Friendly Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a wonderful testimony of the power of God in you life, and you arrived 'unscathed.'

I just had a new Goodman A/C system installed in our home...Not inexpensive anymore...

It did take a lot of wind out of my sails but if you seen the pictures of the wrecked truck it's obvious, whoa you know someone died in tht wreck! I've never heard of someone who broke their back and could still walk before. But I'm doing it, just slower, lol

Goodman makes Good equipment. It used to be considered Builders model stuff and was cheap. And it was solid dependable equipment. I've installed a lot of Goodman equipment.

They are still a cheaper brand of equipment dollarwise because all the big names have gone ridiculous in pricing.

If Someone is considering getting a new furnace or A/C unit, my best advice is...Do not buy Lennox equipment. Armstrong equipment is good, Trane is good. Carrier is good equipment if you can afford it. But I dont advise buying Carrier's line of budget equipmen that Has the trade name of "Payne". Payne's are junk, but Carrier is solid. Carrier equipment is used exclusively by the US Government is as I understand it, even in the fighter jets and stuff.

Reactions: APAK and Azim

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m proud to say,I’ve had my hand down many a toilet...oh to be “ Humble”. xx

Short commentary.

If there is one attribute of Jesus Christ that He epitomized and which we are to aspire to it is humility. There is no way that any person can or will be able to enter the kingdom of God unless they are humble. Not a presence of humility, but humble through and through to the very core of their being.

Me too, me too. I've even said before, I must build up my treasures in heaven because I dont want to be the plumber again! Lol.

I really dont think there is plumbing in heaven, or waste more speciffically. But still, not to hold the least in the Kingdom of Heaven station in life that I will have there.

Reactions: Azim

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It did take a lot of wind out of my sails but if you seen the pictures of the wrecked truck it's obvious, whoa you know someone died in tht wreck! I've never heard of someone who broke their back and could still walk before. But I'm doing it, just slower, lol

Goodman makes Good equipment. It used to be considered Builders model stuff and was cheap. And it was solid dependable equipment. I've installed a lot of Goodman equipment.

They are still a cheaper brand of equipment dollarwise because all the big names have gone ridiculous in pricing.

If Someone is considering getting a new furnace or A/C unit, my best advice is...Do not buy Lennox equipment. Armstrong equipment is good, Trane is good. Carrier is good equipment if you can afford it. But I dont advise buying Carrier's line of budget equipmen that Has the trade name of "Payne". Payne's are junk, but Carrier is solid. Carrier equipment is used exclusively by the US Government is as I understand it, even in the fighter jets and stuff.

My father was in a accident, when he was a courier, back in 2007. He was driving along a street, and something caught his mind. He lost control of his truck, and it went into small apartment, crashing into it. The truck got lodged between two trees some how, between the front and the rear. My father recalled as if someone pulled him out. But no one was there. He came out of it unscathed, but the accident hurt his pride, as it was quite serious, and even a news reporter showed up to report it, which affected the company he worked for. I was heading to work, when his manager called and told me. When I arrived on the scene, I never saw my father soo broken.

Fast forward to last November, my father got baptized at the church he goes to with my mom. His journey in faith has been long, mostly do to fear of his muslim family, and what they would think. But there has been such a change in him, since I've known him as a child. He had a very bad anger problem, and would be abusive. Now, the Lord keeps him at peace. I catch him at times humming or singing christian songs.

To add, back to the accident, and how this was God's plan. The apartment my dad's truck drove into, belonged to a man he knew, who accepted deliveries for one of the businesses he delivered too.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just had a new Goodman A/C system installed in our home...Not inexpensive anymore...

When I left the last time from Colorado, we was doing Goodman A/C's for around $2500 to 3K. That was 2016 for a complete unit up to 3 tons. If you dont mind me asking, how big is your unit and what did you pay now for it? (I'm curious and have been out of that loop for a while now, lol)

Fast forward to last November, my father got baptized at the church he goes to with my mom. His journey in faith has been long, mostly do to fear of his muslim family, and what they would think. But there has been such a change in him, since I've known him as a child. He had a very bad anger problem, and would be abusive. Now, the Lord keeps him at peace. I catch him at times humming or singing christian songs.

I've never had an anger problem but this still rings loud to me, lol! That is probably what the Lord has done for me most here is to put me at rest. At peace. I still have tribulations and stuff, and I am technically in poverty now, but I am content because I know that God has my back.

I sit in poverty, but at the same time grow rich in the word of God.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey where's the bible study? Lol. No one even misses it yet because Testimonies are very cool. I like reading or watching other people's testimonies more than I like typing my own!

The funny thing I have seen about testimonies (to myself), is that I can write up my testimony one day about whatever, and 6 months later I read it again and it then inspires me to see more of the lessons that come along with the testimony. I see different things over time and learn more myself about...the goodness of God!

Praise the Lord, Indeed. (Praise the Lord, in deed?) Hmm. :)

hey go do a good deed for a neighbor today. Go take out the old lady neighbor's trash for her to the curb or mow her grass. That's paying it forward.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well we are in different time zones, so many of you may start the study before those of us in the U.K.
So I am going to sign off as I am quite tired.

Reactions: Ritajanice

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so here is another good testimony of mine that the Lord did for me. It was a test I see in retrospect, and I passed it by the grace of God! SO I felt extra good. Now uh, managing money isn't really very hard to do if one makes wise decisions. It's called budgeting, and there are some things that are allowed in a budget and some things are not allowed, lol. The ability to make wise decisions with money takes good judgment, and practice. Then you get experience in budgeting money. So good judgment xomes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment. (Lol!) But now that I am officially retired disabled, I survive on an extremely tight budget. But it's easier than running a Mechanical Contracting business for sure because I have so much come in once a month, and it takes so much overhead to run the house (Utilities, Food, Taxes and all that).

I thought being retired would be fun but it's not. It's like being on welfare financially. (Didnt I say I was divorced, lol). But I digress. The thing is, some months I can order out for food at least once. Other months, no way. But there are many things that I simply can not afford any more. So whenever I do come across some extra money somehow, from a gift or a side job or whatever, that is when I splurge and try to buy something (useful) that I normally could not afford. So I had a nice wind fall from those Stimulas checks that came out. My household budget was cover by my SS check so it's time to pretend living the dream again Lol! (I went through soo much money when I was in bussiness!)

So it was the biggest check from stimulas and it cleared my bank one morning and so today is the day to buy a toy. I started out flush in the morning and was gone all day spending money. I didnt come home until I was literally broke (budget money notwithstanding. A guy has to eat). And when I got home broke, I walked in the door and took my shoes off and put some things away and so forth, made some coffee and went downstairs to finish the laundry... and stepped into the laundry room to have warm wet feet suddenly. My Water Heater was leaking at the tank. I couldnt hear it, but that's what I do and it had a hot spot so I knew it was indeed leaking and would need to be replaced. And then it hit me...

I had the money to buy a new water heater this morning, and I dont now because I just spent it! Now what am I going to do?! I dont have the money to buy a water heater. I might have to wait a month before I can buy one, another payday.

And then what do people usually do? Try to bame God? I was thinking, the Lord knew this was going to happen and He didnt let me know before I spent all my money! (I know, I know. sounds embarassing) and I did thank God that He gave me the urge to do all the laundry before it went out (for a month?) so that was good. I was all freshly showered up that day too so that aint too bad. I can live a month with running hot water. But I thought, why didnt God tell me? I felt like this was something the Lord should have said something to me about! We have a good relationship I think. But as I stood there in my wet stocking feet, I saw the futility of the situation and realized that so at the worst I am going to be without hot water for a month. And so I actually laughed at the situation and I said out loud, Lord, I don't know what you're doing, but...I trust you. And I shut of the feed to it and forgot about it. (which is code talk for took down the model & serial so I could buy the replacement unit exactly so I would need minimal materials to install the new one. In the trade we call that a slip fit. Many of them the only thing to use new is two couplings to reattach the water lines to it. I have a torch and coper pipe and all that stuff and needed to keep the cost at a minumum. It is a Rheem 40 gal gas water heater. So the next morning I called up the local Rheem supply house and asked about a new unit. I had to know just how much money I would be looking at to come up. I wanted the same unit so I gave him the model number and he asked for the serial number too. But I know how to read serial numbers and this one was 5 years old. Just out of warranty. (Figures)

And he says yeah we have that unit and it is under warranty! I said but it's 5 years old? He said 5 1/2 actually but Rheem has a 6 year warranty on their units. And I suddenly understood what was going on with the Lord! Praise the Lord! I think He just wanted to test my reaction and I had chosen wisely and had the best reaction I think!

The thing is though, I was in Business and the trade for a long time and I did know that Rheem had a 6 year warranty because I used that as a selling point to Customers...But nevertheless, when I saw my WH leaking and the serial number, I had 5 years in my head. I did not remember the 6 yr warranty. I mean, all the other compaines that manufacture new water heaters for the industry (There's only about 7 companies making ALL the different brands of water heaters, just with different labels!) and Rheem is the only company which offers a 6 year warranty with their standard model units. Rheem is proud of their equipment (and rightly so!) So I figure the Lord restrained my memory from remembering that it had a 6 year warranty, lol. Just for the test.

I love to pass tests. I like to test at anything. Pass or fail, you get the score and can see where youre at at least. I go to website called Queendom.com and they have about a zillion different types of tests there. But passing a test from the Lord is very satisfying to me.

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Friends, I am blown away by the responses - The amazing thing is that I had a request from a Pastor in Africa to start a bible study - felt I should test the water - checked it out with the Mod's - and here we have a beautiful group of folks touched by Jesus's Love and open to His Word. Amazing. I even felt the 'impostors syndrome' - the voice that says 'what do you have to offer' but He is doing it and here we are.

The fact that the thread is generally visible may very well be a blessing in disguise.

Here is a little known scripture...

From the Song of Deborah...

"But your friends be like the sun as he rises in his might..."

Judges 5:31

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I even felt the 'impostors syndrome' - the voice that says 'what do you have to offer' but He is doing it and here we are.

I know exactly what you're talking about because I have felt that before. I tell my carnal/flesh self to shut up sometimes, and then share something more with people.

I have seen supernatural things happen right before me and my eyes and I know some truths because of eye witness...and my carnal mind will still argue with me! And he was there and saw it all too!

I say, you just shut up or I'll fast unto the Lord my God and make you go hungry boy! (To my carnal self).

So the scripture is true then!

1 Corinthians 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.../KJV

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends, I am blown away by the responses - The amazing thing is that I had a request from a Pastor in Africa to start a bible study - felt I should test the water - checked it out with the Mod's - and here we have a beautiful group of folks touched by Jesus's Love and open to His Word. Amazing. I even felt the 'impostors syndrome' - the voice that says 'what do you have to offer' but He is doing it and here we are.

The fact that the thread is generally visible may very well be a blessing in disguise.

Here is a little known scripture...

From the Song of Deborah...

"But your friends be like the sun as he rises in his might..."

Judges 5:31
Blessings in Christ Jesus Carl. And from John15 v 12-15 about friends.
"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go a bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask The Father in My Name, He may give it to you. This I command you, to love one another."

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey... I look down at the Similar threads, below this post, and see the words 'Better Together'

Sure is true - build relationships with Love and respect and then consider matters of Truth.

A common thread through the testimonies is that coming to the end of one's self is right where He shows up.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Another aspect of testimony that others have touched on is that we can be dumbed down when sharing for fear of ridicule. Also we hesitate to share because our encounters with Him will be interpreted as putting ourselves on a platform. I say do it anyway. People need to hear that He is Emmanuel - God with US.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I left the last time from Colorado, we was doing Goodman A/C's for around $2500 to 3K. That was 2016 for a complete unit up to 3 tons. If you dont mind me asking, how big is your unit and what did you pay now for it? (I'm curious and have been out of that loop for a while now, lol)

I've never had an anger problem but this still rings loud to me, lol! That is probably what the Lord has done for me most here is to put me at rest. At peace. I still have tribulations and stuff, and I am technically in poverty now, but I am content because I know that God has my back.

I sit in poverty, but at the same time grow rich in the word of God.
My new Goodman unit is a 3 ton outside condensing unit, 2-stage fan setting 65% and 100%, with a registered match of a 3.5 ton variable blower air handler all around $9.5k, It is a 17.2 SEER

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My new Goodman unit is a 3 ton outside condensing unit, 2-stage fan setting 65% and 100%, with a registered match of a 3.5 ton variable blower air handler all around $9.5k, It is a 17.2 SEER

Those are good units. Their equipment didnt go up THAT much though. I bet I could have did it for $5K and made money with prolly 3 grand for wholesale for the equipment.

I used to try to make $1000 on a furnace install and 1500 for an A/C.
I bet his wife gets a new car this year at those prices!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus Carl. And from John15 v 12-15 about friends.
"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go a bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask The Father in My Name, He may give it to you. This I command you, to love one another."

This is exactly what the Lord has been teaching me for the past few years. To love my neighbor as myself. Love my ene,ies, bless them and all that. I was pondering these things and wondering if I should wash my enemy's feet for them? Now honestly, I dont think I have that in me, or not yet. But in my musings, I prayed to God to teach me how to love others the same way that He loves me...

I'm still not quite sure if that was a blunder or not, because within two days I had the most obnoxious man in the neighborhood in my house. It was an accident I think. There I am trying to learn to love completely and properly love my neighbor, and I accidently befriended this guy. I didnt know he was the neighbrohood terror! Lol. But I was patient with Him and I did talk to him a lot about the Lord because we should and he did need the Lord. The moral of this story is, dont pray for it unless you really really want it! Because you might just get it!

It was like the Lord said, Ok Ed, practice loving your neighbor on this guy. And I dont think I passed that test. Geez, that guy was very annoying. He dropped out of sight for a little while and then I heard that he had a stroke and is now parylyzed and blind in a nursing home somewhere. But his mom wont tell me where cuz she dont like the white boy.

But that was weird. He was there fast and gone fast. At least I helped him some if not enough. I dunno if he ever did ask the Lord to be his Lord? He hadnt yet the last time I seen him.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is exactly what the Lord has been teaching me for the past few years. To love my neighbor as myself. Love my ene,ies, bless them and all that. I was pondering these things and wondering if I should wash my enemy's feet for them? Now honestly, I dont think I have that in me, or not yet. But in my musings, I prayed to God to teach me how to love others the same way that He loves me...

I'm still not quite sure if that was a blunder or not, because within two days I had the most obnoxious man in the neighborhood in my house. It was an accident I think. There I am trying to learn to love completely and properly love my neighbor, and I accidently befriended this guy. I didnt know he was the neighbrohood terror! Lol. But I was patient with Him and I did talk to him a lot about the Lord because we should and he did need the Lord. The moral of this story is, dont pray for it unless you really really want it! Because you might just get it!

It was like the Lord said, Ok Ed, practice loving your neighbor on this guy. And I dont think I passed that test. Geez, that guy was very annoying. He dropped out of sight for a little while and then I heard that he had a stroke and is now parylyzed and blind in a nursing home somewhere. But his mom wont tell me where cuz she dont like the white boy.

But that was weird. He was there fast and gone fast. At least I helped him some if not enough. I dunno if he ever did ask the Lord to be his Lord? He hadnt yet the last time I seen him.
Blessings in Christ Jesus Ma2444! What The Lord does not tell us in These words, that I was led to write, It ends up being Him in us that loves. As we decrease He increases in us. And so it is for all things He ask of us. My names is Rich for all who did not know. My testimony started on a lake fishing on May 11th 1996. There actually was two of us but one did not make through a training that people would not believe, and yet it would be true. So I really do not focus on my testimony as I know that I am nothing and He is all. I do bring testimonies of what The Lord does daily in my life when the occasion arises. Yesterday it was a dog healing while at the vet's. Of all places. As I was standing in line to pay for pills for my dogs allergies I saw a woman that I used to work with. As I approached her we started to talk and I looked down and started to pet her dog. I then told her her dog had a problem with it's hips. I put my hand on the problem area. After that she went to the other side of the counter to pay for her dog as I was paying for the pills for mine. I heard the conversation she had with the receptionist. She said the first shot did nothing for her dogs hip. She was now paying for a second shot. When I was done paying for my pills I started to walk around the counter to talk to her again. I did not plan to do this, it just happened. I then saw 10 dollars on the floor and I picked it up and asked her if she dropped it. She told me she was looking for that ten dollars. I then asked her if she minded if I helped her dog. After she replied, I leaned down and placed both hand on both the dogs hips and played a prayer of faith. I then got up and looked her in the eyes and said, God is good all the time. I also noticed when I got up that I was in The Spirit. I then left quickly from the vet's. That dog will be fine.

Reactions: MA2444

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are good units. Their equipment didnt go up THAT much though. I bet I could have did it for $5K and made money with prolly 3 grand for wholesale for the equipment.

I used to try to make $1000 on a furnace install and 1500 for an A/C.
I bet his wife gets a new car this year at those prices!
I checked on the wholesale price of both major subsystems and it was about $6.5k. And they laid out another concrete pad and routed new copper in through the attic down to the outside unit. So I don't know if $5k would have been a price where you ight make any money. This place is not a Mom and Pop outfit either. They have the most competitive prices in the area. Of course we are in Florida.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
OK - I have settled on the first theme I would like to share with you.

I want to answer the question - What is the Word of God ? (also known as the "Word of the Lord")

The reason for doing this is that the answer fundamentally guides us in how we approach Scripture.

Background reading will be as follows.

Genesis 1:1 to 2:4
Genesis 15:1
1 Samuel 3:1
Psalm 33
John 1
Hebrews 11:3
Peter 3:5

Further I would like to conclude that the 'Word of God' referenced in Acts was the utterance given to believers to share the truth of Jesus and make the Gospel known.

See Acts
6:7
11:1
12:24

Go for it... and I will do a Youtube video on the subject as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTW27 and Rita

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The word of God, is His Living word, it’s very much Alive and Active, His word is His Living Spirit,..that accomplishes His will.that’s how I knew I was Born Again...by His Living Holy Spirit, who is God’s witness.

Gods Living word penetrates our heart, takes up residence in our spirit, “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “.

Hebrews 4:12​

New International Version​

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Was I meant to question you on it,Carl?

I’ve just voiced my opinion and belief on what God’s word means...hope that’s ok.?