First Resurrection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon

Rev 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

(KJV)

The purpose here is to show cause why the 'First Resurrection' is the regeneration (born-again) of the believer and not a resurrection of the body.

The believer today meets all the requirements of the definition.

He is 'blessed and made holy '(II cor 5;21) because he is a partner in the Resurrection of Christ.This is how we become joint -heirs. Any one denying the Resurrrection of Christ is antichrist as unless He was raised bodily from the dead our faith is nothing.

Pete refers to the Church as;

1 Pet 2:5
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

John of course concurs; (note the tense)

Rev 1:6
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
(KJV)

This 'priesthood' is entirely populated by those who 'overcome'. As Paul writes;

Rom 8:36-37
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
(KJV)

Conquerors and overcomers are translated from the same original word. Every christian is expected to be faithful even unto death, so being 'more than conquerors' is the status of all believers in Christ, whether events demonstrated this in life (martyrdom) or not. Every believer is passed from death unto life. And is securely covered under the Blood of Christ. This renders him free from the power of the 'second death' and allows him to' reign in life by one, Jesus Christ'.

Thus each requirement as lineated in v6 is already accomplished in the believer.

It is as important as it is common to refer to the born-again believer as being 'raised up,,formerly dead...

Eph 2:5-6
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(KJV)
Eph 2:1
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(KJV)

I Jn 3:14
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
(KJV)

The pattern here follows;
Num 19:11-12

11 He that toucheth the dead body of any man shall be unclean seven days.
12 He shall purify himself with it on the third day, and on the seventh day he shall be clean: but if he purify not himself the third day, then the seventh day he shall not be clean.
(KJV)

With our 'patnership' in the 'First Resurrection', which came on the Third day. we gain newness of life through the righteousness of Christ imputed judicially. This is common to all believers and without it we cannot be seen as 'clean' on the seventh day (last day).

All must participate in the 'third day cleansing' or 'First Resurrection' . Every believer must have a part here. But not every believer will be raised bodily. By the same token every believer must be raised spiritually.

Of course Christ offered up His body as a Sacrfice and need not be raised in the spiritual sense, as we do. So His Resurrection does not require the second step. Thus for the believer, the First Resurrection is first in order and importance.

Take care

Hitch​

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
That sounds like Preterism, which is a doctrine of man, not a Biblical doctrine.

Apostle Paul revealed beyond all doubt about the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15, even as to what kind of body it is. And he linked that with the day of Christ's return. The timeline given in Revelation 20 by Christ is obvious; it's after Christ has returned and the resurrection having happened on the day of His return, His second coming.

The Preterist doctrines are designed to trick a believer to place faith in today's world, in today's time, as Christ's Kingdom having come on earth. For those, all that's left that's needed is for the false messiah to show and trick those also into believing he's our Lord Jesus. That's what Preterists are being prepared for, the great apostasy.

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
That sounds like Preterism, which is a doctrine of man, not a Biblical doctrine.

Apostle Paul revealed beyond all doubt about the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15, even as to what kind of body it is. And he linked that with the day of Christ's return. The timeline given in Revelation 20 by Christ is obvious; it's after Christ has returned and the resurrection having happened on the day of His return, His second coming.

The Preterist doctrines are designed to trick a believer to place faith in today's world, in today's time, as Christ's Kingdom having come on earth. For those, all that's left that's needed is for the false messiah to show and trick those also into believing he's our Lord Jesus. That's what Preterists are being prepared for, the great apostasy.
Yawn, afraid to even attempt a textual argument. Better run and hide. Better yet support your 'doctrine of man' by quoting Jesus wrt the resurrection.

Get a grip Vet On any thing you and I disagree I can announce your position ' is a doctrine of man, not a Biblical doctrine' every bit as well as you .

There's plenty of information in the OP, it should be a cakewalk for you to destroy any and all the points made, you up to it?

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

(KJV)

Spiritual beheading?

Hmmmm . . .

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007

(KJV)

The purpose here is to show cause why the 'First Resurrection' is the regeneration (born-again) of the believer and not a resurrection of the body.

He is 'blessed and made holy '(II cor 5;21) because he is a partner in the Resurrection of Christ.This is how we become joint -heirs. Any one denying the Resurrrection of Christ is antichrist as unless He was raised bodily from the dead our faith is nothing.

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
(KJV)

This 'priesthood' is entirely populated by those who 'overcome'. As Paul writes;

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
(KJV)

Conquerors and overcomers are translated from the same original word. Every christian is expected to be faithful even unto death, so being 'more than conquerors' is the status of all believers in Christ, whether events demonstrated this in life (martyrdom) or not. Every believer is passed from death unto life. And is securely covered under the Blood of Christ. This renders him free from the power of the 'second death' and allows him to' reign in life by one, Jesus Christ'.

Thus each requirement as lineated in v6 is already accomplished in the believer.

It is as important as it is common to refer to the born-again believer as being 'raised up,,formerly dead...

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(KJV)
(KJV)

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
(KJV)

12 He shall purify himself with it on the third day, and on the seventh day he shall be clean: but if he purify not himself the third day, then the seventh day he shall not be clean.
(KJV)

With our 'patnership' in the 'First Resurrection', which came on the Third day. we gain newness of life through the righteousness of Christ imputed judicially. This is common to all believers and without it we cannot be seen as 'clean' on the seventh day (last day).

All must participate in the 'third day cleansing' or 'First Resurrection' . Every believer must have a part here. But not every believer will be raised bodily. By the same token every believer must be raised spiritually.

Of course Christ offered up His body as a Sacrfice and need not be raised in the spiritual sense, as we do. So His Resurrection does not require the second step. Thus for the believer, the First Resurrection is first in order and importance.

Take care

Hitch​

[sup]4 [/sup]And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
[sup]5 [/sup]But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

2 Thessalonians 2

King James Version (KJV)
2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
[sup]2 [/sup]That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[sup]3 [/sup]Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[sup]4 [/sup]Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
[sup]5 [/sup]Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
[sup]6 [/sup]And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
[sup]7 [/sup]For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The Book of Revelations shows that these include those killed by the Beast. He hasn't been yet, has he?
Then Paul warning Christ won't return till after the Beast.
Hitch, you should never repeat anything till you have checked it out for yourself.
It is clear that you have repeated someone else who has mislead you and misguided you.

You need your own oil and the only way to be sure if someone else has it, is to have your own supply.
Stop taking what is given you by man and trust God for the truth. Read the bible and remember to ask God to guide you.
Your post was way off the mark. You must not change anything written in the book of revelation read the last chapters again.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Hitch .... you know very well these are Christians who are beheaded during the tribulation because of their testimony about Jesus.

These unique folks will be resurrected to reign with Christ for the thousand years.

You deceive yourself thinking it applies to you .

Are you easily deceived ?

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
Hitch .... you know very well these are Christians who are beheaded during the tribulation because of their testimony about Jesus.

These unique folks will be resurrected to reign with Christ for the thousand years.

You deceive yourself thinking it applies to you .

Are you easily deceived ?
In reality the beheading is probably a direct reference to John, but reality aint your thing is it?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Beheading could mean that they have made Jesus their head. We are to grow into the Head which is Christ...just sayin'

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A non-answer . . .

I don't believe that the saints will be actually physically beheaded during the tribulation. Do you?

I believe that the bible wants to take us to a spiritual place. Being beheaded means we are no longer lords of our own lives.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Thank you for your clarity!

:)

I think it means people will be having their heads cut off. Why wouldn't it mean that?

BTW . . . when you say "all Scriptures have a deeper dimension to them", is this to say that they don't mean what they say on the surface, if we just look at the words like a straightforward communication?

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
[sup]4 [/sup]And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
[sup]5 [/sup]But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

2 Thessalonians 2

King James Version (KJV)
2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
[sup]2 [/sup]That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[sup]3 [/sup]Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[sup]4 [/sup]Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
[sup]5 [/sup]Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
[sup]6 [/sup]And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
[sup]7 [/sup]For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The Book of Revelations shows that these include those killed by the Beast. He hasn't been yet, has he?
Well if they so many thousands had not been martyred you could ask your brothers who lived during Nero's reign
Then Paul warning Christ won't return till after the Beast.
Hitch, you should never repeat anything till you have checked it out for yourself.
It is clear that you have repeated someone else who has mislead you and misguided you.
LOL@Faithful
You need your own oil and the only way to be sure if someone else has it, is to have your own supply.
Stop taking what is given you by man and trust God for the truth. Read the bible and remember to ask God to guide you.
Your post was way off the mark. You must not change anything written in the book of revelation read the last chapters again.
Rest assured your advice will get the consideration it deserves.

(KJV)

Spiritual beheading?

Hmmmm . . .
Odd question.

Spiritual living,,, Remember the audience here lacks our thousands of years of Christian history. John is granting assurance that even those dead in Christ are not lost to us or the Kingdom but rather alive with Him in contrast to 'the rest of the dead' who are of no value to our enemy but lost in every sense of the word.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

(KJV)

(KJV)

(KJV)

(KJV)

(KJV)
(KJV)

(KJV)

(KJV)

Take care

Hitch​

What happened when Christ was resurrected?

That is our example of a ressurection.

You die and then you are brought back to life at the last trum.

When Christ comes to set up His kingdom on earth.

In a moment. In the twinkling of an eye.

[background=rgb(255,255,255)]For as the lightning [/background]​
[background=rgb(255,255,255)]that flashes out of one part under heaven shines [/background]​
[background=rgb(255,255,255)]to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.[/background]​

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
What happened when Christ was resurrected?
Thats too broad a question. Can you be more specific?
That is our example of a ressurection.

You die and then you are brought back to life at the last trum.
Correct
When Christ comes to set up His kingdom on earth.
Thatsbeen done, see Mark chapter one.
In a moment. In the twinkling of an eye.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]For as the lightning [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]that flashes out of one part under heaven shines [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.[/background]

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Beheading is the required death of one who blasphemes according to noahide law written by the San hedrin.The fiollowing saints who are beheaded are Israelis who do not worship the beast and testify in Israel that Jesus is the christ.
It is considerd blasphemy to testify Jesus is the Christ by noahide law just as Jesus was judged by the Sanhedrin for blasphemy by claiming to be the Christ.This is not spiritual..This is no more spiritual than the death of Jesus.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
Beheading is the required death of one who blasphemes according to noahide law written by the San hedrin.The fiollowing saints who are beheaded are Israelis who do not worship the beast and testify in Israel that Jesus is the christ.
It is considerd blasphemy to testify Jesus is the Christ by noahide law just as Jesus was judged by the Sanhedrin for blasphemy by claiming to be the Christ.This is not spiritual..This is no more spiritual than the death of Jesus.
Correct
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The statements in your posting are assertions with regard to the verses quoted and pulled out of context. To all appearances you seem to only be interested in sparring with the saints and proving your doctrine as superior to others. This isn't a kung fu movie. If you indeed know Christ then I suggest that you spend a few more years thoughtfully reading the texts you quote. These same texts have been discussed and quoted many times in the context of the escatological discussions and some of the saints are just grown weary in repeating themselves for the sake of professors of strange doctrine. I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be a witness to at least the beginning of travail (as it has already begun) and your arguments will be proven or disproven for many to see. If you are determined to prove your points in this discussion, then good luck, but be aware that you are being held accountable to every word that comes out of your mouth (or committed to text) and not by me, but by Him who is judge over all.