Friendly Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How heartfelt and sincere in your words Rita.

Rita, I can relate to this form of song/heartfelt words of spiritual communication between the Spirit of God within me and my own. It is real, as it is too much of a coincidence in my life.

One example I want to share just now with you. Whilst taking a critical operations examination to maintain my certification for operating and controlling the launch of a set of nuclear missiles, via a simulator, I felt I was blowing it. And at the end I made a 2 major errors, I believe no critical ones however. I was very upset with myself, it was such a humbling emotionally drawn-out experience within me.

When I wandered aimlessly outside still thinking about the exam, I managed to go and get into my car to go home; and then I switched on the radio. And low and behold, and being is such a weak and humble state, I heard a Bobby McFerrin's song......don't worry be happy.

Now this song comes to my mind when I get a little down indeed and always I get a real sense of peace. It worked for me then and for me today... I get happy again! And it is meant for me

Just so you know, your personal past experience was far greater than mine, in my example, although I came close to it in one year...it churns and churns the stomach to no end. It completely does a number on your heart and mind...my heart goes out to you for it.
That’s so encouraging Apak, thanks for sharing - I don’t know about you but others have often questioned that God speaks through secular things, and they have disbelieved me and down played my testimony. Many years ago that use to really get to me and drag me down, but no longer - My testimony, like yours , is valuable and personal to each of us - and I won’t allow anyone else to devalue it - it’s kind of their loss because it means they limit how and when God can speak to us.
I have adapted to ‘ suicide attempts ‘ now my daughter was the most recent ( this time last year ) and she nearly succeeded - I prayed life over her and she has had quite a journey. I am grateful to the Lord that the three of my children that have had this in their lives are all still alive.
Sarah is a back slidden Christian - but God knows her by name - I claimed that as well xx

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Azim and Ritajanice

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s so encouraging Apak, that’s for sharing - I don’t know about you but others have often questioned that God speaks through secular things, and they have disbelieved me and down played my testimony. Many years ago that use to really get to me and drag me down, but no longer - My testimony, like yours , is valuable and personal to each of us - and I won’t allow anyone else to devalue it - it’s kind of their loss because it means they limit how and when God can speak to us.
I have adapted to ‘ suicide attempts ‘ now my daughter was the most recent ( this time last year ) and she nearly succeeded - I prayed life over her and she has had quite a journey. I am grateful to the Lord that the three of my children that have had this in their lives are all still alive.
Sarah is a back slidden Christian - but God knows her by name - I claimed that as well xx
Such a gentle and loving heart you are Rita. May God keep blessing you, every day as I know he will..amen

You are blessed and rejoice in Christ to the Lord...we are in the same, in the same Spirit and in Christ, halleluiah!

Yes, those who diminish God's capability to use the secular world and people in it to serve his purpose, they need to read more scripture and if the Spirit is not present, get it while it is available. It's free to a genuine open heart...

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice and Rita

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's one example of God influencing my thoughts; speaking to me to go in a 'different direction' for my own benefit/well-being this time.

And it was only too real very soon afterwards.

I went to work one early morning, living in Northern Alabama. I got up later than normal. Not like me. And it was still a little dark outside.

I worked with/in a US DoD company. And as for some trivia, it was part of the original skunk type works of Britain, of the Q engineers, yes, the same ones depicted in the Bond movies, of the MI6 variety. It was the North American version, and never the twain shall meet, the N.A. and British Chapters could never meet that would give the clear perception, at least of common conspiracy. A loss of control etc. It was a clear conflict of security interests where contact was strictly prohibited across the pond.

So as I was driving, on the same route as normal and a little later, I noticed many tree branches and other household debri flying around and leaves and twigs dancing and racing around all around me. I though nothing of it as I was still a little sleepy, and did my normal business at work.

I normally leave work at a set time in the afternoons. I also caught wind, no pun intended, that there were a series of violent storms brewing in the vicinity, and even of some tornadoes passing south of my location.

So before I was ready to leave for home that day, I noticed a black/purple 'low-level' high blanket wide dark mass of clouds about 5-10 miles out. I was up several stories in the building and with large windows. I literally could see for miles as the song says.

So I though nothing of it really as we have had storms before etc. Common at that time of the year.

So I shut down my area of work and got my personal belongings together and was walking out of that floor. After only taking a few steps I was stopped, abruptly in my tracks.

Suddenly, an influence/force or intelligence was in my head and spoke peacefully as though they were actual words. These were not in any human language. It was like word picture or images that were placed into my mind to compel me to reconsider the situation outside. That compelled me to go now and check the window again, and to convince myself to wait for at least 20 minutes before attempting to go home. Over and after this entire time I thought I had made this decision alone, and I know it was not the case at all.

So after about 30 secs after making 'my' decision, I called my wife and told her I will hang here for another half an hour....

So I left and went home on the same return route. I was stunned to see trees uprooted and many homes demolished and roofs off. I could see where a large tornado made its way across my road, as a wide flattened swath from the West to the East as I was going North at the time. If I was on this same road at this location about 20-30 minute earlier I might have been caught up in this Cat 4 + twister I found out later....Oh my God I thought..it was the 'words' of God that saved me I thought and believe.

And come to find out later, that morning, on my way to work, a smaller twister passed across my path, literally only minute before.

So twice there were opportunities to end my life and I believe God spared me for his purpose.

God does communicate with me, my wife and many others all the time. I do have many more examples...some for prayer, so for safety, some for patience, some for humility, and some for praise and thanksgiving....and the list goes on.

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite and Rita

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God has spoken to me in various ways. Through dreams, studying and meditating on His word, in prayer, and even listening to secular music or watching movies or tv shows.

The last time He spoke something to me was two week ago. I was getting ready to write a devotional on how suffering leads us to pray to God. It was for the Prayer and Fellowship night on Friday, at my church that week. I was going to lead for the first time, as the interim pastor retired. Before I started writing, I knew God had to be behind me on this. I couldn't just go about writing anything based on scriptures I had found. I needed it to be His words. As I prayed, and was about end my prayer, I heard a small still voice, "guidance". That is what I was seeking from God. So I added that to my prayer, that God would guide me in writing this small devotional. At the Friday night prayer event, it ended up being half the usual amount of people. I made sure we focused on praying for important items our church was neglecting at most of the previous prayer nights. Even with a small group, as I've thought back, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit that night, compared to the previous prayer nights I attended. I've also been thinking of God's guidance in my life, as He is opening doors for leading in certain areas of our church, while we wait for Him to reveal His next chosen senior pastor.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Rita, I can relate to this form of song/heartfelt words of spiritual communication between the Spirit of God within me and my own. It is real, as it is too much of a coincidence in my life.

One example I want to share just now with you. Whilst taking a critical operations examination to maintain my certification for operating and controlling the launch of a set of nuclear missiles, via a simulator, I felt I was blowing it. And at the end I made a 2 major errors, I believe no critical ones however. I was very upset with myself, it was such a humbling emotionally drawn-out experience within me.

When I wandered aimlessly outside still thinking about the exam, I managed to go and get into my car to go home; and then I switched on the radio. And low and behold, and being is such a weak and humble state, I heard a Bobby McFerrin's song......don't worry be happy.

Now this song comes to my mind when I get a little down indeed and always I get a real sense of peace. It worked for me then and for me today... I get happy again! And it is meant for me

Just so you know, your personal past experience was far greater than mine, in my example, although I came close to it in one year...it churns and churns the stomach to no end. It completely does a number on your heart and mind...my heart goes out to you for it.
Whatever our personal experience of God is, it is always wonderful even if we do compare it another person's experience. Our relationship with God is unique.

Reactions: Rita and Azim

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread of sharing our experiences reminded me of a time I was in the Sunday meeting. It was near the end and we were singing the last song. But during that song the Holy Spirit gave me a picture/vision in my mind of a door opening into a dark room and casting a beam of bright light into the darkness.

My legs wobbled as nothing like that had happened to me before and I knew I had to share. So whilst we were all still singing I went to the front and spoke to one of the leaders, telling what I had 'seen'. He was very kind but sent me back to my seat because we were almost finished.

Any way the song finished and there was bit of a conflab between the leaders and I was called back to the front. On even wobblier legs I went forward and shared what God had given me with the church and that the door would only be open for a short time and would then close again, almost immediately a young man I didn't know came to the front in tears. He was ministered to for quite a long time and gave his life to Jesus there and then.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rita, Azim and APAK

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God has spoken to me in various ways. Through dreams, studying and meditating on His word, in prayer, and even listening to secular music or watching movies or tv shows.

The last time He spoke something to me was two week ago. I was getting ready to write a devotional on how suffering leads us to pray to God. It was for the Prayer and Fellowship night on Friday, at my church that week. I was going to lead for the first time, as the interim pastor retired. Before I started writing, I knew God had to be behind me on this. I couldn't just go about writing anything based on scriptures I had found. I needed it to be His words. As I prayed, and was about end my prayer, I heard a small still voice, "guidance". That is what I was seeking from God. So I added that to my prayer, that God would guide me in writing this small devotional. At the Friday night prayer event, it ended up being half the usual amount of people. I made sure we focused on praying for important items our church was neglecting at most of the previous prayer nights. Even with a small group, as I've thought back, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit that night, compared to the previous prayer nights I attended. I've also been thinking of God's guidance in my life, as He is opening doors for leading in certain areas of our church, while we wait for Him to reveal His next chosen senior pastor.
Brilliant. I just wish everybody that has that calling to minister in a church setting - or anywhere else really - understood that they need the power of the Holy Spirit if the message is to get through properly. We all need His guidance.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Suddenly, an influence/force or intelligence was in my head and spoke peacefully as though they were actual words. These were not in any human language. It was like word picture or images that were placed into my mind
Sometimes I feel that God speaks directly into my spirit. Always quiet - the still small voice. If it is in a voice that is harsh and condemnatory I know it isn't from God.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread of sharing our experiences reminded me of a time I was in the Sunday meeting. It was near the end and we were singing the last song. But during that song the Holy Spirit gave me a picture/vision in my mind of a door opening into a dark room and casting a beam of bright light into the darkness.

My legs wobbled as nothing like that had happened to me before and I knew I had to share. So whilst we were all still singing I went to the front and spoke to one of the leaders, telling what I had 'seen'. He was very kind but sent me back to my seat because we were almost finished.

Any way the song finished and there was bit of a conflab between the leaders and I was called back to the front. On even wobblier legs I went forward and shared what God had given me with the church and almost immediately a young man I didn't know came to the front in tears. He was ministered to for quite a long time and gave his life to Jesus there and then.
Pearl, you were singled out to be at that time, the instrument of God for changing this young man's life, for the glory of God. How beautiful a moment in his and your life.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Beautiful testimony and a great example of your sensitivity to hear and know/see the Spirit of his work in you, in Christ

Reactions: Pearl

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes Brandon, although the rudimentary basis of these cruel and corrupt policies by the CC is based of their heart condition and attitude towards God. They still defy God by their religious vain pompous pride. The pope as emperor, lacks clothing. All works of any kind are sourced from the heart.

History does support your views indeed on this matter.

I think today though, the CC is more cautious in still pursuing these policies with even an ounce/gram for you guys, of vigor...it is bad politics these days. And we may differ here, as I think the CC and their past infamous acts of their religion, is on the ropes and falling for good.

Guys, this dialogue is prob's best left at that - if you don't mind - if we can focus on the matter at hand. :)

Reactions: Pearl and APAK

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Just woken up and catching up on the thread - great testimonies thanks - it will be interesting to see how we can together draw on Scripture to encourage others to enjoy this dimension of faith.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl, you were singled out to be at that time, the instrument of God for changing this young man's life, for the glory of God. How beautiful a moment in his and your life.
I love how this thread is reminding of times in the past when God used us. It is good to remember those times and be fired up again by knowing that God uses ordinary people for His purposes. People that don't make a big song and dance about it but just obey.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Just a comment on this...

This may help those walking with past deep injury of spirit.

First my level of deception before retuning to Him was so nasty that I didn't believe I even had a human spirit. What I didn't know was it was very torn by darkness and wounded in spirit then deceived into believing I didn't have one.

But the Lord told me that to accelerate my redemption and healing I should chase every prayer available.

So I attended the healing Order of St Luke in Christchurch for 12 months every week until the constant pain in my heart/spirit had disappeared for good. It was a tourniquet of constant pain finally healed.

But what was really neat was that the painful memories of past injury were also wiped away.

Is 26:14

They are now dead, they live no more; their spirits do not rise. You punished them and brought them to ruin; you wiped out all memory of them.

Ps 9:6

Endless ruin has overtaken my enemies, you have uprooted their cities; even the memory of them has perished.

Reactions: Rita, APAK and Azim

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That’s so encouraging Apak, thanks for sharing - I don’t know about you but others have often questioned that God speaks through secular things, and they have disbelieved me and down played my testimony. Many years ago that use to really get to me and drag me down, but no longer - My testimony, like yours , is valuable and personal to each of us - and I won’t allow anyone else to devalue it - it’s kind of their loss because it means they limit how and when God can speak to us.

I am presently in a similar situation and hold onto the fact that at passover it was one lamb for each family covering the household - the Lamb is Jesus.

Reactions: Pearl

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am presently in a similar situation and hold onto the fact that at passover it was one lamb for each family covering the household - the Lamb is Jesus.
So sorry, it’s not an easy path to walk xx

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a comment on this...

This may help those walking with past deep injury of spirit.

First my level of deception before retuning to Him was so nasty that I didn't believe I even had a human spirit. What I didn't know was it was very torn by darkness and wounded in spirit then deceived into believing I didn't have one.

But the Lord told me that to accelerate my redemption and healing I should chase every prayer available.

So I attended the healing Order of St Luke in Christchurch for 12 months every week until the constant pain in my heart/spirit had disappeared for good. It was a tourniquet of constant pain finally healed.

But what was really neat was that the painful memories of past injury were also wiped away.

Is 26:14

They are now dead, they live no more; their spirits do not rise. You punished them and brought them to ruin; you wiped out all memory of them.

Ps 9:6

Endless ruin has overtaken my enemies, you have uprooted their cities; even the memory of them has perished.
Interesting and effective for you Carl. I was a wounded heart and warrior for Christ once.

For my personal deep ordeal, in my spirit, of the subject I eluded to with Rita in a previous post, was to suddenly and spontaneously cry out many times to God in lowliness and a sense of desperation, over several years, with many tears shed wanting assurance of forgiveness. And I continued, and one day in this state of wanting mercy, I heard a voice tell me, you have already been forgiven Son...I will never, never, forget that precious and etched in time of my life. And now I am not concerned with it, I have learned from it and moved on. And I'm open to share it with those that might want to hear about it as another testimony of the power of God.