Feeding mama cats and newborn kittens in the rain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say that again, that is one “ Huge” commitment!....at least they have each other....you did it on your own and that would have been even harder because everything is on your shoulders...what happened to your twelve cats ,Debp?

Do you know if this couple have any outside help, like volunteers?

Do those kittens / cats ever get given a forever home?

Do the couple find them forever homes, ?xxx

I will probably post on their YouTube channel and ask them.....

I see it’s open to replies, some YouTube channels are closed to replies as some viewers can be extremely rude in the comment section.

I view YouTube a lot...and have subscribed to many channels....mostly the homemaking ones, you get some great tips on there, plus they help me to get motivated to clean, on the days I get unmotivated.....I switch on their channel...met some lovely You tubers.x
It was years ago that I fed the stray cats.

A person that lived in our building moved and dumped their poor, unspayed, housecat outside. I know because I took a photo of their cat looking out of their window.

Their cat who looked like Sylvester had a litter of kittens. Those cats plus several more strays were the ones I fed. Thankfully a neighborhood rescue group helped me to get them all spayed and neutered.

Some of them eventually died, a few got adopted, one moved on it seemed. Because they were all neutered, eventually there were no more to feed.

I think the Moroccan couple do try to find the cats homes. Also, they have a one room shelter for cats in more need. They are in the process of building a shelter, too.

I never comment on YouTube because I don't want my name showing. Not sure if I can make up a name to use or how to do that.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They should spay her. And then fix the kittens when they're of age so to stop the homeless kitty problem. :(
Agreed.

There are so many problems in this world. I used to get upset that people did not focus on the biggest problems. Now, I realize we need to go where God calls us.

In another thread, there is a new poster upset about hunting animals for food. The problem with homeless people is worse than homeless cat problem. However, since men are the primary victim and not nearly as cute as kittens, no one cares about that.

1712146152985.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed.

There are so many problems in this world. I used to get upset that people did not focus on the biggest problems. Now, I realize we need to go where God calls us.

In another thread, there is a new poster upset about hunting animals for food. The problem with homeless people is worse than homeless cat problem. However, since men are the primary victim and not nearly as cute as kittens, no one cares about that.

View attachment 44013

That's a very good point, Brother. Besides, scripture says that not one sparrow falls to the earth without God knowing it. He feeds those animals and will make sure that...if you dont feed the cat that day, then someone will toss the last bite of their burger out the window or something, to feed that cat. It is after all, the Lord's.

The Lord said, Do you love me? (of course), Feed my sheep! When you feed the homeless, it is as if you are feeding the Lord Himself. The least that you do for the poor (People, sheep) is when you did it for Him! Wuld you feed the Lord if He showed up hungry? (Lol! Of COURSE!).

Reactions: Debp

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, you guys and gals want to hear a funny cat story?

When I was a kid, my Mom liked cats and had a few of them. Then when we moved to a farm property for a few years she took in every feral cat in the neighbrohood! I think she almost became the cat lady? But she had a Sylvester looking cat that she names Patches and she loved that cat more than the others. She was her baby. Well as it was, my Dad hated that cat and several times he catnapped it and drove it somewhere away from home to get rid of it and drop it off somewhere. I dont know why? Maybe she showed it too much affection to it or something? But that was nothing to me and so is irrevealant. This is about that cat!

He would take Patches for a ride and that cat always found it's way home again. My Mom would put up flyers missing cat and sometimes people would find the cat and retuen it, and sometimes (more than once!) that cat would just show up again! Disheveled, looking like it trekked 25 miles or more to walk home and all dirty and stuff...it drove my Dad nuts!

• Love
Reactions: Debp

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because my Mom was almost the cat lady, I got my fill of cats as household pets. It is the rare home with cats there that does not stink like cats. It's nasty. And by the Grace of God my wife wasnt fond of cats but did like dogs like I do, so I havent ever had a cat 'of my own' and wont.

They stink inside of a house too much. I was in the service industry for 36 ir 37 years doing plumbing repairs and gas lines and air conditioning and furnaces and even some electrical work in many many different homes. Probably tens of thousands of homes over time, and many were cat owners. I have been to homes where they owned cats (inside)...and I couldn't smell it as soon as I walked in the door! But I can prolly count on one hand how many people actually really can manage owning cats and the house not stink! It must be a serious skill!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed.

View attachment 44013

Of course we care about the human homeless.... I've done at least one thread about it.

But it's just a change for me to see what is going on in Morocco and Turkey where I follow a couple of animal rescuers there. Especially since my fifteen year old cat Miss Kitty died in February. I'm 73 so cannot get another pet....had several cats since 1989 though.

Because my Mom was almost the cat lady, I got my fill of cats as household pets. It is the rare home with cats there that does not stink like cats. It's nasty. And by the Grace of God my wife wasnt fond of cats but did like dogs like I do, so I havent ever had a cat 'of my own' and wont.

They stink inside of a house too much. I was in the service industry for 36 ir 37 years doing plumbing repairs and gas lines and air conditioning and furnaces and even some electrical work in many many different homes. Probably tens of thousands of homes over time, and many were cat owners. I have been to homes where they owned cats (inside)...and I couldn't smell it as soon as I walked in the door! But I can prolly count on one hand how many people actually really can manage owning cats and the house not stink! It must be a serious skill!

The newer clumpable litters are very good at preventing odor! I always scooped the litter box every day and never had an odor problem. And you don't even need to change the newer clumpable litters...just keep adding more.

The old type of sand litters (not clumping) could get smelly... especially if a person wasn't washing the box and replacing the litter often.

Also, if a person has a male cat and didn't get it neutered before six months old, the male cat will spray in order to mark territory. And the spray does smell.

I told someone to neuter a male kitten before six months old. They didn't and so it was their own fault when the male kitten sprayed in the apartment.

Reactions: Wrangler