family needs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, and everyone here is in the same boat. In every country.
I never knew a person could be so ecstatic about getting a delivery slot - but I do now. I was just sitting on my sofa and pondering whether to have a nap when I felt a strong urge to open the laptop and try to make an order. Delivery slots have been few and far between and I have trying unsuccessfully for ages but I got one for a week today. Down side though is it's for 7:30am. Still I won't grumble as I'm delighted.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never knew a person could be so ecstatic about getting a delivery slot - but I do now. I was just sitting on my sofa and pondering whether to have a nap when I felt a strong urge to open the laptop and try to make an order. Delivery slots have been few and far between and I have trying unsuccessfully for ages but I got one for a week today. Down side though is it's for 7:30am. Still I won't grumble as I'm delighted.

Is this just you local grocery store? Or standard there for all grocery stores?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is this just you local grocery store? Or standard there for all grocery stores?
It's the big supermarkets like Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and the one I use, Morrison's as well as many smaller places. I have had my groceries delivered for a number of years now and relied on the service but the website has a queuing system now with thousand in front of you and sometimes a 30 minute wait. Today though I was over the moon to only have a short wait and then to get a delivery slot. I think that 'urge' to open the laptop must have come from God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why don't you become the "Bible" in your community such that you are drawing the people you rub shoulders with on a daily basis around your home, to Christ?

Do the people who you rub shoulders with daily know that you care for them and love them like Christ did during His time on the earth.

Your focus seems to be on the people out there somewhere, rather than the people around you.

Perhaps you need to reconsider the purpose of your existence during this time of the pandemic.

Shalom

Last edited:

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can't get out to distribute Bibles you can pray for those to whom you have given Bibles in the past. God can use us even if we are locked down. Don't forget that Paul wrote some of his letters when he was in prison in Rome. And John was in exile for his faith when he wrote the book of Revelation.