Faith!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
rjp34652@[url="http://yahoo.com said:
yahoo.com[/url], post: 114985"]
Just two questions here.

1. What's a PC NAZI?
2. What sort of twisted reasoning concludes that stating someone is lost equates to condemnation?

A condemnation is a judgment requiring the ability to act, as in a court of law condemning a criminal to prison or a city pronouncing a house unfit for dwelling.

Stating that someone is lost is an observation, quite similar to a doctor's diagnosis of cancer.
Is the doctor condeming someone to death when he says the patient has a serious disease, or is he demonstrating that treatment is necessary for a cure?

If I wrote that you were a religious bigot, that would be an observation leading to a suggestion that wisdom and not a little compassion is needed on your part.
On the other hand, a condemnation would be something physical and permanent, similar to the disposal of OBL, of which I am incapable even if I desired it.

Are we now arguing over the meaning of words instead of the content and meat of the message?
That is the method used by those whose true object is to deflect truth - to condemn the words and message of others by means of obfuscation.

Thank you for this reply. I had decided that our friend must be, at the best, a Baby Christian. I do not intend to allow him to hijack this discussion on Faith and run off down the Rabbit Trail and list my parents known sins that they never repented of. Their spiritual condition has naught to do with the Gift of Faith, given to me through the Grace of my LORD. My faith is called faith only because my mortal eyes cannot perceive what my Spiritual eyes do. And as unpopular as it is, if a person does not have Spiritual Eyes, I and others need to pray for and to council them in Spiritual matters.

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RJP:

PC Nazi: Someone who is politically correct to the extreme--wishing to throw anyone who violates PC rules into the ovens (figuratively, of course).

Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term which denotes language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, and age-related contexts, and doing so to an excessive extent. (Wikipedia)

Twisted reasoning: My apologies for using verbal shorthand. When I said Taylor was condemning people, I didn''t literally mean that he was pronouncing judgement on them. I meant that he was assuming that God had condemned them based on his assumption of their guilt before God. So, no Taylor was not condemning, he was judging the state of another person's soul which is God's domain.

You said: "Stating that someone is lost is an observation, quite similar to a doctor's diagnosis of cancer.
Is the doctor condeming someone to death when he says the patient has a serious disease, or is he demonstrating that treatment is necessary for a cure?"
Nope. Not the same at all. The doctor does tests and can physically detect the cancer. What test do you perform to see if another person is in a state of sin? We can observe actions that are sinful but we cannot know the state of a soul. If you were in Abbottabad Sunday night and you saw a young man take aim and shoot an unarmed elderly Arab gentleman twice, killing him instantly, you might think that he was guilty of a grave sin. But knowing the whole story, you can judge that the young man is innocent. On the other hand, knowing all the crimes of bin Laden, you might be inclined to condemn him to hell (not actually condemning him, but assuming that he is condemned by God) but we are not at liberty to do this because we simply do not know the state of his soul. That is between him and God.

I'm not arguing the meaning of words, and I hope these definitions help you to understand my meaning. My apologies for not being more precise.

Taylor:
Baby Christian? I wish! No, I was baptized in 1961.

My sincerest apologies. I thought I was responding directly to your posts in a direct and straightforward way. I did not realize that this was a rabbit trail. I'm not interested in your parents' sins. I'll pray for them. As for the rest of your comment, I don't follow it at all.

I'm sorry folks, I thought it would be nice to join in on a discussion and maybe learn a thing or two and share what I've learned over these long years. But I guess I just don't get it. I won't intrude on this thread anymore.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Taylor:
Baby Christian? I wish! No, I was baptized in 1961.

My sincerest apologies. I thought I was responding directly to your posts in a direct and straightforward way. I did not realize that this was a rabbit trail. I'm not interested in your parents' sins. I'll pray for them. As for the rest of your comment, I don't follow it at all.

I'm sorry folks, I thought it would be nice to join in on a discussion and maybe learn a thing or two and share what I've learned over these long years. But I guess I just don't get it. I won't intrude on this thread anymore.

Sir,
Earthly longevity is not relative to Spiritual growth. I know of a lady that began her walk with God before I was born in 1945. She was even a Primary Sunday School Teacher but was a Babe in Christ until 1992. She taught a very good primary class but that was as far as her Spiritual Growth had moved. I did not lash out at you, nor did dI mean to demean, most of the people in the Church Families around the world never grow up in their Spiritual Walk.
To grow in this manor one must deal with the hard parts of the scriptures and admit things like the Wrath of God and other less than pleasant truths.

Please, don run off... we are all here to learn, myself especially!