Faith to faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:17 (NASB)
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

“The righteous man shall live by faith”

Faith in what?

Faith in the promises of God.

Such as;

“I will perfect that which concerns you.”

“I will cause you to walk in my statutes and keep them.”

“I will put a new heart and spirit in you.”

Which are all summed up in the promise;

“It is no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me.”

This is the faith we are called to. To be believing these promises. To every moment of every day, to have these promises before us as the staple of our faith in God. For He can only work in the lives of those that have such a faith towards Him.

From “faith to faith.”

Meaning that each and every day/moment there should be an increase, however small or large, but there should be an increase of the faith of the heart towards God. The resulting of this faith in and of and towards God will free God to work in that believers life. For God can only work in the lives of those that are walking in faith towards Him. This constant walking in faith towards God will produce a joy and peace in the heart of the believer whereby they know they are pleasing to God. The heart will rejoice in the knowledge of God which will be as their faith a ever increasing degree. This inward knowledge of God will produce as a result of this ever increasing faith, the fruits of the Spirit manifested outwardly. Or as scripture calls the same thing in another place “Christ being formed in you”. Or, which is another way of saying the believer is walking in a ever increasing degree of righteousness. For having His children walking in righteousness before Him in love is the end game for God.

For this is the purpose of our salvation;

Romans 8:4 (KJV)
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

“That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us”

“fulfilled in us” not “by us”

but this fulfilling of the righteousness of the law in us can only happen as the believer walks from;

“faith to an ever increasing faith towards, of and in God”

Blessings as we strive to make this a living reality in our lives to live from;

“faith to faith”

Much love in Christ, Not me

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From our faith to His faith....from our life to His life. From our righteousness to His righteousness...

I could go on... :)

Reactions: faithfulness

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From our faith to His faith....from our life to His life. From our righteousness to His righteousness...

I could go on... :)

Please kindly do, seeing how scripture says we have no righteousness of our own and no life without His, so I question the meaning of your post.

Blessings,

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please do, I’m quite sure you know we have no righteousness of our own and no life without His, so I question the meaning in your post.

Blessings,

Of course we have a righteousness of our own...what are you talking about? Of course we have a life of our own. These are meant to be submitted to Him. They are OUR capacity for good or evil or to do things in general. They are indeed ours to do with as we please. We are not robots after all.

You are misunderstanding Paul here about him saying that he was NOT having his own righteousness...and not realizing we will be all judged according to OUR own righteousness...and the judge will be HIS righteousness. we are not the judge..God is. So many don't realize that or forget that.

Paul was letting go his life together with what he was doing right....so that he could enter into a higher life in order to take on the life and attributes of Christ in who he was abiding. But his life was still his...and it counts to his own righteousness that he would look to the higher righteousness of Christ to overshadow his own.

Do you realize that the stars are still giving off their light in the daytime? They have not ceased from their own light...they are not turned off in the daytime. But realize that the greater light of the sun overpowers the light of the stars during the day so that only the light of the sun comes through. THAT is what Paul was talking about. That is what happens when we put on Christ...the sun of righteousness that takes over our lives to shine in this world the supernatural walk of a life without sin....in holiness. it doesn't mean that we no longer have our own righteousness...it is that we have allowed a greater righteousness to come to bear in our lives. Not for ourselves, but sacrificially for others. His perfection overshadows our weakness. His grace is made perfect in our weakness.

But we are still responsible for every thought, word and deed. More so in fact through grace. How could we possibly get a reward...or not...based on what we did or didn't do? WE are the responsible ones for sins and doing rightly...or wrongly. Otherwise there would be no punishments or condemnations.There would also be no glory or praise.

So I can't go on with my list until you understanding what is there already. And when you do you will be able to fill in the rest yourself! :)

Bless you brother. :)

Reactions: faithfulness

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course we have a righteousness of our own...what are you talking about? Of course we have a life of our own. These are meant to be submitted to Him. They are OUR capacity for good or evil or to do things in general. They are indeed ours to do with as we please. We are not robots after all.

You are misunderstanding Paul here about him saying that he was NOT having his own righteousness...and not realizing we will be all judged according to OUR own righteousness...and the judge will be HIS righteousness. we are not the judge..God is. So many don't realize that or forget that.

Paul was letting go his life together with what he was doing right....so that he could enter into a higher life in order to take on the life and attributes of Christ in who he was abiding. But his life was still his...and it counts to his own righteousness that he would look to the higher righteousness of Christ to overshadow his own.

Do you realize that the stars are still giving off their light in the daytime? They have not ceased from their own light...they are not turned off in the daytime. But realize that the greater light of the sun overpowers the light of the stars during the day so that only the light of the sun comes through. THAT is what Paul was talking about. That is what happens when we put on Christ...the sun of righteousness that takes over our lives to shine in this world the supernatural walk of a life without sin....in holiness. it doesn't mean that we no longer have our own righteousness...it is that we have allowed a greater righteousness to come to bear in our lives. His perfection overshadows our weakness. His grace is made perfect in our weakness.

But we are still responsible for every thought, word and deed. More so in fact through grace. How could we possibly get a reward...or not...based on what we did or didn't do? WE are the responsible ones for sins and doing rightly...or wrongly. Otherwise there would be no punishments or condemnations.There would also be no glory or praise.

So I can't go on with my list until you understanding what is there already. And when you do you will be able to fill in the rest yourself! :)

Bless you brother. :)

I’m sorry I believe you misunderstand what righteousness is, for if man had their own righteousness Christ died in vain.

It seems you are going by your own understanding and view of what righteousness is.

God’s righteousness is;

“that which is free from all disorder.”

This is what righteousness is in itself. That which is free from all disorder.

Which is what Adam fell out of, a life that was free from all disorder into a life of disorder. This is why Christ died to restore man to a life that was free from all disorder or prefect righteousness. This is the perfection of Heaven.

I wish you well with your personal relationship with Christ for in that relationship is all good things.

Blessings,

Last edited: