Finding fellowship with fellow Christians is not always easy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether it be a physical church congregation, a message board like this or even among one's own family, it's not always easy to find quality, Christian, fellowship. I think the biggest obstacle is the PRIDE of some Christians. It gets in the way of having true fellowship with their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I recently left Worthy Christian Forums due to the abuse that I received from its owner, George, and a number of its veteran members. What I realized is that it is a clique. There are some very learned and kind Christians there, but George and some of the others are not, unfortunately. One can learn there but they will have to be content to tolerate a certain amount of abuse from George and his clan. If you've visited you'll notice that participation there is relatively low and that's because George and company don't tolerate those that fail to kiss George's ring, so to speak; instead, George casts them into the outer darkness, i.e, bans them.

Proud, haughty, and abusive church leaders like George and his inner-circle are more the norm, unfortunately, rather than the exception.

I am happy to say that I have not seen that type of idol worship and abuse in this community as exists in Pope George's cult.

It's nice to find a community of Christians that is humble and kind to others and I compliment the ownership and management of this site for creating an atmosphere that inspires brotherly and sisterly love for one another.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether it be a physical church congregation, a message board like this or even among one's own family, it's not always easy to find quality, Christian, fellowship. I think the biggest obstacle is the PRIDE of some Christians. It gets in the way of having true fellowship with their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I recently left Worthy Christian Forums due to the abuse that I received from its owner, George, and a number of its veteran members. What I realized is that it is a clique. There are some very learned and kind Christians there, but George and some of the others are not, unfortunately. One can learn there but they will have to be content to tolerate a certain amount of abuse from George and his clan. If you've visited you'll notice that participation there is relatively low and that's because George and company don't tolerate those that fail to kiss George's ring, so to speak; instead, George casts them into the outer darkness, i.e, bans them.

Proud, haughty, and abusive church leaders like George and his inner-circle are more the norm, unfortunately, rather than the exception.

I am happy to say that I have not seen that type of idol worship and abuse in this community as exists in Pope George's cult.

It's nice to find a community of Christians that is humble and kind to others and I compliment the ownership and management of this site for creating an atmosphere that inspires brotherly and sisterly love for one another.

Most of my Christian fellowship comes when I am serving in the church in some capacity. I sing in the choir and do volunteer maintenance work on Monday mornings, which includes carrying food in from the trucks to our food pantry.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Patrick1966 - I'm glad you found us, but even on this lovely site there are those I choose not to engage with. But there are plenty of nice people as well. Hope to see you around as we share fellowship together.

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Patrick...Welcome and Thank You for Sharing! :kiaora:

Sorry this happened to you...Sad to say that we've experienced this out there on the "Ministry" (battle) field one time or another, and I agree about the pride thing, Christians are plagued with pride issues, IF they don't keep that fleshly monster at bay and in-check! For hubby and I, when God reveals these "issues" to us, our first go-to is GOD in prayer! We don't know each other's circumstances, what they've been through or going through, etc. etc...But we can PRAY for them! :)

We love watching how God works in our prayers for others...Glad you found a new home here, cya around! :Thumbsup:

Reactions: Patrick1966

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello and welcome to CyB. I would like to encourage you to forgive those who spitefully come against you. I would probably be correct in saying most members came here after a bad experience on another forum.

I would like to encourage you to start out in the testimonial and praise forums as these tend to lift us up.

And always feel free to speak privately with a staff member if you are having issues.

We are all a work in progress and I pray the Holy Spirit will show us when we are in error of His Truth.

God Bless and have a wonderful day.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I recently left Worthy Christian Forums due to the abuse that I received from its owner, George, and a number of its veteran members.
This is not new. I left that site a long time ago for the same reasons. Glad to see you here. Be strong and courageous and stick to Bible truth and Gospel truth,

Reactions: Patrick1966