False Prophets Are In Big Trouble!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
The thirteenth chapter of Ezekiel is scathing to false prophets! In it He tells us two of their lies that anger Him. It is appropriate that this verbal "taking them to the woodpile," is in chapter thirteen for that number means....
# 13 ~ ill omen, rebellion, apostasy, defection, corruption, disintegration, revolution or some kindred idea. ~ Numbers in Scripture, E.W. Bullinger​
Ezekiel 13:1-2 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, 'Hear ye the word of the LORD;13:3-5 Thus saith the Lord GOD; 'Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts. Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.
The house of Israel are the ten lost tribes...they are today's Christians. This is about us and our "foolish prophets." Instead of hearing His Word, we are fed man's word, man's tradition, man's doctrine by men that "have seen nothing!" Those that do teach His Word prepare us, the house of Israel, for that great battle. Those that just feed us one or two lines of Scripture and then an hour of his thoughts, his ideas, his philosophies, (no matter how entertaining, how soothing, how sweet and loving) are not building a hedge of truth to protect us. Instead...we are left in an open field where we are attacked from all sides in this great spiritual battle for our soul.​
13:6-7 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, "The LORD saith:' and the LORD hath not sent them; and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word. Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, 'The LORD saith it;' albeit I have not spoken?
The chapter continues with Him warning us about the vain, lying prophets that "shall not be in the assembly of My People, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel....Because, even because they have seduced My People, saying, 'Peace;' and there was no peace." [13:9-10]​
13:16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD.He goes on and says....13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; 'Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.13:22-23 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life: Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver My People out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.' '"
Hunt (teach) souls that they will fly away in the great rapture of His church so they won't die but will live while all those left on earth will writhe in agony. A LIE and one that He is against!So, first....there will be no peace in Jerusalem, at least in this present age. Second....there will be no rapture and if I taught rapture or believed in that doctrine, I would read this chapter over and over until I understood what is written.​