God and Adam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

good times

Dec 11, 2008
I recently went to a christmas service at a church that is not my home church and the message was on 5 things a christian should expect through their walk with god. When the minister was talking about when Adam ate from the tree and his eyes were opened to his nakedness it sparked a question in my mind. The bible says that before the partaking of the forbidden fruit Adam used to walk the garden alongside God and have conversations. My question is this, was God naked during these walks with Adam? Was he even in human form?I know its an unimportant question but I was just wondering what everyones opinions on the subject were.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(good times;66686)
I recently went to a christmas service at a church that is not my home church and the message was on 5 things a christian should expect through their walk with god. When the minister was talking about when Adam ate from the tree and his eyes were opened to his nakedness it sparked a question in my mind. The bible says that before the partaking of the forbidden fruit Adam used to walk the garden alongside God and have conversations. My question is this, was God naked during these walks with Adam? Was he even in human form?I know its an unimportant question but I was just wondering what everyones opinions on the subject were.
The bible says that God's garment is light. It also says that God openly conversed with Adam, but nobody ever seen God face-to-face and lived. I won't adamantly claim what God looks like considering we were created in His image, whether that's in character, in looks or a combination of both (which I believe it is) but there are variations. What I am saying is this---- Adam was created in an unfinished state of innocence but STILL had to take that tree of life (instead of the knowledge of good and evil that got him into trouble). Had Adam done so, he would have become like Christ in glory and eternity, the same that the resurrected believer will one day become. So, considering that, how do you envision Christ now? Our nakedness is merely the physical manifestation but God is so much more glorious and complex. However, I could not resist making a little humor of the situation in "light" or your question. I made a picture comic for you on my site>>> God and AdamCheers.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
God made man in His own image but it doesn't mean that God has a body. God is spirit and the wordthat was used there was Eloheem which is used in the plural. Jehovah is Eloheem as well as the Redeemer (Jesus) and the Most High is also called Eloheem (Father).John 4:24 ESV God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."Isaiah 54:5 ESV For your Maker (Jehovah) is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel (Jesus) is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called.Isaiah 54:6 ESV For the LORD (Jehovah) has called you like a wife deserted and grieved in spirit, like a wife of youth when she is cast off, says your God (Eloheem).John 14:9 ESV Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?Genesis 3:22 ESV Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever--"Hosea 11:7 ESV My people are bent on turning away from me (Jehovah), and though they call out to the Most High, he shall not raise them up at all.God hid the Tree of Life but it doesn't mean that we cannot go there, it just means that only those who are pure or purified can go there that's why God placed there the cherubim and a flaming sword to guard the Tree of Life.Try e-sword, it has greek and hebrew dictionary.http://www.e-sword.net/

cedarhart

When good men do nothing, evil will triumph.Take a
Nov 17, 2008
"The bible says that before the partaking of the forbidden fruit Adam used to walk the garden alongside God and have conversations. My question is this, was God naked during these walks with Adam? Was he even in human form?"LOL! That's a really good question! It's logical to ask that. However, I am not aware of where in Scripture that they walked in the Garden together. So, I looked. It's not there! This is what I found:Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.I read right over this and then it ocurred to me that perhaps this is what you and others are referring to? When I read it, it seemed to be stating that while Adam and Eve were walking in the garden, they heard the voice of the LORD God..........then they hid. That would indicate that something would have had to happen during the "walk" to cause them to hide. It doesn't state that either.Scripture is not known for the best grammer! Proper grammer would indicate that the "voice" was "walking" according to the object and verb which makes no sense.If it was definite that God walked in human form (which was only done in Christ) with Adam, one would have to speculate that God was naked or Adam would have known that he was different, and he did not. Also, at the time of the verse, Eve was already in the picture and nowhere does Scripture state that God walked with both of them together. If I'm missing something, clue me in! Good question, though.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
walking with God is used through out the Bible to indicate a closeness in relationship that is rare in human history. I think it is also said of Elijah and Enoch, that they walked with God. Moses is said to have "seen" God's backside as He passed by the cave on the mountain. Agree with those above that God is Spirit, so Adam walking with God in the Garden must be a representation of his relationship with God prior to the fall rather than God "walking" beside him.