Found In Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:9,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

To be found in Christ sounds like something is lost and has to be found. But quite the opposite with Paul, he has made all these other statements and now he is saying he wants to know he is in Christ, and more than that he wants others to know he is in Christ.

You can know something and still not be able to live it, You can have the understanding of something and still not be able to live it. Paul wanted to live what he knew. For some reason we think more highly of the Apostles than we should. There is a respect that they were used to write scripture and that we pay due repect, but they were just human beings as everyone else. When the Apostle Paul said to follow him as he was following the Lord, that held great responsibility, though I wonder sometimes if we heed his word to us.

To be found in Christ is to have the deep understanding of God that your in Christ. No better place to be, only two places you can be! In Adam still or in Christ.

All spiritual growth is in soul-mind, you don't grow in spirit, your spirit is complete in Christ, Philippians 2:10. The deep spiritual understanding of being in Christ is a revealing, an understanding, taught only by the HolySpirit. That means you will not get it from your Wednesday night bible study, you can discuss it but until the HolySpirit reveals to you Christ, you do not get it. No man can give it, not me not you, it must be revealed. I love a good book but I promise you it will not come from any book or writing of man (other than the written word). You can save alot of money by staying the coarse on the best book ever written.

Can you see where Paul is coming from in all his writings. He is deeper in some of the epistles than others, but the fact is he is speaking on a level only the HolySpirit can reveal.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The difficulty here, as in all your posts is that you are not making a distinction between a mind condition based on brainwashing or indoctrination...and an actual knowledge of God. After all people are brainwashed constantly and on a subject where the person desperately wants to believe the story line...well how can this be absent?

The gospel is based on power...not just words and ideas.

It is a lot easier to "make-believe" things about God than to seek His face for an actual encounter with God.

So you would expect a high percentage of posts about the former and very few about the latter. So unless a person is seeing himself as a psychologist or a philosopher rather than a witness of the risen Lord....why try to explain things without testimony to the power of God?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Seems that those who teach "getting their own righteousness" hate this message!

But it's by grace, so that it can be given through faith, that the gift be available to all.

Much love!