Gaming - Your views (PC, Xbox, Ps3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gaming is alright for Christians

• Total voters

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
What is your opinion of Gaming ... are you a Gamer ?

Today Gaming has become a multi-billion dollar industry worldwide, one prediction is that it will top 100 billion dollars
by the year 2017.
Is it just play-play imaginary stuff so it doesn't really matter what you play, or do you view it as a very real threat filled
will SNVLP and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole ?

I am a gamer, and an avid one at that, and I can tell you without a doubt that what the world views as "ok", I have seen
to be filled with every vice imaginable, from out-right satanic themes, gameplay where you "have to" choose some
demonic being as your overlord in order to advance further in the game, drugs and alcoholism, prostitution, racism,
bisexuality, lesbianism, homosexuality and excessive violence and the list goes on.

Today children are being exposed to this and are becoming desensitised to these vices in the millions.

Yet some will maintain that it's harmless while others point to the High School shootings in Columbine USA as a direct result of
gaming.

what are your opinions.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
I am a gamer...

...[gaming is] filled with every vice imaginable, from out-right satanic themes... choose some demonic being as your overlord in order to advance further in the game, drugs and alcoholism, prostitution, racism, bisexuality, lesbianism, homosexuality and excessive violence and the list goes on.

Today children are being exposed to this and are becoming desensitised to these vices in the millions.
Then why would you partake of it? Does the presumption of adulthood 'protect' you? Why would you even touch the unclean thing?

... others point to the High School shootings in Columbine USA as a direct result of
gaming.
"Gaming" was but one factor in the Columbine mind control psy op.

What is your opinion of Gaming ... are you a Gamer ?
Why would a born again believer place a value what others think? For what purpose would a poll be offered and opinions be solicited?

Polls are like the census. What is a census? "We are counting the number of persons that are within our jurisdiction." If you read a case called Franklin v. The State of Mass. in 1992, which concerned itself with the 1990 census, it tells you the whole purpose of the census. "It allows the President of the United States to formulate Public Policy." So this determines what the new police powers will be for the next ten years. That’s the reason counting the people is forbidden in the Bible (1 Chronicles 21, 2 Samuel 24, Revelation 13:16-18). God knows the purposes of men for counting people and taking polls, it’s all done for evil purposes. Otherwise, he wouldn’t forbid it. What they are doing is playing god; since God can’t take care of things, they need to take care of them. And to play god, they must create images. The bondman of Christ must break those images down, bring the light of God’s word to whatever is being said, and show it for the lie it really is. Those dead to Christ are made after the image that created them.

Today Gaming has become a multi-billion dollar industry worldwide, one prediction is that it will top 100 billion dollars
There is a worldly market because people are being conditioned to be perfectly willing to part with their money for it. 'Everyone is doing it, so it must be okay.'

It is a proven, and thoroughly exploitable, fact that gaming alters the way in which the brain processes information. NLP (neural linguistic programming) and other forms of witchcraft are in full bloom. The ageless battle for the mind continues.

Rather, we are to cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Cor. 10:5).

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Phl 4:8)

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Well I don't know whether to laugh or cry ... quite honestly, you assume way too much and sound quite paranoid.

My short response before heading off to Church this morning.

1) For a start, who says that I partake in those games, did I say I did ?
As an "avid gamer", there is no way that I could not know that those games exist.

2) Why would I want to know what other Christians think ?
Because gaming is widespread and tons of Christians do play them.
Because I value the opinion of my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Because just as much as I could ask a question on whether or not you believe in Christ, or like hamburgers, I can ask as to whether
you are a gamer, I think it's kind of my right to ask anything I want to ... Islam hasn't taken over and freedom of speech still exists, right ?
Because many Christian parents struggle with their children being influenced by gaming.
Blah, blah, blah I could go on and on.

3) I don't work for the government (LOL) :D so I'm not going to track you down :D

4) The range of gaming covers virtually every aspect of themes, from City Building (my favourite) to XYZ.

Being a member of one of the largest Gaming sites in the world for over eight years, I have first-hand experience of how Christians are actively
voicing their opinions against the current trend and direction ... despite their being banned.
If you think that being a good Christian means staying away from sinners then you need to chew Jesus out for doing the same because he
did it all the time.

Besides, the Holy Spirit doesn't have a problem with that either, seeing that he was present in a pub and alleyway watching me getting stoned and
drunk and then calling me out - please check the Testimony Topic to see mine.

Being a good Christian does not mean staying in a cute little holy huddle, it means getting out there on the highways and byways where the sinners are
and spreading the news wherever possible.

If you choose not to participate in the Poll then don't, no one is forcing you to ... however, you can rest assured that the tons of guests who visit this site
who wish to remain guests, had they the opportunity to vote and remain anonymous would not hesitate to do so.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Jesus, a gamer?

If you think that being a good Christian means staying away from sinners then you need to chew Jesus out for doing the same because he
did it all the time.
Jesus wasn't a gamer. This is not about "staying away from sinners." It's about staying away from sinning.

...rest assured that the tons of guests...would not hesitate to do so.
And the purpose of the exercise is...?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
It's another one of those things I put in the category of "If you think it's wrong, don't do it".

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. 1 Cor. 10:23

Chuckt

Sep 8, 2014
We own a Gamecube, a Wii and a Wii U.
It is probably the only platform that has puzzles and is more centered towards families although that is changing a little.

I have a question. Why was the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden? Were we supposed to not be around it?
Jesus said to go into all of the world and that includes all of the evil places in the world as well as well as sinners.

Reactions: KingJ

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Jesus said to go into all of the world and that includes all of the evil places in the world as well as well as sinners.
For what purpose? To give life to worldly dead things? Or to be holy as he is holy?

To compromise? Or to declare the truth?

Chuckt

Sep 8, 2014
sojourner4Christ said:
For what purpose? To give life to worldly dead things? Or to be holy as he is holy?

To compromise? Or to declare the truth?
How many Bibles do you have in your house? What right do you have to have heard the word many times when someone else has not?

I know people who won't witness to evil people because they don't want to lose their witness.

What is the gospel? They think it means "Repent" and then there is that comma so they think it means "Repent comma" and if the person don't repent, they don't give them the gospel.

Here is another question. If you had to choose between sinning and someone going to hell, which would you choose?

And if you are vulnerable to all sin after being a Christian 30 years, what are you doing?

No. You go into all the world and give people the gospel because you want them to be saved. Period. The end.

Why doesn't the great commission say to limit those who may hear because they might stumble you?

Would you rather speak against a false Christian movement or would you rather tell them the gospel?

If you had to choose, what would it be?

What is the gospel? That determines your approach. In the old Testament, getting cleaned up first kind of negates your need of a sacrifice.

And you're afraid to give someone the gospel because you might sin? I think the average person sins more than once a day anyway.

The truth is that it is an excuse to not do the work so that people may hear the gospel because not only do you have to have discipline in giving people the gospel but you have to have studied the Bible to answer their objections too.

I believe God is going to ask two questions:

Who is Jesus?
How many people did you bring to my kingdom?

Matthew 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Matthew 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Matthew 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

I think the gospel is a talent.

Reactions: KingJ

MrKruback

Sep 20, 2014
I have a strange way of thinking about this. I do believe that some things that draw you away from Christ could be avoided. However, I also believe once you learn something, you do not have to study it over and over. Once you learn to love Christ, you could move on and no be effected by such things. So if you have a relationship with God, gaming doesnt hurt, if you don't then it can. Gaming is entertainment, which I find to be a huge waste of time that I enjoy so much lol. When does entertainment become to much? I ask myself that everyday.

Chuckt

Sep 8, 2014
MrKruback said:
I have a strange way of thinking about this. I do believe that some things that draw you away from Christ could be avoided. However, I also believe once you learn something, you do not have to study it over and over. Once you learn to love Christ, you could move on and no be effected by such things. So if you have a relationship with God, gaming doesnt hurt, if you don't then it can. Gaming is entertainment, which I find to be a huge waste of time that I enjoy so much lol. When does entertainment become to much? I ask myself that everyday.
I can spend two hours a night writing Biblical articles or Bible studies. Users take it for granted what I type but it use to take me two hours to write a page or two. People say, "Oh, that's easy" but some of the simplest things are hard and it isn't easy until someone makes it easy. I have something like 14,000 Christian files on my thumb drive.

I have been a most active Christian and I'm not allowed to play a game with my wife or friends? I already don't watch much t.v.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

My yoke is easy or my yoke is hard because I'm not allowed to have fun? My life should be full of human rules instead of being able to listen to God for His instruction over my conduct? When we start to listen to human rules instead of God, we are drawn away from God.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
I had posted a response here, but then God said to remove it.

So I'll give it another go again with his guidance.

Basically, both of you are attempting to argue "for" gaming, and your arguments are sensual. The lust of the eyes, the lusts of the flesh, and the pride of life -- these are the things your posts are arguing for.

Is gaming of the spirit of Christ, or of the spirit of antichrist? That's all we have to look at.

We're to cast down everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of the King. We're to transform and renew our minds in Christ, not conform them to the ways of the world. Touch not the unclean thing.

It's very hard to hear, very hard to receive this message when you're already partaking of the wicked thing. And yes, gaming is a wicked thing. We're to set no wicked thing before our eyes. All acton runs to some purpose. If that purpose is not for the building of God's kingdom, then it is for the building of a rival kingdom. There is no neutrality.

We could go into the whole Ninetendo / Pokemon-Pocket Monster "philosophy," but it's all there on their website and their promotional materials. Suffice to say that it is satanically based. If you want the proof, just ask and I'll post the whole mess here.

You say you're Godly, but you still wanna have fun. You say we should not listen to human rules, well, they're not human rules, they are God's rules and I listed several of them above.

If you're not willing to let gaming go, then that is the extent to which you are in bondage over it.
If you're not wiling to consider the possibility that you may be caught in a slick deception, and that it would affect your walk with God, then that is a clear indicator of the bondage you are presently experiencing -- even as you would deny that bondage.

Gaming is a worldly image, a form of idolatry. When you buy into those images, you are actually joining yourself to the dead, you’re living in death. A typical example of this is the word recreation. What it really means is re-creation. What are they re-creating? When you engage in recreation, you’re being re-created. You’re joining the things of the flesh, because all recreation appeals to the flesh. They want you to go out there and enjoy the things of the world. They make sure they’re always available to you, so that you’ll buy into them. Recreation as opposed to obedience and duty to Christ, which the bondman of Christ are to engage in only. Recreation is of the natural man, the heathen, that’s all pagan nonsense. Recreation is where you take off the whole armour of God.

There are no games in the scripture, except by the pagan. The only theatre is in Acts 19:29-41, and that’s the pagan theatre where they tried to pull Paul into to try him for commercial violations. The townclerk said he’s not engaged in commerce, so they didn’t have any cause against him. And if Paul was being dragged into the theatre, now we know where all the hypocrites were. They’re all a bunch of stage actors. They can be the stage actors and give you the sense of justice, and give you that image that you’re being ‘well served’ by your court appointed liar…I mean lawyer. And you can be very well taken care of in the theatre, where the hypocrites rule. That’s another image that’s out there.

Those who would defend/embrace gaming are allowing themselves to become something other than who God says they are.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Makes me wonder how you manage to justify having a computer and being on the internet. Isn't that also "the lust of the eyes and pride of life"?

Chuckt

Sep 8, 2014
Sojourner4Christ,

I don't play Pokémon.

There use to be a Christian theater near me but their heater broke and they closed the doors. They had a hard time finding Christian movies every year.

There are also Christian bookstores that have closed their doors near me which I liked going to.

It is pretty bad that we don't have a Christian television station, Christian Hollywood, etc. When I went to college, I had to sit outside in the cold winter on top of snow and ice to have a Bible study because all the religion majors didn't care about Bible study. Where do you put your money to adorn the doctrine of God and where in society is it adorned? There aren't any.

Here is what I see. I see morbidity when we as Christians tell everyone what we are against instead of what we are for. There is a book called "Spiritual Depression" by Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones and it is really a book on justification by faith.

What you are telling the world is that you can't enjoy life because everything is evil so they don't want to be a part of your life because it is morbid and you can't persuade people to be a Christian because their life has to be torturous and morbid too. The knee-jerk reaction is the emergent Church where they are reacting hostile towards fundamentalists or evangelicals where church is now movie church and they are trying to compete against Hollywood which they will never do. The Emergent Church has taken the word Baptist down because they know more people will join their Church if they remove the name so the pendulum swings both ways. When the Church gets annoying, people want nothing more to do with them.

God only gave us ten commandments but not only can't we keep them but man had made 613 commandments. It is legalism and the Apostles didn't come up with your list because they gave us this list:

Acts 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
Acts 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

But the rules and regulations is a form of shepherding or exercising Lordship over other people but Jesus said, "but ye shall not be so".

Luke 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles (the pagans) exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luke 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Jesus didn't say to hide away in a monastery so you wouldn't sin because people need the gospel.

Jesus said to love one another and when we fail to love people where they are at, love is no longer a verb.

One of the things I did was throw away all my worldly music and then when I went to college, I couldn't even tell the professor all of the reasons why it was wrong so doing things your way are not always best and they are counter-productive.

Tit us2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

When there are Christian t.v. reporters, Christian news, Christian magazines, Christian Hollywood, Christian radio stations, Christian models then maybe you have adorned the doctrine of God but that isn't the mission. The mission is to preach the gospel and not limit yourself from that obedience.

Chuck

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014

Makes me wonder how you manage to justify having a computer and being on the internet. Isn't that also "the lust of the eyes and pride of life"?
Interesting, isn’t it, how we reflexively point the finger away from our own dirty deeds when we find ourselves being held accountable for them?

To answer your question, and to answer the question of “gaming” as well, it’s an issue to authority, i.e. to whom do you look, for the authority to do those things that you would do? ...because that’s the authority you will render to.

My flesh totally dislikes these wastelands of worldly consensus called “forums.” My presence here is not by choice. And so when I walk by faith and not by sight, the burden is not mine to carry. If I am here at the Lord’s direction, then he will work out whatever it is that he has planned via my presence here, and he will protect me as I act in his will. Otherwise, it’s all self-will stuff and you will pay dearly for acting on that.

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. I can think about being at Japan; I can think about hugging my children; I can think about making breakfast. I cannot do all three things at once, but I can surely think about doing all three. Thus the battlefield is the mind; there is a battle raging for your mind; any physical result of my thought life is after the fact of what my mind would endeavor to do.

The medium itself is wicked. It’s why we are warned repeatedly about images in The Holy Bible. The enemy is fully aware of the power of images and uses it to his full advantage.

I don't play Pokémon.
You play video games, brought to you by the same folks, the same spirit, behind Pokemon.

There use to be a Christian theater near me but their heater broke and they closed the doors. They had a hard time finding Christian movies every year.
Of course. Hollywood is wood from the Holly tree that is still used to make the traditional magic wands of witches. Justifiying the sifting through of filth in search of a grain of supposed goodness is not what God has in mind for his people.

There are also Christian bookstores that have closed their doors near me which I liked going to.
Our walk is not to be about what "I liked going to." Just like the oxymoronic “Christian fiction.” Why expose yourself to the vain imaginations of men when we can have the sure word of the Lord?

It is pretty bad that we don't have a Christian television station, Christian Hollywood, etc.
I’m sure you’re unaware of the origin of tell-a-vision, and of why it’s called programming. The medium itself is wicked, let alone the message -- inducing states of hypnosis and suggestability. Subliminals are standard fare. ”I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes.” “Be ye holy as [he] is holy.”

When I went to college, I had to sit outside in the cold winter on top of snow and ice to have a Bible study because all the religion majors didn't care about Bible study. Where do you put your money to adorn the doctrine of God and where in society is it adorned? There aren't any.
You said it: you certainly shouldn't “put your money” into the world’s video games. Let your Godly light shine (if you have one).

Here is what I see. I see morbidity when we as Christians tell everyone what we are against instead of what we are for. There is a book called "Spiritual Depression" by Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones and it is really a book on justification by faith.
There’s no “justification by faith” with video games. Just blind programming, worldly power grabbing.

What you are telling the world is that you can't enjoy life because everything is evil so they don't want to be a part of your life because it is morbid and you can't persuade people to be a Christian because their life has to be torturous and morbid too.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Jesus didn't say to hide away in a monastery so you wouldn't sin because people need the gospel.
He didn’t say ‘play worldly power stroking demonically themed video games.’

Jesus said to love one another and when we fail to love people where they are at, love is no longer a verb.
There’s no love in any video game; Jesus Christ is nowhere to be found.

One of the things I did was throw away all my worldly music and then when I went to college, I couldn't even tell the professor all of the reasons why it was wrong so doing things your way are not always best and they are counter-productive.
Forget your “professor;” rather look to your Confessor, Jesus Christ. His ways, not mine, not Nintendo’s.

The mission is to preach the gospel and not limit yourself from that obedience.
Remember that the next time you're tempted to power up your video games.

Chuckt

Sep 8, 2014
sojourner4Christ said:
The medium itself is wicked. It’s why we are warned repeatedly about images in The Holy Bible. The enemy is fully aware of the power of images and uses it to his full advantage.

You play video games, brought to you by the same folks, the same spirit, behind Pokemon.

Of course. Hollywood is wood from the Holly tree that is still used to make the traditional magic wands of witches. Justifiying the sifting through of filth in search of a grain of supposed goodness is not what God has in mind for his people.

Our walk is not to be about what "I liked going to." Just like the oxymoronic “Christian fiction.” Why expose yourself to the vain imaginations of men when we can have the sure word of the Lord?

I’m sure you’re unaware of the origin of tell-a-vision, and of why it’s called programming. The medium itself is wicked, let alone the message -- inducing states of hypnosis and suggestability. Subliminals are standard fare. ”I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes.” “Be ye holy as [he] is holy.”

You said it: you certainly shouldn't “put your money” into the world’s video games. Let your Godly light shine (if you have one).

There’s no “justification by faith” with video games. Just blind programming, worldly power grabbing.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

He didn’t say ‘play worldly power stroking demonically themed video games.’
We have chess. We have checkers. We have several matching games on our Wii system. Can you please tell me how they are demonic or wicked?

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014

We have chess. We have checkers. We have several matching games on our Wii system. Can you please tell me how they are demonic or wicked?

That question has been repeatedly answered, and scripturally, in my previous posts here. And both the message and the medium are wicked.

And now the presumption would be, 'Hey, what's wrong with a harmless little game of checkers?"

It's yet another example of elitist death-making. The “game” of military warfare and conquest known as checkers (or draughts) was found thousands of years ago in Egyptian tombs. Likewise with the Hindi “game” of chess, originating in India thousands of year ago; it was a part of the princely or courtly education of Persian nobility. Warfare and death - Satan's standard fare to this day.

...all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Chuckt

Sep 8, 2014
sojourner4Christ said:

That question has been repeatedly answered, and scripturally, in my previous posts here. And both the message and the medium are wicked.

And now the presumption would be, 'Hey, what's wrong with a harmless little game of checkers?"

It's yet another example of elitist death-making. The “game” of military warfare and conquest known as checkers (or draughts) was found thousands of years ago in Egyptian tombs. Likewise with the Hindi “game” of chess, originating in India thousands of year ago; it was a part of the princely or courtly education of Persian nobility. Warfare and death - Satan's standard fare to this day.

...all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
sojourner4Christ,

Those things are things I would have never thought about or would have been tempted with. I'm glad I don't live in your world.

Chuck

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
If you are truly born again, then you do "live in my world," and thus you know that ignorance is not a Lawful excuse.