Fully Focused

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Fully Focused”
Acts 20:24 NLT
But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

Isn’t it crazy and amazing how unfocused we can become at times in our lives? Many of us probably have consistent days of having tons of things on our minds. We try to cram as many things as we possibly can into one day. We need to get productive and do as much as possible. Sometimes I talk with others who say, “Too much to do and not enough hours in the day to do them”. While this is funny at first, it’s really actually sad. We get way too much on our plates and then we end up not fully focusing on really anything.

As I think about this passage in Acts, it’s amazing how focused Paul was on the task he had at hand. He accomplished many things in life, but nothing became more important to him than being fully focused on Christ and finishing the work for the Kingdom. That is ALL he was focused on. He came to realize that no accomplishment is better or greater than serving the Kingdom and doing the work of God. He considered everything else in life nothing unless it was serving Christ.

I often wonder how many things I put importance on in my daily life that really doesn’t mean much. Maybe we all need to take a step back and consider what all we do each day and what meaning it really has. What means the most to us? Work? Family? Hobbies? What means the absolute most to you? Hopefully it is a relationship and life served in Christ. Paul was fully focused and we need to be as well.

Instead of us trying to focus on a million things each day, perhaps we should realize there is only 1 focus we need each day. Our focus should be solely on Christ alone. I want to be fully focused, but I just have so many things on my mind each day. Now, don’t get me wrong, we need to take care of responsibilities each day for sure. However, we tend to get focused on way too many things and end up running ourselves down. We need to be fully focused as Paul was and strive to serve Christ each day. In doing this, our priorities will align and we will take care of things that are truly important.

Let’s be fully focused as Paul was and strive to finish the work God has called us to do.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @hldude33,

Thank you for your encouragement, it's good to be focused on the Father in heaven, first and foremost and to love your neighbor as yourself. It's good to make time to put first for Yahava, in studying like Abraham building an altar. All us need a place in the home to find time to spend in learning and growing and maturing as believers in the Lord Yeshua, as we go on in this life. The distractions for me are ... constant, while my brain rebuilds itself to being back to normal from my previous abuses towards it.

There was a time where I was going through the bible verse by verse, and expounding upon what could be found and learned, and my hope is that Yahava will get me back to that of course as stated to put time aside to study, write, grow, and learn is well needed and a great benefit for any student of the Bible with the use of a good study bible. One study bible that I would recommend is a Thompson Chain Study Bible, as it has such a huge collection in the back to look at different topics and subjects all neatly packed away for people to be helped as they go along.

Peace be unto you,
Matthew

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @hldude33,

Thank you for your encouragement, it's good to be focused on the Father in heaven, first and foremost and to love your neighbor as yourself. It's good to make time to put first for Yahava, in studying like Abraham building an altar. All us need a place in the home to find time to spend in learning and growing and maturing as believers in the Lord Yeshua, as we go on in this life. The distractions for me are ... constant, while my brain rebuilds itself to being back to normal from my previous abuses towards it.

There was a time where I was going through the bible verse by verse, and expounding upon what could be found and learned, and my hope is that Yahava will get me back to that of course as stated to put time aside to study, write, grow, and learn is well needed and a great benefit for any student of the Bible with the use of a good study bible. One study bible that I would recommend is a Thompson Chain Study Bible, as it has such a huge collection in the back to look at different topics and subjects all neatly packed away for people to be helped as they go along.

Peace be unto you,
Matthew
If you don't mind me asking where did " yahava" come from as I have never heard it spelled that way before. Thanks