Files Uploads

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeforeThereWas

Dec 30, 2007
I have some music I've performed that I'd like to share with everyone in MP3 format. Would it be possible to increase my upload file size for that?

SW

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Even in MP3 format they can consume 3 to 4 megs of bandwidth and if downloaded in large quantity will push the owner of the forum into a new (and more expensive) hosting package.

Why not share them on youtube? There are plenty of youtube ripping websites out there that will extract the sound track from the videos posted (http://keepvid.com)

-BA

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I must answer no.

As Andy said above - the costs are just too much. All of the hosting is out of pocket for me, so I just don't have the money to support large file hosting. In addition to this, there are a number of services out there where you can host and share mp3s for free. I recommend a Google search, but you can even use a service like Dropbox to host the file and let people download. Otherwise, I know there is MP3 hosting at places like MySpace.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some music I've performed that I'd like to share with everyone in MP3 format. Would it be possible to increase my upload file size for that?

SW

Make a youtube video out of it and then post the URL.