Ezekiel & Antiochus Epiphanes?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 7, 2013
[SIZE=16pt]Can this be a coincidence? Please post your thoughts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:1[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Thou also, son of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and pourtray upon it the city, even Jerusalem: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:2[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] And lay siege against it, and build a fort against it, and cast a mount against it; set the camp also against it, and set battering rams against it round about. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:3[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Moreover take thou unto thee an iron pan, and set it for a wall of iron between thee and the city: and set thy face against it, and it shall be besieged, and thou shalt lay siege against it. This shall be[/SIZE] a sign to the house of Israel.
[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:4[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:5[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:6[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:7[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Eze 4:8[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] And, behold, I will lay bands upon thee, and thou shalt not turn thee from one side to another, till thou hast ended the days of thy siege.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Today, while reading for a bible study on Daniel, I read a quote which referenced Ezekiel 4:6. The quote was intended to support the day for a year method of determining some bible time prophecies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]On reading this passage I realized it has it’s own time prophecy which I had not heard anything about. (The underlined). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]This is very clear. Ezekiel is to bear the iniquity of Israel for 390 (days) then he is to bear the iniquity of Judah 40 (days). This is something that he must do for a specific period of time. 390+40= 430 days or 430 years as God indicates to Ezekiel in 4:6.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Ezekiel starts to bear these iniquities for 390 (days) from the time he finishes building his model of the besieged Jerusalem. God clearly says to Ezekiel this shall be a sign to the house of Israel. So…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Israel and Judah must bear their iniquities for 490 years from the time Jerusalem is besieged. Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem in, 597BC. (This is when Ezekiel was taken).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Now for the calculation…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]597BC (-)430 years = 167BC… Hmmmm? That sounds familiar![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]What happened in 167BC? (courtesy of wikipaedia)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Seleucid Empire[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt][[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]edit sourcehttp://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=167_BC&action=edit&section=3[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] | [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]editbetahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/167_BC?veaction=edit&vesection=3[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]King Antiochus IV Epiphaneshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochus_IV_Epiphanes, believing Judea[/SIZE] to be in revolt, returns to there after the failure of his Egyptian campaign.
[SIZE=10pt]The Jewishhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew priest Mattathias[/SIZE] of Modi'in defies the king Antiochus IV's decrees aimed at hellenizing the Jews and specifically defies the order that Jews should sacrifice to Zeus. Mattathias slays a Syrian official and escapes into the Judean hills with his five sons and begins a revolt against Seleucid control of Judea.

Reactions: daq

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Here is my forty two sense: If you want to be an Israelite then you too must undergo the times and seasons "a day for a year" just as did Ezekiel. Unfortunately for the man-faced anthropon the man is divided into three parts not including Messiah, (the Lion of Judah is his countenance). You owe three hundred ninety days for the three hundred ninety years of rebellion of the northern tribes if you want to join or be "graffed in" as Paulos puts it. The 390 years figure from past rebellion, before the captivity, something like 1112BC-722BC but longer because the years of rebellion were not continual, back to back, year in year out, (either way the Father says 390 years of rebellion are to be reckoned). However, "the tents of Judah are saved first" so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah, (thus the Gospel is to the Jew of the heart first and then to the Greek of the outer boundary commons-land). Start with the forty days you owe for Judah and pray for all Israel. Walk the gates of all twelve stations of Zion, you shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, the Beautiful-Tsebiy Land, till the Son of man be come! (O Israel). The head of gold lion-beast of the heart is 430; the silver shoulders-arms-deeds of the she-bear robbed of her cubs is another 430, the slow brass belly of a four headed-leopard with four wings in his hollow is one who cannot change his spots and another 430, (his four heads are the heads of the four rivers of the man from the beginning of his creation). The leopard is given the dominion of the the kingdoms of the man for 1260 of the full 1290 till the hour woe! :)

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
I did not mean to kill your thread brrrilliantsteve and, in fact, I found the information interesting.
Some of my comments were kinda-sorta "tongue in cheek" (kinda-sorta). :)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Both periods are separate pronouncements, one upon the house of Israel, and the other upon the house of Judah, both in regard to their separate periods ending in relation to the decree for Jerusalem's restoration (454 B.C).

Since 454 B.C. was the decree for the restoration and rebuilding of Jerusalem, backwards from that 390 years winds up on the sixteeneth year of Asa king of Judah with Baasha as king of Israel making war upon Judah in 844 B.C. Because of what Baasha did coming punishment upon Israel was announced (1 Kings 16). By 454 B.C. the house of Israel had ended as a kingdom, the ten tribes taken captive by the kings of Assyria, and all of them scattered.

Judah's punishment began around 494 B.C. (40 years prior to the decree of 454 B.C. for Jerusalem's restoration), when king Jehoiakim of Judah burned the roll (Jer.36:28; Jer.25:1-11).

The two periods are thus not continous nor consecutive, and did not commence at the same times.