Faith is what overcomes sin….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No amount of self-effort will cause self to stop its sinning, for its sinning is in its functioning…

God, knowing this, He therefore put it to death on the cross with Christ to stop its functioning… It is man that does not know this and needs to be brought to see and experience the truth of it… For until he does, God will let man work himself up, trying to cause himself to stop himself from doing that which comes naturally…. That being an impossibility, God lets man struggle until he gives up, and stops looking to his own will and starts looking Heavenward for a Savior..

Then as he sees how faith is the only thing that can look Heavenward, an absolute trusting in God being the only thing left, for he has tried all else, and has seen the futility of his efforts… Then, as he try’s faith and tastes by experience, that faith in God is the only tool he needs to experience God.. Then he sees that all else has been but a distraction and a getting in the way of that one thing that will work to set him free from himself, that being, the faith that is willing to look Heavenward to do for it what it can not do for itself…

This moment by moment repentance from itself, this moment by moment turning from all that it is, to God is that one thing that will work, that does work, that will always work, the absolute impossibility of it ever not working, for it has the death of Christ as its foundation…. This faith in God to do in one what one can not do for oneself… The work then becomes, to have the faith to stay looking to God, with one’s eyes fixed Heavenward, for the salvation that he has learned by experience, can only come from no where, but from above…

For scripture says;

‘if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body’

Meaning,,,

‘if by faith you put to death the deeds of the body’,

For the looking away from him who can’t, to Him who can, being the faith that overcomes sin, for to the degree of one’s looking, will be the degree of one’s walking in newness of life….

The issue being, man thinks he understands this truth because he mentally consents to it, it makes sense in his brain, so therefore he thinks he has all there can be had from this truth because of that consenting… But this truth, as with all truths, there is a difference between mentally agreeing with the truth of a statement and the experiencing of a truth…. One can read books and maps about a thing, yet be still a great distance from that thing, being, the mental image of a thing being different from the thing itself…

Scripture puts this truth forward as ‘be doer’s not hearer’s only, deluding yourself’, dividing the knowledge of the something, from the possessor’s of the something…. Even to the point of putting forth the caution, that because of this truth, some will delude themselves thinking that because they know, they have…

Our salvation is the manifestation of Christ in us, this is the only true test of whether someone knows by knowledge or by experience… If Christ is not seen, not tasted in one, that one, regardless of words or position is still a hearer of the truths they profess… For even Paul himself said, judge me according to the Christ you see in me, as so it should be with all…

For the knowing of Christ is the manifesting of Christ, all else is but one trying to climb over the fence rather then through the gate… Which is something that all try to do therefore does God let one struggle until one sees the futility of it, then faith steps in and produces its fruit…

For the new birth is the all of one’s salvation, the growing of this new creation, is in the struggle of faith to produce its fruit….

Unto Him who teaches with His eye on those that are His…

To the growing in Him, Not me

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me asking...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts. They were all brought up Word of Faith and I understand why they won the Peach Bowl back in 1986 as they were all faith talkers. They were very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful.

I ended up getting two AAS degrees Magna Cum Laude and worked my way up to Lab Technician. I recommend cutting ones teeth on Word of Faith doctrine... Moving on once the faith is in place.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me asking...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts. They were all brought up Word of Faith and I understand why they won the Peach Bowl back in 1986 as they were all faith talkers. They were very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful.

I ended up getting two AAS degrees Magna Cum Laude and worked my way up to Lab Technician. I recommend cutting ones teeth on Word of Faith doctrine... Moving on once the faith is in place.

Be blessed in your relationship with Him… As the Spirit of Christ teaches us Himself, are we conformed to His image, be blessed in that conforming….

In the Beloved, Not me

Reactions: rockytopva

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that I think about it, Ive been overcoming sin by leaning into the things of God and not trying to will it away.

You put it eloquently.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that I think about it, Ive been overcoming sin by leaning into the things of God and not trying to will it away.

You put it eloquently.

Thanks….
It is self evident in your writing of relationship with Him, and that you have been leaning, continue to lean, for as scripture says, those that do will gain ‘great confidence in the faith’… And in that confidence, will the establishing of the trusting in God be found..

Be so blessed as He continues His awesome work in you…

A fellow follower, Not me

Reactions: Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

No amount of self-effort will cause self to stop its sinning, for its sinning is in its functioning…

God, knowing this, He therefore put it to death on the cross with Christ to stop its functioning… It is man that does not know this and needs to be brought to see and experience the truth of it… For until he does, God will let man work himself up, trying to cause himself to stop himself from doing that which comes naturally…. That being an impossibility, God lets man struggle until he gives up, and stops looking to his own will and starts looking Heavenward for a Savior..

Then as he sees how faith is the only thing that can look Heavenward, an absolute trusting in God being the only thing left, for he has tried all else, and has seen the futility of his efforts… Then, as he try’s faith and tastes by experience, that faith in God is the only tool he needs to experience God.. Then he sees that all else has been but a distraction and a getting in the way of that one thing that will work to set him free from himself, that being, the faith that is willing to look Heavenward to do for it what it can not do for itself…

This moment by moment repentance from itself, this moment by moment turning from all that it is, to God is that one thing that will work, that does work, that will always work, the absolute impossibility of it ever not working, for it has the death of Christ as its foundation…. This faith in God to do in one what one can not do for oneself… The work then becomes, to have the faith to stay looking to God, with one’s eyes fixed Heavenward, for the salvation that he has learned by experience, can only come from no where, but from above…

For scripture says;

‘if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body’

Meaning,,,

‘if by faith you put to death the deeds of the body’,

For the looking away from him who can’t, to Him who can, being the faith that overcomes sin, for to the degree of one’s looking, will be the degree of one’s walking in newness of life….

The issue being, man thinks he understands this truth because he mentally consents to it, it makes sense in his brain, so therefore he thinks he has all there can be had from this truth because of that consenting… But this truth, as with all truths, there is a difference between mentally agreeing with the truth of a statement and the experiencing of a truth…. One can read books and maps about a thing, yet be still a great distance from that thing, being, the mental image of a thing being different from the thing itself…

Scripture puts this truth forward as ‘be doer’s not hearer’s only, deluding yourself’, dividing the knowledge of the something, from the possessor’s of the something…. Even to the point of putting forth the caution, that because of this truth, some will delude themselves thinking that because they know, they have…

Our salvation is the manifestation of Christ in us, this is the only true test of whether someone knows by knowledge or by experience… If Christ is not seen, not tasted in one, that one, regardless of words or position is still a hearer of the truths they profess… For even Paul himself said, judge me according to the Christ you see in me, as so it should be with all…

For the knowing of Christ is the manifesting of Christ, all else is but one trying to climb over the fence rather then through the gate… Which is something that all try to do therefore does God let one struggle until one sees the futility of it, then faith steps in and produces its fruit…

For the new birth is the all of one’s salvation, the growing of this new creation, is in the struggle of faith to produce its fruit….

Unto Him who teaches with His eye on those that are His…

To the growing in Him, Not me
@Not me I am reminded of 1 John 5.4: "...this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."

Reactions: Not me