From Pentecost To Trumpets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians (Jews or Gentiles) DO NOT observe any of the holy days described in the Old Covenant. Why do you run after shadows when the reality is Christ Himself? Is someone leading you astray?

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. (Col 2:16,17)

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit said that through Paul for naught?
No one is leading us astray.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you seek justification through the Law, by keeping the Law verbatim, then you HAVE fallen from the Grace of God through Christ.
Gal. 5[4] Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law;
ye are fallen from grace.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 3:31
Yes, that is absolutely true! But the Law is for ONLY this world, and for this body of flesh and blood.
Therefore it remains to convince and convict people of sin and their condemnation by God. It's only work is to condemn and drive people to belief in Jesus, that by faith in Him, they shall be spared/saved from the 2nd death.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that scripture of Col. 2:16,17, you do realize that, in how one understands it, it can have two different perspectives.
I prefer the perspective of the context by Paul, IN ALL OF Col. 2, and not how you mean it, by emphasizing part (b.) of that scripture. I detect some twisting going on your part.
(a.) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:
(b.) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. (Col 2:16,17)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well if you look further in the same chapter, Paul is talking about those who are leading Christians astray. And evidently you are being led astray.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ... Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances... (vv 8,20)

Since the day Christ died on the cross and cried triumphantly "IT IS FINISHED" the Old Covenant came to an end. When the veil in the temple was supernaturally torn in two from top to bottom, it signified that all the ceremonial observances under the Law of Moses (including feasts, festivals, holy days, new moons, and sabbath days) came to an end. Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses and replaced it with the New Covenant.

Reactions: Earburner

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you look further in the same chapter, Paul is talking about those who are leading Christians astray. And evidently you are being led astray.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ... Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances... (vv 8,20)

Since the day Christ died on the cross and cried triumphantly "IT IS FINISHED" the Old Covenant came to an end. When the veil in the temple was supernaturally torn in two from top to bottom, it signified that all the ceremonial observances under the Law of Moses (including feasts, festivals, holy days, new moons, and sabbath days) came to an end. Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses and replaced it with the New Covenant.
Feast Days and Sabbaths | Sabbath Truth

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that scripture of Col. 2:16,17, you do realize that, in how one understands it, it can have two different perspectives.
I prefer the perspective of the context by Paul, IN ALL OF Col. 2, and not how you mean it, by emphasizing part (b.) of that scripture. I detect some twisting going on your part.
(a.) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:
(b.) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. (Col 2:16,17)
Spending the Rest of Your Life Teaching Sound Doctrine

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is absolutely true! But the Law is for ONLY this world, and for this body of flesh and blood.
Therefore it remains to convince and convict people of sin and their condemnation by God. It's only work is to condemn and drive people to belief in Jesus, that by faith in Him, they shall be spared/saved from the 2nd death.
The scripture that I used speaks for itself.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when?
Since here:
Gal. 2
[16] Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law,
but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal. 5[4] Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law;

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since here:
Gal. 2
[16] Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law,
but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

No, but, Since you are talking about the law of GOD, which is out of context with the OP, here are some scriptures references, just for a few examples about the Law of God.

The law of Moses was a preparatory law to bring men and women to Christ. It was a law of restrictions, prescriptions, and ordinances. Today the law of Christ, which fulfilled the law of Moses, is the fulness of the gospel or “the perfect law of liberty” (James 1:25).

and also:
King David wrote in the Psalms, Open my eyes, that I may se wondrous things from your law, etc.

Psalm 119:18 KJV: Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but, Since you are talking about the law of GOD, which is out of context with the OP, here are some scriptures references, just for a few examples about the Law of God.

The law of Moses was a preparatory law to bring men and women to Christ. It was a law of restrictions, prescriptions, and ordinances. Today the law of Christ, which fulfilled the law of Moses, is the fulness of the gospel or “the perfect law of liberty” (James 1:25).

and also:
King David wrote in the Psalms, Open my eyes, that I may se wondrous things from your law, etc.

Psalm 119:18 KJV: Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
Yes! I agree that the Law is good for THIS world of flesh and blood existence, but it is not equal to, nor can it be above the Righteousness of Christ!! Ever!!

The GIFT of Righteousness of Christ, is what is required to enter into the KoG!!
Without it, you are NONE of His. Rom. 8:9

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! I agree that the Law is good for THIS world of flesh and blood existence, but it is not equal to, nor can it be above the Righteousness of Christ!! Ever!!

The GIFT of Righteousness of Christ, is what is required to enter into the KoG!!
Without it, you are NONE of His. Rom. 8:9
Yeah! Amen, Psalms 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King David was not around when "the Promise" of God's OWN Righteousness, was made to be flesh. Therefore the highest order, during his time, was ONLY The Law!