• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, God puts the burden on children to obey. You are trying to put the burden on parents to not even hurt their children to build their moral character.
There is no “burden”, there is the belief that there is a burden.

God does not and could not put anything on anyone or anything.
Infinite can not know finite.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spanking with the hand on the fanny is OK. Not beating them, but spanking.

Those who use false inflaming words to try and say a spanking on the fanny is a 'beating' show their liberal Leftist Communist ideals, because it is they that are trying to tear down the morals of Western Christianity by allowing children to go uncorrected.

What the Christian West actually needs more of, is to jail those Moscow mouthpieces that try to upset Western society and its laws for their own political aims to destroy.

States in the U.S. have laws against leaving bruises on a child when disciplining them. But they have NO laws against corporal punishment of a child, like a spanking on the fanny.

Don't smack your child in the face, nor anywhere else. Spank them on their buttocks with the hand, just enough to get their attention, for that has natural padding and is one of the things it's for. And always tell them 'WHY' they are getting a spanking (i.e., for what they did wrong), and never spank in anger.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spanking with the hand on the fanny is OK. Not beating them, but spanking.

Those who use false inflaming words to try and say a spanking on the fanny is a 'beating' show their liberal Leftist Communist ideals, because it is they that are trying to tear down the morals of Western Christianity by allowing children to go uncorrected.

What the Christian West actually needs more of, is to jail those Moscow mouthpieces that try to upset Western society and its laws for their own political aims to destroy.

States in the U.S. have laws against leaving bruises on a child when disciplining them. But they have NO laws against corporal punishment of a child, like a spanking on the fanny.

Don't smack your child in the face, nor anywhere else. Spank them on their buttocks with the hand, just enough to get their attention, for that has natural padding and is one of the things it's for. And always tell them 'WHY' they are getting a spanking (i.e., for what they did wrong), and never spank in anger.
I’m not liberal or leftest or communist nor an idealist. I’m also not trying to ‘wear down’ anything or anyone. I don’t really know what you mean by those terms honestly.

Spanking kids is ignorant and abusive. It teaches them ignorance & abuse. Using God or The Bible to justify it is deplorable.

Words aren’t true or false, true and false are words.

Have you ever tried just talking with them? Helping them understand?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s easy to philosophize & disagree when we’re not being harmed.
Spanking done properly causes pain, but no harm.
I’m not suggesting there’s anything wrong with rationalizing harming others using Jesus, I’m just pointing to the truth prior to beliefs & justifications.
Sorry, but your concept of the rod of discipline is wrong and misguided.
Is there reality and new age?

Yes and the two tend to be mutually exclusive
I’ve nothing against beliefs.
YOu just don't believe the ones proven over and over by science and proven by Scripture it seems.

Reactions: Wrangler

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spanking done properly causes pain, but no harm.
There is no justifiable reason to cause another pain. Therein, doing so is psychologically harmful.
Not only to the abused, but to the abuser as well.

Sorry, but your concept of the rod of discipline is wrong and misguided.
Pain & harm aren’t conceptual, and therein aren’t misguided.

Yes and the two tend to be mutually exclusive
The ‘two’ are actually One.
I am.

YOu just don't believe the ones proven over and over by science and proven by Scripture it seems.
I don’t believe in believing.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no justifiable reason to cause another pain. Therein, doing so is psychologically harmful.
Not only to the abused, but to the abuser as well.
Says your PHED eggheads pontificating from their ivory towers. The word of God says vastly different. And spanking a child for disciplining is not abuse no matter how many times you say it.
Pain & harm aren’t conceptual, and therein aren’t misguided.

Generations have proven that spanking is not lastingly harmful but beneficial.
The ‘two’ are actually One.
I am.
Are you proclaiming yourself the I AM
I don’t believe in believing.

I pity you then.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says your PHED eggheads pontificating from their ivory towers. The word of God says vastly different. And spanking a child for disciplining is not abuse no matter how many times you say it.

Generations have proven that spanking is not lastingly harmful but beneficial.
What’s ‘PHED’?

Are you proclaiming yourself the I AM
Before proclamation, I am.
I pity you then.
Why? It’s blissful! I am!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘They’re’ not even ‘your’ kids.

And by your statement ......you have issues outside of our control ......

Most scarry statement known to man "I am from the government and I'm here to help."

They are our kids and we are charged with caring for them until they are old enough to care for themselves ........

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also support Christian Universal Salvation.

I was spreading the good news, that everyone will go to Heaven through faith alone in Jesus Christ, when I came across a girl who loves the Lord and she said an offhand comment about her parents potentially “wooping” her because she called 911 when her mother left the stove on and almost burned the house down.

Not only was the child in the right to call 911, since the cookies they were baking came out half burnt when the mother came and it could have turned into a serious fire, but as well, The Lord is against violent punishment.

“Wooping” here could refer to a spanking, a beating, or anything else that’s physically abusive. So, I said “The Bible is against the corporeal punishment of children”.

Proverbs 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.

Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

And further I said “The Rod that the Bible talks about is the same rod that Shepard’s use to guide their sheep.” Shepard’s don’t beat their sheep, that’s animal abuse. Thus, parents must not beat their children, that is child abuse.

Proverbs 29:15 A rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother.

A rod

שֵׁ֣בֶט (šê·ḇeṭ)

Noun - masculine singular

Strong's 7626: Rod, staff, club, scepter, tribe

The Rod shows that a parent must always be there for their child, watching over them, instructing them righteousness.

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

When a child is beaten, they become angry. Scientifically, physical hurting a child triggers intense stress hormones to be released in their brain which is the textbook definition of the emotion of anger.

The Bible says to not provoke children to anger. Do not scream at children, or aggressively yell at them. Instead, firmly and kindly say to them what is good, constantly. Discipline refers to giving a child rules to follow, telling them right from wrong, teaching them to be kind to others.

When you spank a child, you don’t respect them as another human, another one of God’s creations and you insult the Lord.

As well, there are many psychological studies that show that spanking is not only an ineffective method of discipline, but in fact encourages children to become more violent. And the Lord hates violence!

1 Timothy 3:3 Not violent but gentle

Proverbs 3:31 Do not envy the violent or choose any of their ways

Psalms 11:5 Those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

Proverbs 13:2 But the unfaithful have an appetite for violence

Proverbs 10:6-7 But violence covereth the mouth of the wicked

Proverbs 16:29 Violent people mislead their companions, leading them down a harmful path

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are obvious, outbursts of anger.

Proverbs 4:17 For they eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence

Ezekiel 45:9 Thus says the Lord GOD: Put away violence.

An excellent thread on Tentmaker talks about this too.

Prov.23:13-14

Another Christian article that’s against the physical abuse of children.

Thomas Haller: Parenting and Relationship Expert

As well as some other scientific studies on the negatives of spanking of children.

The case against spanking

Risks of Harm from Spanking Confirmed by Analysis of Five Decades of Research - UT News

Physical punishment of children: lessons from 20 years of research

So, to continue with my Evangelism conversation, she replied “Oh, they barely hit me”, but even still, barely hitting someone hard is still hitting someone.

Matthew 18:6 - But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This is also another reason why Sheol will not have a physical fire, but rather, a mental one. They will feel mental pain and guilt for their actions in contrast to God’s love. God does not repay evil with evil.

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil

Romans 12:17-18 Recompense to no man evil for evil

It is a great evil that spanking children is still widespread, just as it is a great evil that the belief in Eternal Conscious Torment in Hell forever is still widespread. I felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to write this, with a similar conviction that I felt when compelled to write about Universal Salvation.

So, to all parents, please love your children. Do not harden your hearts. Because God loves us as a parent loves their children and will save everyone through Christ. Amen.
Good gravy!

The Bible supports and encourages spanking children.

It is one of the truest forms of love for the child.

The Bible even says if you don't spank your child, you hate your child.

One of the biggest problems with societies all over the world today is the father being absent and the children not receiving proper spankings and discipline. The world is overrun today with teens and adults who never got spanked and I suppose you claim that it's in great shape.

Yes?

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good gravy!

The Bible supports and encourages spanking children.

It is one of the truest forms of love for the child.

The Bible even says if you don't spank your child, you hate your child.

One of the biggest problems with societies all over the world today is the father being absent and the children not receiving proper spankings and discipline. The world is overrun today with teens and adults who never got spanked and I suppose you claim that it's in great shape.

Yes?

Hi GEN2REV my friend.

You do know that you have not provided any Bible verses whatsoever to promote your argument? Nowhere in the Bible does it say "If you don't spank your child, you hate your child" but here's what it does say

Ephesians 6:4 ESV Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
What happens when you physically assault a child? They become angry. Therefore, by beating a child, you provoke them to anger, which the Lord is against. Anything that provokes a child to anger is not discipline and not instruction at all!

Proverbs 3:31 ESV Do not envy a man of violence and do not choose any of his ways,
What is one of the ways of a man of violence? By violently spanking a child, you can commit the sins of physical abuse, sexual abuse and child abuse all in one!

I agree that a problem in society is an absent father, but if that father were to be the type that abuses their children though spankings, then it would be better if that abusive father were not there at all. Yes, even if that father were to be a breadwinner and would bring in feasting. As the Lord tells us,
Proverbs 17:1 NIV Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.

Your argument also uses the logical fallacy of "False Dichotomy" where you set up a false black-and-white decision where one must choose between spanking and discipline. The teachings you give a child, the words you tell them, verbal strictness, that's discipline. But if we were to use your false dichotomy, where discipline is only done through spanking, then where are the insructions? You can't even tell them the Bible in that world, because all your "discipline" would be done through spanking.

How does one learn? It is like how one may receive faith, by hearing. Verbal instruction.
Romans 10:17 ESV So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Therefore, by beating a child, you provoke them to anger, which the Lord is against. Anything that provokes a child to anger is not discipline and not instruction at all!"

No one here is talking about BEATING a child ........Vast difference between beating and spanking with control. Even the Bible is careful in speech and knows the difference between beating and spanking.