and had to sell it. I spent 2 and a half hours driving every day. I quit working out and my weight crept up to 350 pounds.
6 months ago I got a job where I live and didn’t have to commute anymore. But I have some problems with my back that cause severe nerve pain in my left leg and need a knee replacement for my right knee.
On 4/21 I set a goal to lose 96 pounds in one year (8 pounds a month) from 336 to 240
I started doing DDP Yoga, I bought an X3 Band System and I have a Total Gym and some weights.
I have bought a Long Bar for the X3 and additional bands. It works well and neatly stores away out of the way when I am finished. It’s ideal for people who don’t have a lot of space for a home gym.
I’m currently down to 311 in two months, have lost 6” off my waist and I’m ahead of my goal.
The DDP Yoga is great because it has a beginner program for people who are out of shape. It started with exercises that you can do in a bed. Then it went to exercises you do in a chair. Next is using the chair for balance. After that you start as a beginner.
With the X3 and DDP Yoga I am making great progress.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you exercise?

Tell me all about your exercises you do at the gym or at home?..please.LOL... (removed)
I usually stick with bodyweight exercises at home, like burpees and squats. At the gym I usually go for the cardio equipment, like the rowing machine and elliptical, then do a few sets of dumbbells. Top it all off with some stretching and I'm good to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's 8:47AM on Monday the 10th of July, 2023. I just got done with my rebounder workout.

864 reps HIIT in 30 minutes while listening to the upbeat movements of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos and glancing occasionally at a beautiful sunny morning mountain scene wallpaper on my TV (hey, it's ugly outside this morning—we can't have everything we want).

mountains-meadow-sunrise-flowers-beautiful-scenery-1080P-wallpaper.jpg

My schedule has been altered because of appointment obligations but I'd rather go without food than miss my morning workout.

I wish I could adequately describe how I feel right now to the me who sometimes struggles to get up and get moving.

I can almost feel all of my organs operating at a vigorous capacity.

This is not a feeling that one can usually experience when first starting an exercise program.

For most folks it takes about 7 days before the body can re-figure out how to react to above-moderate exertion. :)

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got done exercising my mind on physics. It was exhausting really. Now I kinda need a nap.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife