Female angels?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes sense. Angels are spirit/asexual and can appear as they wish. I am fairly certain I have had some conversations with an angel. This person is a trip. Homeless, knows the Bible in and out. But is almost like two beings, male and female. It’s hard to explain. He came to the church for a while then left. I assume he had some message to share. But I immediately picked up that some thread different about him. I couldn’t put my finger on it and I swear at one point his appearance changed. His hair was longer than it was a few minutes ago. I have never seen anything like it. I bought him lunch lol.

It does seem that angels can at times seem to show up as if they are a physical being, but that is absolutely not what I am talking about when I point out that they are spirits. We deal with spirits regularly, whether we know it or not. Indeed we know that we battle with the dark "spiritual" forces of this world. So do you see a lot of evil spirits appearing as if they are physical beings? And then we are told that there are more with us than against us!

And do we remember the army of God with the chariots of fire? In that Bible story we see the prophet with his servant. The servant saw the evil army that surrounded the city, but the prophet had to pray that his eyes would be open before he could see God's army! It is like that. We have God's army around us, helping us, ministering to us, but we don't seem to have spiritual eyes to see even though we might be thought of as the Lord's servants. We should, but Jesus has to open our spiritual eyes.

Still, Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God, and explaining that thought He was the King His Kingdom was not of this world. Ok - I get it. We all have things to learn and so we need our Teacher, Jesus Christ, and need to seek His voice and listen to Him. And of course is takes time to learn, which we will have plenty of considering we are going to be around for eternity. Never-the-less, we should be learning form Him now, and that includes learning about the Kingdom that He is King over, right?

You are right. It does make sense, but for it to make sense and to get understanding we have to start actually seeking Jesus Christ and listening to what He has to say to us. At the right time, won't He send angels, as spirits, to minister to us? The Bible says He does that!

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BINGO and catchalot has made such a WONDERFUL POINT . I never had even thought of that one .
YET HOW TRUE IT IS . The angels are not given in marriage , IT DOES SAY THAT
And thus , well GOD dont approve of fornication . VERY GOOD MY FRIEND . You said that very simple and yet VERY TRUE .
Even a child could grasp it . VERY well done my friend . LET us THANK GOD HE gave you such a simple truthful answer .

Here are the words of Jesus concerning what we will be like in the resurrection.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. - Matthew 22:30

The whole concept of fornicating in the afterlife is just loathsome. Fornication along with the other sexual sins is detestable to God.

Praise be to God that there will not be any sex in Heaven. There is no need for it. For there will be things there much better than it.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. - 1 Corinthians 2:9

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are the words of Jesus concerning what we will be like in the resurrection.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. - Matthew 22:30

The whole concept of fornicating in the afterlife is just loathsome. Fornication along with the other sexual sins is detestable to God.

Praise be to God that there will not be any sex in Heaven. There is no need for it. For there will be things there much better than it.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Thank you for the wonderful reminder my friend . Our hope is IN THE LORD .

Reactions: Mama Etna

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to me Zechariah 5:9 clearly says there are female angels. I have heard the argument that since they had wings like a stork they could not be angels as the stork is an unclean bird. Well the Lord himself is the Lion of the tribe of Judah. A lion is an unclean animal. What say you?

I have no problem if it turns out that there are female angels. But Zechariah does not identify the winged females as angels. If they weren't angels, what were they? If they were angels I believe it is the only bibleical indication that angels have wings.

For those that believe angels do not have gender then they could not be called he or she...need another term?

Then we have to figure out how the "sons of God" impregnated the daughters of men. Or what were the sons of God?

Unfortunately we only have so much information about angels.

Reactions: Mantis