False morality and non-smokers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Poor Arnie, you've been reduced to hurling insults?
I certainly hope you don't do that to people you witness to. Tsk tsk tsk......

My browser didn't allow me to see your attachment this morning. Mea culpa.
But that doesn't change the fact it was not an actual study, regardless of your desperate defense.

Again, it was NOT a 'study' at all. The patients were asked questions and surveyed, not "studied."

For your information I DO know what an interview by a medical professional means.
It is nothing more than asking medical questions of you and recording your response.
There is absolutely nothing done to confirm that your response is accurate or honest.

An interview is only the FIRST STEP of a study, not the study itself.

If it were part of an actual study then they would first confirm that the same questions were asked of every person, and then they would POST the actual questions for all to see.

They would then give a breakdown of the answers they received and explain what they gathered from those answers and how they were THEN GOING TO GO FORWARD TO CONDUCT THE ACTUAL STUDY.

And yes I know this for a fact. I have participated in two complete studies for Diabetes and one for Chronic Fatigue.

You say "your doctor interviews you to understand your symptoms."
True, but he doesn't then diagnose and prescribe based on the answer to those questions, does he?

NO, of course not.
He takes your temperature, listens to your heart, checks your blood pressure, uses a tongue depresser and looks in your mouth, perhaps draws blood for further testing, etc etc etc...

I would assume you are smart enough to understand the difference lol

There is nothing about that page you posted that gives it any type of validation.....period.

What is glowingly obvious is that you are intentionally skipping over the fact the first link you provided claiming things about the World Health Organization was completely shredded and shown as utterly false by the links I provided from the ACTUAL World Health Organization. LOL

Or to put it another way......

You seemed to feel that the WHO was a legitimate source on the topic when you posted that link.
You are left being shown wrong because you can hardly turn around now and claim they are hacks or in someone's pocket.

You
Have
Literally
Painted
Yourself
Into
A
Corner

I for one find that terribly amusing.

If your dignity somehow allows you to respond again, why not comment on the WHO's findings on the dangers of smoking and the OBVIOUS dangers of second hand smoke, hmmmm?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Foreigner, Maybe if you kicked back, relaxed and had a smoke you wouldn't be acting like a tool. Most smokers I know just watch all these anal-retentive non-smokers keel over from type -A heart attacks.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Gentlemen....not only have you deviated from the topic, you are descending into nothing more than name calling. Cut it out, act like you're Christians in your disagreements, or just be wise enough to back off.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
So what are you saying Foreigner .... that the study did not take place ?
And speaking of insults you as much as called me a liar
You started it .

Furthermore if you are not a cigarette smoker and you were part of a control group in a study they would interview you fully as far as your childhood and adult life to determine that you had not been a smoker , or been around second hand smoke , or never worked in an asbestos mine etc.

How else do you think they determine it ?

And if you were a smoker they would interview you to determine that you had indeed been smoking for the last 40 years , they would interview as to the amount of cigarettes consumed etc. The smokers used in most studies are confirmed heavy smokers over a lot of years.

If it was a clinical trial for a pill type of medication that would be a different story ..... one group would be put on the actual medication and the other group on a placebo .... and many medical observations would be made over the lifetime of the trial.

-------------------------------------------------

Today the demographics seeing the largest cases of lung cancer is found in 51 year old women who have never smoked or been around second hand smoke.
These women are diagnosed with cancer and they are "interviewed" about all their lifestyle habits to try determine the cause of the cancer. How else would they do it without the interview. Often the medical "interview" is a very long questionnaire .

Unfortunately researches are unable to determine what is causing these rampant lung cancers .... but certainly smoking is not the cause.

Why did you not know that foreigner ? .... actually it is not your fault ...... the Cancer researchers have been less than forthright in this whole affair. ..... they keep using the propaganda statistics and you appear to defend them.

My heart breaks for those women who get the cancers. They do not deserve it. I am the one who deserves to have cancer.

My whole issue is the withholding of all the facts by the cancer researchers
They operate as a self interest group addicted to funding.
"Big tobacco" has been surpassed by "Big cancer funding" and "Big Nicorette"
Check it out for yourself

The 51 year old women with lung cancer is the true victim .... but she is pretty much left out in the cold.

Go fight for her

Instead of fighting with me.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Thread locked...for the following reasons:

1...a studied lack of regard for the OP topic
2...a vast degree of disrespect for other members
3...blatantly ignoring requests to consider both of the above.

No point letting it go any further I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.