Favorite Proverbs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prov 18 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁰ A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth, From the produce of his lips he shall be filled.
²¹ Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pro 25:21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
Pro 25:22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

I claimed this verse once when I asked for a raise at the job I worked at. They gave me a small raise; I refused the raise, but I worked even harder at my job then before. Three months later they gave me the raise I had originally requested.

Reactions: Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Proverbs_30-5.jpg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, @farouk already picked two of my favorites, so I'll take this one because it has a special (to me) story behind it.

As I mentioned in the tattoo thread, my wife is a breast cancer survivor (thank you, Great Physician!) The morning of our 20th wedding anniversary started off in the hospital recovering from the mastectomy.

When she had recovered enough that I felt comfortable leaving her at home alone for a few hours, I resumed going to the weekly Bible Study group. That first night back, the subject was Proverbs. Each member of the group was assigned a section of Proverbs and told to chose one Proverb that jumped out at you and explain why it had special meaning to you. In a coincidence that I don't think was a coincidence (God does have a subtle sense of humor), I got assigned chapters 4-6. And of course, given my wife's situation, my eye fell upon Proverbs 5:18-19:

18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

I asked our group leader if she could get me a bottle of white-out because now I needed to change a certain key word in verse 19 from plural to singular. That drew an understanding chuckle from everybody.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." (Proverbs 8.22-31)
Amen,

proverbs-35-6-37-kjv-trust-in-the-lord-with-all-thine-heart-christian-scripture-wall-art-canvas-945647.jpg

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reactions: farouk and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of years ago there was a lot of animosity between my son and his daughter's mother. They had been to court about access rights and were due to go again for the judges verdict. A couple of days before the due date for the court God 'gave' me this verse as I read my bible. Immediately my soul responded and I started to pray it over the situation. At the eleventh hour they came to an mutual agreement, made friends again and normality was restored. They are now expecting another baby.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie