For What Do You Believe in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wendy Harris

May 21, 2018
Daegu
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
我相信主已有这么多年了。然而,当有人问我“为了什么目的你相信上帝?”一时间,我不知道该怎么回答。关于这个问题,我曾问主我的兄弟姐妹们。他们给了我各种答案。有人说:“相信上帝就是成为一个好人,并以一个真正的人的身份生活”; 有人说:“接受神的保护和肉体的平安,避免灾难”; 有人说:“我对上帝的信仰只是为了得救。而且,在今后的年龄和永恒的生活中,我可以获得百倍的回报。上帝的祝福无数“。有些人说:“为了我的病得到治疗”; 有人说:“为了获得暂时的安慰”; 有人说:“为了一个好的目的地和一个永恒的生命。”......总而言之,我们每个人都有自己对上帝信仰的观点。然后,这样的观点是否符合主的旨意?我们的追求观是否正确?
grass.jpg

Wendy Harris

May 21, 2018
Daegu
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Holding this question in my thoughts, I studied the Scriptures. I saw the Lord Jesus’ words, “Therefore I say to you, Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor yet for your body, what you shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” (Matthew 6:25). “But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33). From these words, I learned that in the belief in God, we first need to seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness. We should not pursue things for the flesh such as food, clothing, and enjoyment, for that belongs to what unbelievers pursue. As believers in the Lord, we ought to pursue ways to gain the truth and life, to get rid of sins and receive God’s salvation, and to live out the real life of obeying and worshiping God. As for me, I had the same viewpoint of believing in God as most people, just taking thought for my flesh. Our belief in God is for our soul to be saved and our flesh to have peace. When we are ill, we ask God to heal us; when we are weak, we ask God to support us; when we are in lack, we ask God to supply us; when we are in pain, we ask God to comfort us. What’s more, we hope that after death, we can enter into heaven and avoid the suffering of hell. … We believe in God just for the purpose of getting grace and blessings from Him.

Wendy Harris

May 21, 2018
Daegu
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
One day, I saw God’s word in a book of truth: “Though many people believe in God, few understand what faith in God means, and what they must do to be after God’s heart. This is because, though people are familiar with the word ‘God’ and phrases such as ‘the work of God,’ they do not know God, much less do they know His work. No wonder, then, that all those who do not know God are possessed of a muddled belief. People do not take belief in God seriously because believing in God is too unfamiliar, too strange for them. In this way, they fall short of the demands of God. In other words, if people do not know God, do not know His work, then they are not fit for God’s use, much less can they fulfill the desire of God. ‘Belief in God’ means believing that there is a God; this is the simplest concept of faith in God. What’s more, believing that there is a God is not the same as truly believing in God; rather, it is a kind of simple faith with strong religious overtones. True faith in God means experiencing the words and work of God based on a belief that God holds sovereignty over all things. So you shall be freed of your corrupt disposition, shall fulfill the desire of God, and shall come to know God. Only through such a journey can you be said to believe in God.” These words suddenly enlightened me. The exact definition of faith in God is made clear here. Comparing our former viewpoints of belief in God we had held on to with these words in the book, I found that we were muddled in our faith. It reminded me of Job recorded in the Bible. In his life, he sought to understand the fact that God is the almighty Ruler in the laws of all things, followed the way of fearing God and shunning evil, and enjoyed an abundance of material blessings bestowed by God. Afterward, a trial came upon him. He didn’t forsake God though he lost his property and his children. Instead, in such a trial, he said these words, “the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD” (Job 1:21). He stood firm in his testimony, gained God’s approval, and received double blessings from God. On the contrary, his wife rejected God because calamities had befallen her. Job called her a foolish woman. Here we can see two different beliefs in God.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WELL! Aren't you a wonderful addition to this forum.
I could not have said it better.
In counseling my troubled Christian friends...I pose to them...
For 2 weeks, seek the Kingdom of heaven first...do one thing that Jesus said to do...
then come back to me and tell about your exp.....then, I say ."OK, one week."

They, never do it.
Jesus' yoke is so easy and his burden so light...just do 5 things he
said to do...as in, the quotes above you placed for us.
Blessings to you, Wendy. xo

Reactions: Wendy Harris

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wendy,
We have the website address already, but it would be nice to just hear some conversation from you also.

Wendy Harris

May 21, 2018
Daegu
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
WELL! Aren't you a wonderful addition to this forum.
I could not have said it better.
In counseling my troubled Christian friends...I pose to them...
For 2 weeks, seek the Kingdom of heaven first...do one thing that Jesus said to do...
then come back to me and tell about your exp.....then, I say ."OK, one week."

They, never do it.
Jesus' yoke is so easy and his burden so light...just do 5 things he
said to do...as in, the quotes above you placed for us.
Blessings to you, Wendy. xo
Amen and Amen, I'm so happy to hear that you like my post, Thank God's leader. Hope we can share God's word more and more, we can pray to God. may God lead us and guide us to understand God's will.