Glorify the Body of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ezekiel prophesied in 11:

19a I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them.
I think this new spirit refers to the Paraclete in the NT.

NIV, 2 Corinthians 3:

18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
As we grow spiritually, we become more and more like God. The glory here refers to the Paraclete Indwelling Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible:

And we all having been unveiled in face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.
Our human spirit is receiving more and more portions of the Paraclete as part of our sanctification process.

Elsewhere, "glory" or "glorify" appears nine times! in John 17, e.g.,

22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
This glory/Paraclete is used to define unity. Paul described the Body of Christ as the true church in the spiritual realm, united by the one Holy Spirit, 1 Corinthians 12:

12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
In terms of spiritual mechanics, believers who are born of the Paraclete are all spiritually linked together through the central hub of the Paraclete/Holy Spirit.

Peace is one sign of this unity, Colossians 3:

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.
Love is another sign, John 13:

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
We can glorify God by being one in Christ. Glorify the Body of Christ with peace and love and the Paraclete. Then, unbelievers will know that Jesus is the Lord. Then, they will know that we are united as one in Christ. Vertically, this is unity in the Paraclete. Horizontally, I propose a Disciplined Probabilistic Approach to Biblical Hermeneutics.

Last edited: