Favorite Christian Authors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, C.S. Lewis, Thomas Merton, Thomas Keating, Richard Rohr, [font="arial][size="2"]Mechthild of Magdeburg, St. John of the Cross, St. Maximus, St. Gregory of Nyssa, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Benedict, Bonaventure, Augustine......wow, I am just discovering that I have really left Protestant authors behind. Anyone have any suggestions for Protestant authors, besides Calvinists?[/size][/font]

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
My favorite christian book is the one that helped me the most and that was the Strategy of satan by Warren Weersbee (Not sure how to spell his name)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Rodney W. Francis, Richard Ing, Bill Subritzky, John Wimber, Charles Finney, John Bunyan, Watchman Nee, Reinhard Bonnke, Cory TenBoom, Smiths Wigglesworth.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
T.Austin Sparks, A.W.Tozer, A.B.Simpson, Jurgen Moltmann, Alister McGrath, Charles Wilhelm, Manfred Haller, Charles Elliot Newbold Jr, and Chip Brogden to name a few.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah...I forgot about Alister McGrath....I've read several of his books and I like him, especially his book on heresy. I've also read several Lawhead books....I really like the Bysantium.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
God, C.S. Lewis, Thomas Merton, Thomas Keating, Richard Rohr, [font="arial][size="2"]Mechthild of Magdeburg, St. John of the Cross, St. Maximus, St. Gregory of Nyssa, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Benedict, Bonaventure, Augustine......wow, I am just discovering that I have really left Protestant authors behind. Anyone have any suggestions for Protestant authors, besides Calvinists?[/size][/font]

Francis Schaeffer
Reinhold Neibuhr
Deterich Bonhoffer
A.W. Pink
and
Mahatma Ghandi (not Christian, but a man with a good head on his shoulders)

...just a few

dajoshe

Nov 30, 2010
Florida

Why, "besides Calvinists"?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I am just finishing a book by the author R.T. Kendall and it is amazing.

It is called "Did You Think to Pray?"

My next book from him (I have purchased it but haven't started it yet) is "Total Forgiveness."

I have heard positive things about it and if it is anywhere as good as the current book of his I am reading, I know I will be greatly blessed.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Yeah...I forgot about Alister McGrath....I've read several of his books and I like him, especially his book on heresy. I've also read several Lawhead books....I really like the [font="Arial][size="2"]Bysantium.[/size][/font]

Jurgen Moltmann has a lot of good books but he is a theologian also so many of his books read like text books but none the less very good stuff.