Georgy Girl, The Seekers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rene Asologuitar

Feb 5, 2022
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Georgy Girl" is a song by the Australian pop/folk music group The Seekers. Tom Springfield, who had written "I'll Never Find Another You", composed the music and Jim Dale supplied the lyrics. It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song but the prize went to "Born Free".
The song became a hit in late 1966 and early 1967, reaching number one in Australia and number three in the United Kingdom. In the United States, it was the Seekers' highest charting single, reaching number one on the Cash Box Top 100. "Georgy Girl" reached number two on the Billboard Hot
100; "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees, kept the song from number one.

I am dedicating this song as a tribute to Judith Durham, the lead singer for The Seekers, who just recently, passed away at the age of 79, 5AUG2022..
1943 - 2022, Judith Durham, Legendary Singer and International Music Icon - Rest In Peace!!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rene Asologuitar
Thank you, my friend. Sometime after being separated from the U.S. Army [August 1966] and before meeting my wife [1971] I was going out regularly with a young lady who wanted to see the movie, "Georgie Girl", with the title song by that a name. I had scarcely heard of it before, but I took her to the movie and became hooked on the song. Thanks for putting it on here. Brings back some pleasant memories.

Rene Asologuitar

Feb 5, 2022
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeus,
I am so glad to hear your story about this song.
I also wanted to thank you for always trying to make a lovely comment on my songs.
You are so much appreciated.
Take care and stay well!!!
Blessings,
Rene

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeus,
I am so glad to hear your story about this song.
I also wanted to thank you for always trying to make a lovely comment on my songs.
You are so much appreciated.
Take care and stay well!!!
Blessings,
Rene
Give God always the glory, my friend!

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation" Psalm 95:1