F I R M A M E N T U M

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
-The firmament is so "firm" it can support the waters above the firmament:

Genesis 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

-The sun and moon move relative to the earth, but the earth does not move:

Isaiah 38:8 Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

Joshua 10:12 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

-The earth is a circle on the face of the deep:

Proverbs 8:27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there, When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,

So, "outer space" is not void, it is water. The sun and moon are both "great lights" and they move relative to the earth, not the other way around. And the earth is a circle on the "face" of the deep, which makes it flat in terms of geometry. Let the Word speak:

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Reactions: GEN2REV

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Genesis 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Isaiah 38:8 Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

Joshua 10:12 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Proverbs 8:27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there, When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,

So, "outer space" is not void, it is water. The sun and moon are both "great lights" and they move relative to the earth, not the other way around. And the earth is a circle on the "face" of the deep, which makes it flat in terms of geometry. Let the Word speak:

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
lol Daniel.....there's nothing up there now mate, it all came down in the flood.
Check out the scriptures own definition of firmament. :)

Reactions: Cassandra

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
it all came down in the flood.

Genesis 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained

If there was no water left up there, tell me what is it that is beeing "stopped" and "restrained" here?

scriptures own definition of firmament.

Firmament is the actual thing in question, it is a description, Heaven is his name. But because there are seven heavens it is best we specify, and talk about the firmament itself:

From firmō (“strengthen”), from firmus (“firm”). Literally "that which strengthens or supports".

firmāmentum
n (genitive firmāmentī); second declension

1. A strengthening, support, prop, stay.
  2. The firmament; the sky fixed above the earth. quotations ▲
    • Vulgate: Genesis 1,7-8
      Et fecit Deus firmamentum divisitque aquas, quae erant sub firmamento, ab his, quae erant super firmamentum. [8] Vocavitque Deus firmamentum Caelum.
      And God made the firmament and divided the waters, that were under the firmament, from those, that were above the firmament. [8] And God called the firmament the sky.

Reactions: GEN2REV

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained
“Restrained” or “stopped” and the rain from heaven was restrained…has me considering again the endless debate over ‘And now you know what withholds that he might be revealed in his time. [7] For the mystery of iniquity does already work: only he who now lets will let, until he be taken out of the way. [8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8

If there was no water left up there, tell me what is it that is beeing "stopped" and "restrained" here?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“Restrained” or “stopped” and the rain from heaven was restrained…has me considering again the endless debate over ‘And now you know what withholds that he might be revealed in his time. [7] For the mystery of iniquity does already work: only he who now lets will let, until he be taken out of the way. [8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8
Hi @VictoryinJesus Some ppl see the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit in the world, even as God's purposes in Christ are worked out.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @VictoryinJesus Some ppl see the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit in the world, even as God's purposes in Christ are worked out.

I get that but this thread does have me considering what is water in the word or what do we consider “rain from heaven”? For example James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waits for the precious fruit of the earth, and has long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Last edited:

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
“Restrained” or “stopped”

My point is, in order for something to be "restrained", that something has to exist. Proving the existence of "waters above" after the flood.

this thread does have me considering what is water

Don't lean on your own understanding, let the Scripture speak. And remember: a child has to be able to understand all the Word, because the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs:

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone considered clouds? They're water suspended in "the firmament".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WOW! Someone got into the cooking sherry!

Reactions: Cassandra

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
cooking sherry!
Back when I was drunk I already didn't believe the meatball earth, the first time I looked at the Bible with some respect was because they knew the earth was flat. It was the first time I believed any Word from the Bible.
d76d5dc2-c3e6-442e-851a-40e3e54b5e5d.a900ebcd85ab787e56159f9d6e5e5b38.jpeg

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back when I was drunk I already didn't believe the meatball earth, the first time I looked at the Bible with some respect was because they knew the earth was flat. It was the first time I believed any Word from the Bible.
d76d5dc2-c3e6-442e-851a-40e3e54b5e5d.a900ebcd85ab787e56159f9d6e5e5b38.jpeg

Job knew the earth was a sphere! God did not reveal it generally. It is not important. Space exploration has proven beyond doubt that earth is a ball, unless of course you buy the flat earther conspiracy theories that the world has spent trillions covering this up!

And a geo-centric solar system? Now yo0u have gotten in poppas pot stash! I suppose you reject the moon is 250,000 miles away and the sun is 93,000,000 miles away as well.