Forgiveness we may not KNOW about yet!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am 100% sure that the Lord has forgiven me of things i have forgotten or never thought of as sin.

To know this gives us even greater confidence of His Love for us.

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my rebellious acts; remember me according to Your loving devotion, because of Your goodness, O LORD.
Psalm 25:7

Reactions: quietthinker

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 16933
Berean Searchlight Sep 2021 contains:

Forgiveness Dispensationally Considered Page 20

Forgiveness Questions Page 21

Forgiveness suggestions to help Page 25

Precious friends, please be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified!
God's Simple Will!
The limited understanding of forgiveness prevalent in Christian circles is reinforced by poor theology. By ‘poor theology’ I mean several things, one of which is the need to make a mountain out of a mole hill and visa versa.

All the yada yada ensures a virtually impenetrable smoke screen so forgiveness has the impact of a straw hammering in a nail. The word is bandied around but limp as a wet dish cloth.

Poor theologies defended tooth and nail are akin to Jesus statement, ‘you search the scriptures because in them you think you have eternal life yet they are they which testify of me yet you will not come to me to have life’