Faith or foolishness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are the only ones that can decide for ourselves what we really really believe. Not just barely persuaded but full bore, root hog or die, step out and do it faith. Your natural mind will fight your faith like a caged wildcat. It's stupid! Don't you remember what they told you not to do... Or to do?

Smith Wigglesworth was flat on his back and in horrible pain. The doctor said he had a ruptured apoendex and a short while to live. Then he left. A short while later a man and his mother came to the door saying God had sent them to pray for Smith.

Instead of the gentle laying on of hands and mild words you would expect in this dire situation the man practically jumped into Wiggleworth's stomach and rebuked a spirit a devil of infirmity. After a short time he sat up and asked his wife "is there any work in"? She gave him a job that had called so he went out to do it. The called later and asked after him. When tol he was out on a job he was astounded. He'll be dead was his opinion but it didn't happen. God carried him through.

If you listen to others, even Christians, even spirit filled Christians you will halt, hesitate, even stop and turn back in fear. Only your own spirit man and the faith you've been given can decide for you.

I do not in any way advise any person to go against doctor's advice or medical constraints for any person. I only speak for me. Do not do foolish things to prove faith. This is not faith. You must seek God for yourself.

As I typed this I received a call from my doctor's nurse. She gave me the results of the tests made to determine if I had congestive heart failure, which my hospital physician believed. The tests were borderline but inconclusive. My doctor said he felt they were not to be concerned with.

The healing God spoke to my heart forty years ago was still good. God has no limits on his warranty work.

I'm glad to have gotten that call. I've been out cutting and splitting firewood hallelujah!

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen