Fasting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlies Angel

May 23, 2008
In this day in time what would be considered fasting? I feel the need to "cleanse" by body but I don't know what to do. I've only been clean of drugs for 13 days and I don't feel any better physically, emotionally, & mentally. Any suggestions or is fasting even relevent to this day in age? I remember reading some where that God can speak to you through fastings..I've asked Him but I still don't know what to do.

Vindicated

May 21, 2008
well fasting is pretty much just giving something up for the Lord. So say you love you soda? Drink only water and no soda for X amount of days. If you really wanted to go all out you could ingest nothing but water for 3 days or something.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(Charlies Angel;50814)
In this day in time what would be considered fasting? I feel the need to "cleanse" by body but I don't know what to do. I've only been clean of drugs for 13 days and I don't feel any better physically, emotionally, & mentally. Any suggestions or is fasting even relevent to this day in age? I remember reading some where that God can speak to you through fastings..I've asked Him but I still don't know what to do.
Charlies Angel, There is nothing in the Christian Greek Scriptures that tell a Christian to fast. There is also no prohibition of it. Fasting is not likely to help a person rit themselves of a drug habit. If you have a trusted friend tell them your trouble. Knowing that a friend is praying for you can help very much, james 5:16. The most important thing is to pray to God fervently and frequently. Nothing can help more than that, but you must really WANT to break a habit for even that to help. Remember a very important point!! Just because you have a relapse does not mean you have failed. Most people who try to stop any hard to stop habit relapse many times. If you are sincere, do not stop trying, and you WILL succeed. Agape

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
If you feel fasting is important to you, open your heart, and look on line. I am sure there are plenty of sites on the subject. It is important though to be guided to the right one. All though some feel that fasting is not important, if God has put it into your heart to do so then there is a good reason for it.
smile.gif