Feel Turned Away from Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
For Those Who Feel Turned Away from Christ by Church Traditions and Creeds Maybe you're a person who sees much hypocrisy among various Church systems of man today, so you delay in coming to Christ? It could be that you saw this apparent hypocrisy while being raised in a certain Church when young? Possibly you have a hard time understanding there are those in the Church who don't always follow what they preach? Or is it that all the various denomination creeds of, "we don't do that, or teach that in our Church", and then you go to a different Church and find, "Yeah, we do that here, and we teach that here"? One Church has music, another one doesn't. One Church uses many religious icons, another has none. Or maybe you heard certain preachers say something like, "that teaching from The Bible was taught to me by my great-granddad, and if it was good enough for him, it's good enough for me and this congregation"; even though you verified from The Word it clearly didn't fit Biblical Scripture? Did all of this make you turn away from Christ when you finally got out on your own? At the same time, possibly you opened up your Bible and read for yourself, without allowing anyone to tell you what It says? And maybe, just maybe, what you read from Scripture didn't fit with some of the various Church traditions and creeds being taught by many? And maybe you also noticed that many of those creed Churches keep teaching the 'same' Message over and over, never getting down to the 'meat' of God's Word? Could it be that you have a heavy scientific background, with factual working knowledge, or your common sense tells you that this earth is older than the 6000 year myth which many Churches teach? In other words, have you always known there was more to The Word than they were teaching? If you have experienced this, then you have come to one of the right places to learn why. Some may find this message a little hard to take, and wrongly think I'm attacking the Churches. I am not, nor do I judge my fellow brethren in Christ, for only our Father has that Authority and Power. There are some good Churches which teach God's Word, instead of relying on men's traditions, and if you find one, hang on to It. (For the deeper student of God's Word, this Message is given weight per our Lord Christ's Messages to the seven Churches in Asia, as five out of seven Churches had problems, while only two kept The Word of His patience. Revelation 2 & 3).Facts Many Christians Find Hard To Admit1.) Many do not have 'eyes to see and ears to hear'. (Ezek.12:2; Isaiah 6; Isaiah 29:9-14):Matt 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto Him, "Why speakest Thou unto them in parables?"11 He answered and said unto them, "Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias (Greek for Isaiah), which saith, 'By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.' (Jesus quoting from Isaiah 6:9-10). This lack of having eyes to see and ears to hear is still going on today, as God revealed it would until Christ's second coming. That Truth is hinted at in Chapter 6 of Isaiah the prophet pointing to Christ Messiah's second coming. This situation has caused, and is causing some of the many confused doctrines of men to be taught today. Many 'have to' just accept what they are told to believe, because they can't understand The Word for themselves. To some It is given to know, but they can't find a Church teaching the 'meat' of The Word. Maybe this is your situation? It is not given to everyone to understand The Word; and God has His reasons for it, which can be discovered in Paul's writings. This lack of 'eyes to see...' by many will eventually lead many Churches today into the 'one-world religion', already slowly coming to completion. It's ultimate king will be none other than Satan, on earth, claiming to be Jesus Christ. It is called, 'MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH' (Revelation 17). Many think that false religious system applies to the 'traditions' of the Pharisees and Rome. That it will also include many Christian denominations of today, is part of their deception. And because many will be deceived, they don't know that God is allowing it to happen, with the 'strong delusion' of 2 Thess.2:10-12:II Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. The 'crept in unawares', who purposefully distort the Truth of God's Word, cause many who lack 'eyes to see and ears to hear' to stumble at The Word of God. False traditions and creeds are then allowed to grow within the various deceived members of Christ's Body. Traditions such as accepting lifestyles contrary to The Word. Traditions which keep the believer in bondage. And the biggest false tradition of all is not teaching God's Word chapter by chapter and verse by verse. Those false apostles who have taken over the scholar position of The Word do not wish that God's Word be taught line by line. The reason is that just by reading God's Word line by line to the congregation will help expose false doctrines which are not part of God's Word. Our Father would then be allowed to 'speak' to the members of the Body of Christ. False creeds and traditions are conjured up by men and are only 'based' on God's Word. The Word of God then becomes 'watered down' without line by line study. 2.) Many Christians misunderstand God's warning about false prophets and false apostles whom they allow to creep into various Churches. (Acts 15; Acts 20:29-31; Romans 16:17-18; 2 Corinthians 2:17; Galatians 1:7; 2:4; 1 Timothy 4; 2 Timothy 4:3-4; 2 Peter 2; 1 John 4.)2 Cor 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Paul was not giving this warning to non-believers, but to the Body of Christ's believers. Even though Paul was an excellent scholar of The Old Testament, and having been converted directly by Jesus Christ, he was still afraid for those believers in Corinth. He feared that they might be deceived by false apostles and false prophets. In other words, Paul knew it was coming, as revealed by the Old Testament prophets. The spiritual war is not only out in the streets of the world, no; the battle is also right inside Christ's Church. And today, there are many that are losing that spiritual battle against false prophets and false apostles. Many in the Body of Christ have allowed their minds to be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.2 Cor 11:13-1513 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. The word 'transformed' is 'metaschematizo' in the Greek. It means 'to transfigure or disguise' (Strong's no.3345). The heart of Paul's message here is that Satan has some of his own followers 'disguised' as 'ministers of righteousness', serving among various Churches. It should be obvious today with many of the abominations going on in some Churches, such as the acceptance of the 'gay' lifestyle and same sex marriages being performed by ministers; eastern monks chanting in front of the Communion Table of Christ, etc. Romans 1:18 through end, reveals that these abominations are still not acceptable by God. So their false teaching that all Old Testament Law is done away with, gets torn apart even by the New Testament in the Book of Romans.Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood.29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. Paul gave this warning more than once in his Epistles. Christ gave the same warning with beware of the false prophet who are ravening wolves in sheep's clothing (Matt.7:15). Ezekiel 22 gives this same warning to the 'house of Israel'. It still applies today, for the 'house of Israel' now are the Western Christian nations. Many university and school systems have been taken over by these false workers of iniquity also. The True Doctrine of Christ is being attacked on every level in our society today, and especially in the various Church systems. This attack is nothing new today. God warned His People to beware of it. The majority have not listened to God and His Christ, but listen to man's doctrines instead. This same attack by false ones happened in Old Testament times especially. What makes people so naive to think that attack has stopped today, even after Christ gave that warning for our times? If you see these deceptions in the various Church systems of man, and know what I'm talking about, and haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior because of it, then read on: 3.) God has given control of this flesh world to Satan and his children. Because of Satan's deceptions which God allows, not only non-believers are being duped, but many of the Body of Christ's believers are being deceived also.Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking Him up into an high mountain, shewed unto Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.6 And the devil said unto Him, "All this power will I give Thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.7 If Thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be Thine."8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, "Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, 'Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.' " The kingdoms of this flesh world have been 'delivered unto' Satan, and he is free to operate them. God allows it, again, for His reasons and not ours. Those reasons are also revealed to us in God's Word (2 Thessalonians 2 for one. The Old Testament prophets give the full picture). The many 'flesh' philosophers in the world live to twist people's minds away from the reality of evil controlling this world. They try to say there is no God, nor Satan. They bring their doctrine on the doubter in stages. The next step of deception they use is that there is no 'personal' God, but mother nature is God. Then you're ready for the next thought, that the evil in the world is because of man's ignorance of mother nature's natural laws. They're right about one part; the evil is due to 'ignorance', but not of their view of law and science, but ignorance of a personal Godhead, The Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit. Their false views prevent God's Truth from entering the mind and heart. Just as the choice to accept Jesus Christ as Savior, or not, is up to each person, listening to those world philosophers is each one's choice also. But let me ask this. Has the world view helped alleviate the evil on the earth? Be honest with yourself. I don't require a reply.I Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. The word 'world' is 'kosmos' in the Greek, and it means an orderly arrangement (Strong's no.2889). It doesn't mean the earth being utterly destroyed and turned into an asteroid belt. It means this 'flesh age' existence will pass away. The flesh existence is going to perish. It is temporary, not eternal. The Spirit of GOD is Eternal, and is Life. Many are seeking comfort today with things familiar in their lives. Man has always had this problem with 'seeing is believing' according to the flesh. The flesh is the root of this deception. Without it Satan wouldn't be so successful. That's why it is important to turn to Jesus Christ, our Salvation. He will help open your eyes and your heart, so you will receive 'sight', and hear with your spiritual ears, and be converted back to God, and be healed. What then? Because you may see hypocrisy of man's creeds and traditions in many Christian Churches, do you deny your own chance at Salvation through Christ? Because others choose to remain blinded to God's Truth, does that mean you have to? Maybe Christ has a Mission for you, since you might be aware of the false traditions happening today. Could you be ready for the New Wine of Mark 2:22? 'Old bottles' are a symbol for traditions of men. Christ was teaching there that the full Word of His Truth, which is the 'New Wine', would break those 'old bottle' traditions of men if It was put into them. New Wine must go into 'new bottles'. The 'new bottles' are a symbol for those who have not allowed themselves to be conditioned by heeding man's false traditions. This was also the meaning of Mark 10:15, where only those who receive the Kingdom of God 'as a little child' will enter in. A little child has not been conditioned by years of creeds and traditions. So when one hears The Truth of God's Word, like a little child does when learning from one they trust, they 'readily' receive It and understand It. Their 'flesh understanding' does not get in the way. Their self-pride is not puffed up from the flesh ideas of man. Christ's Spirit is then allowed to dwell in them and to reveal His Truth.are you ready to receive Christ as a little child?