GETTING THROUGH THE MAZE.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The circumstances of our lives don't usually lead us in straight lines, more often they are more like a maze and we can't see where the next turn will lead us.

This was my thought as I was praying this morning. I know that trying to get through our lives on our own we just get more and more lost. To get through this 'maze' of life's circumstances we need the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit to lead us through.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The circumstances of our lives don't usually lead us in straight lines, more often they are more like a maze and we can't see where the next turn will lead us.

This was my thought as I was praying this morning. I know that trying to get through our lives on our own we just get more and more lost. To get through this 'maze' of life's circumstances we need the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit to lead us through.
Lately I feel like I have to jump thru hurdles in life. Back pain and stomach problems make it difficult to just live life. The Lord is my peace and joy though which makes life easier.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lately I feel like I have to jump thru hurdles in life. Back pain and stomach problems make it difficult to just live life. The Lord is my peace and joy though which makes life easier.
Getting old is better than the alternative but it comes with all sorts of unthought of demands and consequences.

This morning we had a man come to give us a price for re-painting our back gates. A job that we have done many times in the past. It just highlighted all the things we used to be able to do. Everything in our garden - all the crazy paving, pond, bridge over pond and two outbuildings we have built ourselves when we were younger and stronger. It is so frustrating having to ask/pay somebody else to do what we were once able to do.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting old is better than the alternative but it comes with all sorts of unthought of demands and consequences.

This morning we had a man come to give us a price for re-painting our back gates. A job that we have done many times in the past. It just highlighted all the things we used to be able to do. Everything in our garden - all the crazy paving, pond, bridge over pond and two outbuildings we have built ourselves when we were younger and stronger. It is so frustrating having to ask/pay somebody else to do what we were once able to do.
Life was so easy when I was 30-45, after that it all is going down hill fast :( But you gotta keep cheerful. And we can look foreword to living with God in his loving and beautiful kingdom!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's a good analogy! I often don't know what the next turn should be! I've learned that what things look like and what they are can be very different, and I absolutely need God to lead me step by step.

And that part about having to pay someone to do what I used to easily do myself, I've just had to accept facts, and let the younger fellows do the work!

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl