God is over the struggles we face

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pregnant with my second child, I lost my energy. All my habits and discipline gave way to pure survival. I didn't do much outside of keep baby girl taken care of. I didn't take care of myself and I stopped my Bible reading and eventually stopped praying.

I was angry with God and not sustaining my faith. Prices are high and we may never own a home. We are still supporting family. I got little sleep and was so very tired.

I hardly ever ask God for things that I need and want. I don't want to be disappointed and I felt like the answer was no.

Demons licked at my heels. Temptations hovered like vultures. I know my life would be easier if I didn't serve Jesus. I didnt need the reminders.

Today I got my joy back. His Word cleansed me. I seek Him early. Suffering is what we face when we choose Christ. But it's nothing compared to the joy of the Lord and being with Him forever.

It's better to suffer for doing good than for doing wrong. Go read 1 Peter 3-4.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pregnant with my second child, I lost my energy. All my habits and discipline gave way to pure survival. I didn't do much outside of keep baby girl taken care of. I didn't take care of myself and I stopped my Bible reading and eventually stopped praying.

I was angry with God and not sustaining my faith. Prices are high and we may never own a home. We are still supporting family. I got little sleep and was so very tired.

I hardly ever ask God for things that I need and want. I don't want to be disappointed and I felt like the answer was no.

Demons licked at my heels. Temptations hovered like vultures. I know my life would be easier if I didn't serve Jesus. I didnt need the reminders.

Today I got my joy back. His Word cleansed me. I seek Him early. Suffering is what we face when we choose Christ. But it's nothing compared to the joy of the Lord and being with Him forever.

Oh @Wynona Praise God, it is so good to see you back to your lovely self. Always remember if a similar situation arises in the future to just be and let God minister to you through his great and abiding love.

That's what he told me one time when I was in a bad place, 'Just be and let me.' And I did. I stopped worrying about it, I stopped fighting it and just rested in his love and came out the other side strengthened and blessed.

• Love
Reactions: MA2444 and Nancy

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just rested in his love and came out the other side strengthened and blessed
Yes, amen. The Christian life is one of peace when we learn to rest in Jesus. We are God's child through what Jesus did for us....no striving in the flesh makes us God's child.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Luke 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Mark 10:28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Hebrews 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I think we would be Gods child through believing in what He said, what He did, and what the believers then did together as one. ( showing faith in the death and rising again of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead to life eternal. )

Reactions: MA2444

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen! You look at the world and the cares if this world and they will bring you down…. You start to consider the birds and flowers of the field, and how they are cared for by God then your faith in his providence is restored… in the coming years many are going to be homeless…. Rising real estate not matching wages along with inflation theft….I could go on but point being this world is not our home and our treasures are in heaven. Our home is in heaven and our mansions await us there…. While we are here start the day with gratitude for what you have here and now and each day you will find new things to be grateful for… find the blessing in the day if “small things” and when we see Him come in glory we will not look back to this world…

Your post was a blessing to read this morning… we are all struggling with this…. Been working 60 to 70 hours a week myself… along with dialysis 12 hours a week and I am still barely getting my bills paid …. Let alone building for the future…. And it’s only gonna get worse… I am physically and emotionally exhausted every day… the love of many is waxing cold because of this…. Yet we must let that light in us shine now more than ever… thank you for posting this…. The only way to do this is focus on Christ and our heavenly treasures….

Re: American dream: right now, comoared to 1990… to be considered middle class you need to be making 165k a year… most are not… this is just to have the same quality of life our parents had. The middle class is virtually nonexistent in this country all because of inflation theft…. Look it up if you have not heard this term. Just to give you an idea a registered nurse makes just under a 100k a year…. This has always been a “middle/upper middle class profession …. They are not even middle class anymore and most are paycheck to paycheck… sad…
God bless

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All our earthly battles/struggles.... are Spiritual Victories waiting to happen.

And the way to get there, is to believe that "the Battle is the Lord's".

Reader, we can't know what Tomorrow brings.... we can't know "which way the wind blows"..... from one second to the next.

So, "cast your cares upon the Lord < as He cares for you" and after you do, "be careful for nothing".. as what problem can be solved by WORRY?

= ZERO, NONE.

A.) Just rest in the assurance that God is going to work it out, solve it, restore it.

See, its God's own WILL to do so, for YOU.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, amen. The Christian life is one of peace when we learn to rest in Jesus. We are God's child through what Jesus did for us....no striving in the flesh makes us God's child.

Well obeying Him is a pretty big factor too! And the Lord said, study to show thyself approved, so Wynona should start reading her bible again. A reading program where she reads 3 chapters a day would take her through the entire bible both old & new testaments in one year. That's what I do, every year in fact.

When I first got saved (or returned to the Lord rather) I did not have the Joy of the Lord. I did not have peace in my spirit. Because I was so so wrapped up with the world at the time. But I had read about the joy of the Lord and knew I should have it. So I prayed and prayed and prayed and continued reading my 3 chapters a day (which takes about 15-20 minutes every day. Nothing to it. And then one day all of a sudden I just got dumped on with pure joy in my spirit! And I recognized it immediately, I was at peace! And I have had peace in my spirit ever since.

Things come up every day almost though that would rob me of my peace and joy/ . And when it happens and I am already at peace it makes me think, Lord, what are you doing now? And I know that even if the situation is from a evil source, that with God, it is a test for me! So I have told God before, I don't know what to do Lord, I am just going to watch to see what you do! And those times, I pass the test. Because I put it in the Lord's hands.

So in my mind, Wynona already answered her own question. She needs to start reading again and pray pray praying without ceasing. Those are steps 1 & 2 for young Christians.
Study to show thyself approved.
Pray unceasingly.

And the joy of the Lord will come and everything about life is easier now for me. And in weak moments, I remind myself that, in my weakness is His Strength.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So lovely to hear about your young growing family Wynona. Casting yourself and all your cares on Him for He does care for you. Hormones can do a number on us gals and the devil takes advantage of that. Nesting instinct with having children can feel frustrated too if your housing situation doesn't feel up to your expectations. Keep looking to the Lord and encourage yourself in His word....and wait upon Him to bring you through when you are feeling down....old saying, "this too shall pass". Love to you. xx

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy