Final Battle of This World

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke the following prophecy for the last day of this world in several places in the Books of His prophets.

This battle as a result of gathering those nations is what the Revelation 16 battle of "Armageddon" is about. It will be on that... day that He will pour out His consuming fire upon this earth, to end this present world (2 Peter 3:10; Hebrews 12:25-29). It will be on that last day when the battle of Armageddon happens with the pouring out of the 7th Vial that will reveal Christ's coming with His army from Heaven to do battle (Revelation 16:15-21). It even mentions the great hailstones out of heaven falling upon men, each hailstone weighing about a talent (roughly 70 - 120 lbs. each). No army will be able to withstand those hailstones on the last day.

Zeph 3:8-9
8 Therefore wait ye upon Me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for My determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them Mine indignation, even all My fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of My jealousy.
9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one consent.
KJV

Of course He is speaking that to His elect, those who know to 'wait' for Him, while the majority of the world at that time will instead be deceived worshiping the false-Christ.

The Ezekiel 39 Chapter covers that battle also, and in Ezekiel 38 we are shown just which... nations of His enemies are involved.

Ezek 38
1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

3 And say, "Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

The Hebrew word for "chief" is Ro'sh (OT:7218). Some scholars deem that as an ancient version for the modern name Russia. I know some may think that as a pointer is weak, however, there's more proof that is probably accurate in this Ezekiel 38 Chapter.

Meshech and Tubal in the Greek Old Testament Septuagint Bible renders these as Mesoch and Thobel. They were the Moschi and Tiberani in the region of the Caucasus Mountains (i.e., near modern Russia).

In this next part, God reveals Russia's allies that will come upon His people on the last day. I say Russia's allies because once it's understood where each one of these areas represents today, their alliance with Russia today becomes obvious. And we will be told here in Scripture that this prophecy is for the latter days, so there's no need to believe those who say it is past history:

5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Persia today represents the areas of Iran and Iraq, and possibly Syria. Who today is helping Iran's nuclear program? And who helped Saddam Hussein with weapons to fight the western coalition forces back when he took Kuwait? And who built a naval base in Syria and sent military advisors to that nation of Syria? The answer is -- Russia.

In 1986, Libyan terrorists sponsored by the Qadhafi regime in Libya planted a bomb at a discotheque in Berlin, Germany, killing and wounding mostly American servicemen. The orders sent from Tripoli to the terrorists for the go ahead was later discovered. U.S. President Reagan then sent in air strikes to bomb the terrorist training camps in Libya. The source of Libya's training and weapons? Russia.

Concerning Ethiopia, at the time of Ezekiel, Ethiopia covered a whole lot more territory than today. It originally included the lands just below Egypt, like Cush. But today, the nation of Sudan makes up most of that area under old Egypt. And who is today's Sudan allied with? You guessed it, Russia.

6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

Per Genesis 10:3, Gomer was founded by Japheth and was in the north of Asia Minor. Today, this is most likely representing the old Soviet satellite nations just below Russia that were to serve as buffer zones.

Togarmah was descended from Japheth, and represented old Cappadoccia, what today is called Turkey. Today Turkey is a western NATO ally. However, it is a Muslim nation. And Russia has been trying to play its strategy to weaken NATO nations while Islamic factions have been trying to convert Turkey closer to what nations like Iran follows. This prophecy says Turkey (Togarmah) will eventually side with Russia. If we see that happen, then this nation alignment God gave here through Ezekiel will be complete, and that... will signal how we are that much closer to the coming of the false-Messiah, and the end of this world.

(Continued...)

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Continued...)

7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

That was not history. It is for the latter years. Though it says they will seek to come "against the mountains of Israel", there's more pointers here that includes the traditional Christian West also. The nation of Israel in the middle east is a nation of gates and walls, and though Israeli's dwell somewhat in safety today, certain areas of Israel have been constantly under attack by radical Jihadists with their mortar and rocket attacks.

There actually exists two Israels technically per God's Word, though many are not aware of it Biblically. When the ten northern tribes of Israel branched off from the Jews of the "house of Judah" after Solomon's days, God made the ten tribes a separate nations with their own king. And the ten tribe kingdom was scattered among the Gentiles first, never to return to the holy lands (see 1 Kings 11 forward). There is archaeological evidence that the ten tribes migrated westward out of Assyria where they were captive, and gradually fled into Asia Minor and Europe, creating the western nations. Thus the nation of Israel in the holy land today actually represents returning Jews of the "house of Judah", and not the ten tribes of Israel which were scattered first. Today, the Jews do not know where the ten tribes are, but God knows, because He showed in final they will be joined with the house of Judah back to the holy lands He promised their fathers.

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, "Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?"

These of Sheba, Dedan, and Tarshish protest against that great band come to take a spoil.

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when My people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?
15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16 And thou shalt come up against My people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against My land, that the heathen may know Me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by My servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

Again, this is for the last days, specifically the very last day of this present world. And the start location of that great army is pointed to as being northern lands above Israel in the middle east. Why is God going to do this? Like He said, so He will be sanctified before their eyes. On that day, they are going to know Who The Real GOD is.

In verse 17, God reminds us that He foretold of this future event through His prophets. I showed you one of them, in Zephaniah 3. The Joel 3:2 prophecy is another version of it; Zechariah 14:1-3 is another version, and a very important one, because it links that day with the "day of the Lord" and the day of Christ's coming to do battle (see also Revelation 19 about that day of Christ's coming to fight with His army from Heaven.

18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that My fury shall come up in My face.

19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at My presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

When Gog and Magog and its allies determine to go against God's people on the last day to destroy, that is when God's fury is going to come up in His face. And notice what He sends on that day, "the fire of My wrath"! That along with the Signs in that 20th verse reveals that is the LAST DAY of this present world when that happens, this earth will tremble like never before, the mountains thrown down, and not one stone left atop another like Lord Jesus answered in Matthew 24:1-3.

21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all My mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

23 Thus will I magnify Myself, and sanctify Myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
KJV

There's the hailstones mentioned in Revelation 16:21, weighing a talent (70 - 120 lbs.). Would that crush a tank, and knock an aircraft out of the sky? Yeah, no doubt.

Yet that event is still going to be proof of God's existence when it happens; everyone will know beyond all doubt that He is The LORD and there is no one else. That actually is another pointer of how this is a future event for the very last day of this world, because it is about God revealing Himself to all peoples and nations, beyond question, even for the atheist. And that we know will happen only on the day that His Son Jesus Christ has returned.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here is a Biblically correct list of the attacks yet to happen:

The Bible prophets describe five attacks by armies against peoples and entities, that await fulfilment in these end times. They are all described differently and all occur at different times, but the common elements are; they all take place in the holy Land and they are all won by the Lord, except 3, where He destroys them 3 ½ years later.

In their correct sequence:

1/ The Islamic Confederation attack against the State of Israel. Psalms 83:1-18, Micah 4:11-12

2/ The Gog/Magog attack against the new nation of Beulah. Ezekiel 37-38, Joel 2:20

3/ The conquest of Beulah, by the Anti-Christ. Revelation 13:5-7, Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 7:25

4/ The battle of Armageddon by an army from all the nations, at the Return of Jesus. Revelation 19:19, Daniel 8:25

5/ The final rebellion against God at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 20:7-9, Daniel 2:34-35

For what reason do they attack?

1a Because of their ancient enmity against Jacobs descendant’s. Ezekiel 25:1-17

2a In order for God to display His power and to make Himself known to His people and the nations. Before Jesus’ visible Return. Ezekiel 38:23, Ezekiel 39:7

3a The Anti-Christ will break the 7 year treaty with Beulah. Daniel 9:27, Rev 13:7

4a It is Satan’s attempt to prevent the Return of Jesus. Revelation 16:14

5a Satan’s final deception of mankind. Revelation 20:3 & 7-9

What the Lord uses to achieve victory and the results of these attacks:

1b The Middle East is virtually depopulated, by fire, storms, earthquakes and tsunamis, caused by a massive CME. Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 30:25-28, Zephaniah 2:4-15, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Jeremiah 12:14, Jeremiah 10:18, Zephaniah 1:14-18

2b The entire Gog/Magog army is wiped out, by earthquakes and fire. Ezekiel 38:18-22, Ezekiel 39:3-5, Joel 2:20

3b Beulah will be conquered and the Lord’s people tested. Daniel 9:27, Daniel 11:31-35, Revelation 11:2

4b The Anti-Christs army is destroyed by the Sword of the Word and he is chained up. Revelation 20:19-21, Daniel 11:25

5b The armies are burned up and Satan is thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:9-10

What happens to the dead?

1c They are burned to ashes by fire from the sun. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1&3, Isaiah 33:12

2c They are buried in Wadi Mujib. Ezekiel 39:11

3c Their souls are kept in heaven awaiting Jesus’ Return. Daniel 11:35, Revelation 20:4

4c Their bodies are food for the birds and animals. Revelation 19:21

5c They are totally consumed by fire from heaven. Revelation 20:9

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This battle as a result of gathering those nations is what the Revelation 16 battle of "Armageddon" is about.
However this is not "the final" battle. The final battle is the battle of Gog and Magog (Rev 20:7-9). So there is one battle before the Millennium and one after it.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However this is not "the final" battle. The final battle is the battle of Gog and Magog (Rev 20:7-9). So there is one battle before the Millennium and one after it.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The Ezekiel 38-39 battle is the LAST battle of 'this present world'. It is giving a specific nation alignment that can be seen today, excepting Turkey (Togarmah), which it's obvious that Russia is working more with today.

The Gog and Magog of Revelation 20 is not this same one, and it should be very easy... to know, simply because the Gog and Magog of Revelation 20 only will happen after Christ and His elect have reigned for "a thousand years" on this earth, and the "camp of the saints" is established on earth, which is where Rev.20 shows will be attacked by Satan and his host who will be destroyed.

Thus the supper of The Great God is for the end of this present world, and is associated with Christ's future return to do battle on the "day of the Lord", which is the last day of this present world, and that is what the Ezekiel 38 & 39 Chapters are about.

Thus you folks that don't read all your Bible need to stop the confusion about it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a Biblically correct list of the attacks yet to happen:

Sorry Keraz, but your timeline of events are not... correct.

The Bible prophets describe five attacks by armies against peoples and entities, that await fulfilment in these end times. They are all described differently and all occur at different times, but the common elements are; they all take place in the holy Land and they are all won by the Lord, except 3, where He destroys them 3 ½ years later.

That is just an assumption you have.

In their correct sequence:

1/ The Islamic Confederation attack against the State of Israel. Psalms 83:1-18, Micah 4:11-12

The nation joining in Psalms 83:6-8 is about 'ten' nations, and is associated with the final structure at the end of this world, a la "ten horns" of Revelation. Their destruction is for the "day of the Lord" timing. Micah 4 certainly is not about a previous battle before the end, even as the Scripture shows it is the same timing of the very last day of this world...

Speaking of Israel in the middle east...

Mic 4:11-12
11 Now also many nations are gathered against thee, that say, 'Let her be defiled, and let our eye look upon Zion.'

12 But they know not the thoughts of the LORD, neither understand they his counsel: for he shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor.
KJV

That is a definite connection to our Lord Jesus' future coming on the last day of this world, like Revelation 14 with His coming with a sickle in His hand, and in Luke 3:17 with John speaking about Jesus' 2nd coming with a winnowing fan in His hand. It is also the event of Joel 3 harvest.

2/ The Gog/Magog attack against the new nation of Beulah. Ezekiel 37-38, Joel 2:20

I've already covered the Ezekiel 38 events, which are for the last day when Christ is revealed to the wicked. Joel 2:11 reveals that final battle is about the one on the "day of the Lord", which is also when Armageddon happens, and the Ezekiel 38 & 39 events...

Joel 2:10-11
10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
11 And the LORD shall utter His voice before His army: for His camp is very great: for He is strong That executeth His word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

KJV

3/ The conquest of Beulah, by the Anti-Christ. Revelation 13:5-7, Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 7:25

4/ The battle of Armageddon by an army from all the nations, at the Return of Jesus. Revelation 19:19, Daniel 8:25

Both of those events are for the "day of the Lord", the day of Jesus' 2nd coming with His army from Heaven to battle against the wicked (Revelation 19). Zechariah 14 specifically tells us that battle happens on the "day of the Lord", and that day is the final day of this present world. The battle of Armageddon is the same battle as Zechariah 14, and Ezekiel 38 & 39, and Revelation 14 harvest, and the Joel 2 & 3 events of the "day of the Lord".

Just because God showed in more than one Bible Book about that coming final battle on the last day of this world when Jesus returns, on the "day of the Lord", it does not mean to try and separate them into different time periods and create confusion.

5/ The final rebellion against God at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 20:7-9, Daniel 2:34-35

That one above is the only... one that you have correct. It will only happen after Christ and His elect have reigned on earth for a thousand years, as written in Revelation 20.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That one above is the only... one that you have correct.
None of your rebuttals hold water.
Micah 4, for example is nothing to do with the Return of Jesus. Or the G/M attack.

There is a lot of talk about World War 3, the Gog/Magog War, Armageddon, etc. The actual fact is – they are not wars at all! They are all events where God uses seemingly natural occurrences, such as earthquakes, hailstorms, plagues and sunstrikes to destroy enemy armies. The exception is when Jesus uses the Sword of His Word at His Return.

The so called next Mid East war or W.W. 3:

Micah 4:11-12 Now many nations are massed against Israel.....They do not know the Lord's purpose, for He has gathered them for the threshing.

Psalms 83:13-15 Scatter Your enemies, O God, like thistledown, like chaff before the wind, like a fire raging through the forested hills. Pursue them with Your tempest, terrify them with Your storm winds.

2 Samuel 22:9-16 The earth quaked, shaking because of the Lord’s anger. Smoke and devouring fire issued from Him. He parted the heavens and came down, thick darkness His covering. God thundered from heaven, lightning shafts flashed.

Psalms 50:1-3 The Lord is coming, a consuming fire, around Him a great storm rages.

Zechariah 9:14 The Lord will appear over them, His arrows flashing like lightning.

Isaiah 29:6 Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord, with fire, etc.

Habakkuk 3:14 With his own weapon, You pierced his head, as they stormed out to fight

Joel 1:15 The Day of the Lord is near, it comes, a mighty destruction from the Almighty

Revelation 6:12-17 The Lamb broke the Sixth Seal, there was a violent earthquake ..terrible signs in the heavens. The great Day of the Lord’s wrath has come and who can stand?

Isaiah 30:26 The sun will shine 7 times brighter on the Day the Lord saves His people.

A Coronal Mass Ejection of unprecedented magnitude will literally fulfil all the graphic prophesies about the forthcoming actual Day of the Lord’s fiery wrath.

The Gog, Magog attack:

Ezekiel 38:19-22 I shall bring them to judgement with pestilence and bloodshed. I shall pour torrential rain and hailstorms as well as fire and brimstone on them all. In My anger, there will be a great earthquake in Israel that day. Terror will strike the hearts of Gog’s armies and his men will turn their swords against one another.

Joel 2:20 I shall remove the Northern peril far from you and banish them into the desert. The stench and foul smell of them will rise up.

Armageddon – at the Return of Jesus:

Revelation 19:15-21 Out of His mouth came a sharp sword to smite the nations.

Zechariah 14:12-15 The Lord will strike with plague all the nations who warred against Israel

Daniel 11:45 The Anti Christ will camp between the sea and Jerusalem and there, he will meet his end, with no one to help him.

End of the Millennium:

Rev 20:7-10 When the 1000 years has ended, Satan will seduce the nations. They lay siege to God’s city. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them.

Ref: REB. Verses abridged.

What God requires of His people, is trust and faith that He will deliver and protect them. They must be prepared to take advantage of any situation, but with fervent prayer for the Lords deliverance, trusting in His provision for them.

Isaiah 30:15 In calm detachment lies your safety, your strength in quiet trust.

Psalm 37:1-29 Trust in the Lord and do good, settle in the Land, find good pasture. Commit your ways to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act.

His righteous people will inherit the Land and will live there forever.

Isaiah 25:9 On that day, the people will say: See, this is our God, we waited for Him, and He has delivered us. This is the God whom we have trusted, we will rejoice.

Jeremiah 39:18 I shall keep you safe, you will not be killed, because you trusted in Me.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Gog and Magog of Revelation 20 is not this same one, and it should be very easy... to know, simply because the Gog and Magog of Revelation 20 only will happen after Christ and His elect have reigned for "a thousand years" on this earth, and the "camp of the saints" is established on earth, which is where Rev.20 shows will be attacked by Satan and his host who will be destroyed.
Which means that this is the "final battle".

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. Because Gog/Magog is used in Rev 20:8 as an allegory for a vast, uncountable army. They are not the same war, as they are described quite differently.
There is nothing allegorical in Revelation 20. It is a sober and factual account of the events which will take place during and after the Millennium. And since it is in fact called "the battle" of Gog and Magog (not the same as what is mentioned in Ezekiel) this is where Satan is finally cast into the Lake of Fire.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means that this is the "final battle".

But not the 'final battle' for this PRESENT world. This present world ends on the "day of the Lord" which is the last day of this world, and is the day when Jesus returns, as written in Zechariah 14, etc.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing allegorical in Revelation 20. It is a sober and factual account of the events which will take place during and after the Millennium. And since it is in fact called "the battle" of Gog and Magog (not the same as what is mentioned in Ezekiel) this is where Satan is finally cast into the Lake of Fire.

It's easy to understand about the Gog and Magog at the end of Revelation 20, that it is not the same one of Ezekiel 38-39.

The Gog and Magog of Revelation 20:8 forward Satan leads upon the "camp of the saints" on earth. That means CHRIST'S SAINTS, not unbelieving Jews.

But the Gog and Magog event of Ezekiel 38 & 39 is about a 'specific' nation alignment that will come out of the northern quarters of the earth, and go up to destroy Jerusalem particularly, which for this present world means who in Jerusalem? It means orthodox UNBELIEVING Jews in majority that still reject Jesus Christ as Messiah.