Finding God's Precious Rest!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello dear friends,

I wanted to share a message with you today and hopefully encourage you to share your experiences, scriptures, etc. on experiencing God's rest regardless of our circumstances!

In this week’s broadcast, we spoke of important world news that may be linked to what the Word tells us to expect in the end times. YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes

More importantly, we discussed the importance of finding REST right now. With all of the world events we’ve been experiencing, it’s easy to feel unsettled, or even fearful. Just dealing with everyday life can leave us feeling that way! That is why it is so important for the children of God to enter into His special rest, something that cannot be comprehended by the worldly mind.

A big part of that is putting God in that first place of priority in our lives and recognizing when we are not doing that. If so, we just need to take up our cross again and follow him. Every day is brand new! The past is the past, the future will take care of itself, let’s work on today!

What advice do you have for entering (and staying in) the rest of God?

God bless you all this week!

Misty

Reactions: Lizbeth

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There was a time when I felt really low and that I was in the doldrums – no wind in my sails. I realised that the reason for feeling the way I did was because I had begun to look at my weaknesses and faults and compare myself to other people and try to change myself.

I kept on praying and praying and felt I was getting nowhere. And the trouble was I just got worse. I knew God hadn’t left me and that there was no known sin separating me from him but I was feeling so disconnected, both from God and the church and people in general.

But then God has showed me that a lump of clay can’t mold itself. He very clearly said to me, “Just be and let me” which took the pressure off completely and I just rested in Him and soon had the wind back in my sails.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Realizing that God is on His throne and sovereign and more powerful over everything in this world helps me to be at rest in Him. Trust is a big part of rest. Also focusing on Him rather than on what is going on in the world or on myself. "He will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is staid on Him."

(And the more we focus on Jesus the more we're being transformed into His likeness as well..

2Co 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.)

Reactions: Pearl

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a time when I felt really low and that I was in the doldrums – no wind in my sails. I realised that the reason for feeling the way I did was because I had begun to look at my weaknesses and faults and compare myself to other people and try to change myself.

I kept on praying and praying and felt I was getting nowhere. And the trouble was I just got worse. I knew God hadn’t left me and that there was no known sin separating me from him but I was feeling so disconnected, both from God and the church and people in general.

But then God has showed me that a lump of clay can’t mold itself. He very clearly said to me, “Just be and let me” which took the pressure off completely and I just rested in Him and soon had the wind back in my sails.
Ah, yes. There’s an unseen thing in all this. God has to show you your lack or you can never grow in the virtue of humility. But a response of a leopard trying to change his spots is a most futile exercise.

He has to show you your poverty and your immediate response is to take confidence in your flesh because it has powered you all your life. But we have to learn to put NO confidence in our flesh and our own abilities and to put ALL confidence in Him and what He can do.

It’s just the strangest thing, isn’t it? At the point where God gives us all that increased light to walk by and to see ourselves accurately and truthfully, it appears to us as if a very bad thing is happening to us so we work to try and correct it.

When He is working most in us, giving us more light, blessing us tremendously, we feel as if the opposite is happening.
It’s just the most bewildering and darndest thing that it should work that way - that when He is giving us more light it feels horrible and when He is not flooding us with as much light it feels good.

But…that is just how it works. The physical, temporal eye shows this to be true. When our eye is flooded with exceeding light, as when staring at the sun, it temporarily blinds the eye. But when there is less light flooding our eye, this doesn’t happen. By gosh, even the human eye that He made shows forth His glory and mystery and ways.

Reactions: Lizbeth and Pearl

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What advice do you have for entering (and staying in) the rest of God?

REJECT THE WORLD..:)
I don't mean become monks or nuns in remote monasteries and convents, but to simply adopt a laid-back detached attitude to the world, thereby placing a buffer or 'comfort blanket' between it and us.
Naturally, we take an interest in what's going on in the world, but the trick is not to let ourselves be drawn into its mire by over-worrying and fretting about the things we see and hear..:)

"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18)
"Don't love the world or the things in it, otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:2)
"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)

Look at the calm confident detached serenity in these Christians eyes-

Bear Grylls
grylls-look.jpg

rel-chr-wom2.jpg

rel-j-glenn.jpg

Reactions: Lizbeth

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of the Lord comes from Peace of the Holy Spirit, it is the only spiritual rest. Which is a gift of the Holy Spirit.

A few ways we can be blessed with peace:

1. Prayer
2. Reading the scriptures
3. Attending church services, including online services
4. Serving God and our fellow brothers and sisters

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl