Freedom from Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's pretty bizarre...taking what is meant for your wholeness, soundness of mind and joy...and using it to...create a stage set with nothing of substance behind it. It looks like a thriving town but behind it is sawdust and cans of paint...

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's pretty bizarre...taking what is meant for your wholeness, soundness of mind and joy...and using it to...create a stage set with nothing of substance behind it. It looks like a thriving town but behind it is sawdust and cans of paint...

A facade! I see this as the outer man stealing the grace and benefits that are meant for the inner man. Like the big gorilla stealing the food meant for the smaller monkeys!

That's why we need the cross to do it's work on the outer man first before we can start looking at what kind of salvation is available to us.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a woman (a nonbeliever), who has a pet phrase: oh, I don't get angry - life is too short!

It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, because she most certainly does get angry, but she hides it and gets even in sneaky P/A ways.

I can sometimes get her to see that she is, in fact, angry, but mostly, she is so attached to her stage set that she becomes furious if I try to peek behind it and make her be truthful. In fact, if I do this, another of her pet phrases comes out : that's YOUR truth, it not MY truth.

I expect to see all of these behaviors and obfuscations in an unbeliever. But it shocks me to see them in a believer.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know a woman (a nonbeliever), who has a pet phrase: oh, I don't get angry - life is too short!

It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, because she most certainly does get angry, but she hides it and gets even in sneaky P/A ways.

I can sometimes get her to see that she is, in fact, angry, but mostly, she is so attached to her stage set that she becomes furious if I try to peek behind it and make her be truthful. In fact, if I do this, another of her pet phrases comes out : that's YOUR truth, it not MY truth.

I expect to see all of these behaviors and obfuscations in an unbeliever. But it shocks me to see them in a believer.

How to convert believers into the faith. But most people wouldn't want to be converted...they want more privileges...not less of them.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...right, you said believers, not unbelievers. You Did mean to say it as you did, right? how to convert believers into the faith? By sort of...getting them to see where they are lying?
But I am doing this with an unbeliever...maybe wasting my time, I don't know. But she does and says the same things as believers.