Gas stations no longer taking credit cards... ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Actually this is a good article to point out, but if one notices, this is a little dated as it was written in June when prices were still skyrocketing.This explains why the WAWA for example where I fill up makes the price per gallon 5 cents cheaper if paid by cash to offset these added fees.Back when prices were over $4 a gallon, WAWA would charge 3.99 for credit card, and 3.94 for cash. As of yesterday, the price was 2.83/gal there and there are even cheaper stations on the Jersey side of the border down around 2.71. I sometimes go that way if I am doing errands, the doctor or whoever on that side.Another concern is that since the housing market collapsed, and the lending institutions are being bailed out, there will be a greater fear of loans of any type. It will boil down to cold hard cash again. In my younger days, that's how I always paid for everything anyway, then I knew what I could afford. But then as I got older I must confess I got onto the credit card kick because I always made enough money to pay it off in one payment anyway and carrying around too much cash was inconvenient.This will be interesting to see what will ultimately happen. Definitely stay tuned.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
The gas price where I'm at went to $2.17¢-$2.23¢, not saying it went up, just don't remember the exact price. Now compared to my hometown, it was at $2.52¢-$2.53¢.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Ah! you must live in the schticks for prices to be that low!
biggrin.gif
Well, when I was laid off from my good corporation job 4 years ago, I believe the prices of gas in the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area was then about $1.59 give or take a little. I remember it hitting $2 in May '05 and thought that was ridiculous (and making less pay).Even at 2.17 a gallon where you live that's a 36% increase in 4 years. OK---- that actually sounds about normal if that was here instead of where you live. I'd be happy to see it in the low $2 range. We are still in the upper $2 range yet and although that is much better, I think there's still work to do. However, I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.