God Bless And Comfort Whitney Houston's Family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Another beautiful God-Given voice gone too soon...we need to start praying in earnest for celebrities. Tongues saves lives !!

Reactions: Marta

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
So true, HollyRock. Sometimes from outward appearances it seems like celebrities have it made, but often their lives are the most stressed and tragic of anyone's. I pray the Lord will comfort her family and friends, and that He will draw each one of them closer to Him to trust in Him fully.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another troubled soul with the voice of an angel leaves us - I pray she is with God.

Reactions: Marta

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Bless you Holly!!

Whitney is praising God, right now.....she has taken her sit in His choir and is singing 'Holy, Holy. Holy is the Lord God Almighty! Who was, Who is! Who is to come!
He is our Lord and worthy to be praised!!!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
God Bless you Holly!!

Whitney is praising God, right now.....she has taken her sit in His choir and is singing 'Holy, Holy. Holy is the Lord God Almighty! Who was, Who is! Who is to come!

Did she profess to know Jesus Christ? I know she did have some Christians around her.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- No offense, but you have absolutely no idea whatsoever if this is true or not.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
God Bless you Holly!!

Dear aspen, I am just now seeing your lovely post...you have no idea how much I needed to hear that. I send you a big Holy hug, thank you so very much.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If she hasn't yet confessed that Jesus is Lord, it's only a matter of time. :)

So, you think that once one has experienced the finality of physical death, one still has an opportunity for faith? What would be the thing that would move a person toward accepting Jesus Christ, if nothing in this life has ever convicted a person of their sinful position before the Most Holy God? How does one in the grave receive Christ, when there is no one to give them the Gospel? How does one turn over one's life to the control of the Holy Spirit when there is no more life to live? We have only one life in which to receive Jesus Christ and that is now, today.

2 Corinthians 6:2
For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Hebrews 9:27
And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
So, you think that once one has experienced the finality of physical death, one still has an opportunity for faith? What would be the thing that would move a person toward accepting Jesus Christ, if nothing in this life has ever convicted a person of their sinful position before the Most Holy God? How does one in the grave receive Christ, when there is no one to give them the Gospel? How does one turn over one's life to the control of the Holy Spirit when there is no more life to live? We have only one life in which to receive Jesus Christ and that is now, today.

2 Corinthians 6:2
For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Hebrews 9:27
And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,

Well first lets look at the scriptures you posted and what they actually say.
2 Cor. 6:2 This is referring to a specific day which day is it? Is it the day that Christ died, or the day Paul penned this letter, maybe it is the day that it is read? Was it yesterday or is it possibly something progressive since God says "today" is the day. When do we stop having "today(s)"? To keep this in context back up into the last part of chapter 5.

Now Hebrews 9:27 OK so everyone dies once, then comes judgment. I am curious of your belief about judgment day, do you believe there are judgment days? What is the topic of this context? Is it judgment or something else, like maybe the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice for all?

Do you happen to have any scriptures that indicate that people can only be reconciled while they are living in the flesh?

Not exactly sure of every detail on how God does it but the scriptures do say all are reconciled, all things are restored, every knee bows, every tongue confesses, all men are drawn to Christ, all men are made alive and Jesus is the savior of all mankind, so I believe it.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well first lets look at the scriptures you posted and what they actually say.
2 Cor. 6:2 This is referring to a specific day which day is it? Is it the day that Christ died, or the day Paul penned this letter, maybe it is the day that it is read? Was it yesterday or is it possibly something progressive since God says "today" is the day. When do we stop having "today(s)"? To keep this in context back up into the last part of chapter 5.

Now Hebrews 9:27 OK so everyone dies once, then comes judgment. I am curious of your belief about judgment day, do you believe there are judgment days? What is the topic of this context? Is it judgment or something else, like maybe the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice for all?

Do you happen to have any scriptures that indicate that people can only be reconciled while they are living in the flesh?

Not exactly sure of every detail on how God does it but the scriptures do say all are reconciled, all things are restored, every knee bows, every tongue confesses, all men are drawn to Christ, all men are made alive and Jesus is the savior of all mankind, so I believe it.
Just to ask what do you believe is the meaning of the separation of the sheep and goats and deliverance from evil. Then should I turn my life to my pleasures because all will be reconciled anyways?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Yes, all things are reconciled, as in SETTLED. Sin and sinners are dealt with and the righteous are rewarded, according to the promises of God.

I agree, everything is settled between all things and God now.

Can you answer my question now?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Just to ask what do you believe is the meaning of the separation of the sheep and goats and deliverance from evil.

The separation of the righteous from the unrighteous.

Then should I turn my life to my pleasures because all will be reconciled anyways?

I wouldn't recommend it, but that is between you and God. :)

Can we not just pray for the family and leave it at that. A woman died.

Agreed, so any further discussions can be taken up in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.