God Mends Broken Vessels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a friend who has a weekly bible study in her home specifically for women...the group is called Wounded Warriors.
I am in awe of how God has moved in these women's lives and mended all that was broken and wounded by the world
One of my favorite scripture verses:

“He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.”
— Psalms 147:3 (KJV)

I was meditating on this a few years ago and this showed up on my Facebook....and I was overjoyed at the message in this ad....
Stronger and more beautiful like this piece of Kintsugi pottery | Kintsugi, Wabi sabi, Kintsugi art
They repair broken China with gold
The value of it after repairs is greater than its original value.
That's how I see us...broken, wounded, disfunctional... then here comes the Master Potter and He begins mending every broken part of us and the finished vessel is now stronger and more valuable than ever before!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend who has a weekly bible study in her home specifically for women...the group is called Wounded Warriors.
I am in awe of how God has moved in these women's lives and mended all that was broken and wounded by the world

I was meditating on this a few years ago and this showed up on my Facebook....and I was overjoyed at the message in this ad....
Stronger and more beautiful like this piece of Kintsugi pottery | Kintsugi, Wabi sabi, Kintsugi art
That's how I see us...broken, wounded, disfunctional... then here comes the Master Potter and He begins mending every broken part of us and the finished vessel is now stronger and more valuable than ever before!
What a lovely picture. Broken vessels mended with gold and worth so much more than before.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Broken vessel is a good term to describe my state of mind/being before the Lord lead me to Him, forgave me, took away my shame, lifted up my countenance and gave me knowledge and understanding. I was a wreck before the Lord. A ship lost at sea with a broken sail.
Beautiful! I think it's such a travesty that many of us have to totally broken before we finally cry out to Him.
Praise God and Thank you Jesus for saving another lost sheep and mending the broken heart, broken spirit, broken life and setting his feet on firm ground! Amen!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hischild 4 years ago
God is soooo amazing! This video is an answer to a question I presented to God. I had an encounter several years ago and heard a voice say "be my alabaster box." I knew it had something to do with brokeness. A few days ago I found myself singing to the Lord to break me open to release the precious oil in me. This video confirms that the song was truly from God and is the meaning of the vision I had. Divine providence is how I found this video...I love it!! Thank you Jesus!!! Thanks for posting this...it truly blessed my heart. God bless you!
Gala Lawrence 4 years ago
Wow! This reads like a medical diagnosis! Praise God for men of faith as Bro. Lee! Amen!

Regina Goff 2 months ago (edited)
Thank you..this was a real blessing..though he is in heaven the words are still realivitive to day.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hischild 4 years ago
God is soooo amazing! This video is an answer to a question I presented to God. I had an encounter several years ago and heard a voice say "be my alabaster box." I knew it had something to do with brokeness. A few days ago I found myself singing to the Lord to break me open to release the precious oil in me. This video confirms that the song was truly from God and is the meaning of the vision I had. Divine providence is how I found this video...I love it!! Thank you Jesus!!! Thanks for posting this...it truly blessed my heart. God bless you!
Gala Lawrence 4 years ago
Wow! This reads like a medical diagnosis! Praise God for men of faith as Bro. Lee! Amen!

Regina Goff 2 months ago (edited)
Thank you..this was a real blessing..though he is in heaven the words are still realivitive to day.

What he said about the hindrances is usually ourselves is true.
Well I had to pop in for a second and see if I had left anyone hanging.
God Bless

Reactions: Helen

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What he said about the hindrances is usually ourselves is true.
Well I had to pop in for a second and see if I had left anyone hanging.
God Bless
He also, hopefully in the same message, shows how to overcome all those hindrances. According to and Revealed in and by Scripture, God's Word and God's Spirit in Jesus' Plan and Directions.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if it is the same lady I knew slightly on another forum. She frequently posted some very stirring things, but while they did not ban her, the moderators told her she must tone down her posts. She refused to do that and quit the forum. I still am connected to her Blog by the same name as the group you named, but haven't spoken to her in a very long time. She may not remember me at all but I used the same name, Amadeus, while there. I don't visit often but still have it saved on my computer. It was her husband in particular who wounded her.

Before I became active here, the forum where I met her was my primary forum. I don't recommend that forum because it is strong on a several biases. Catholics are not allowed and anyone supporting any part of Catholicism in frowned upon or had their posts deleted... Also anyone saying anything strong against the trinity is already in trouble. I was in trouble when I left not long after she did. One of their better moderators is an old friend of @Helen : Brad.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if it is the same lady I knew slightly on another forum. She frequently posted some very stirring things, but while they did not ban her, the moderators told her she must tone down her posts. She refused to do that and quit the forum. I still am connected to her Blog by the same name as the group you named, but haven't spoken to her in a very long time. She may not remember me at all but I used the same name, Amadeus, while there. I don't visit often but still have it saved on my computer. It was her husband in particular who wounded her.

Before I became active here, the forum where I met her was my primary forum. I don't recommend that forum because it is strong on a several biases. Catholics are not allowed and anyone supporting any part of Catholicism in frowned upon or had their posts deleted... Also anyone saying anything strong against the trinity is already in trouble. I was in trouble when I left not long after she did. One of their better moderators is an old friend of @Helen : Brad.
I am fairly certain it isn't the same person...she is also an RN and lives two buildings down from me....her spirit is so gentle and you can't help but be encouraged and blessed in her group. And the other thing is she is still married to the same husband.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am fairly certain it isn't the same person...she is also an RN and lives two buildings down from me....her spirit is so gentle and you can't help but be encouraged and blessed in her group. And the other thing is she is still married to the same husband.
Yeah it's a different one. The lady I knew, named Sue, called herself a homemaker and lived in South Carolina. She writes and sings her own songs. She was quite talented as well as being a woman of God!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful! I think it's such a travesty that many of us have to totally broken before we finally cry out to Him.
Praise God and Thank you Jesus for saving another lost sheep and mending the broken heart, broken spirit, broken life and setting his feet on firm ground! Amen!
Amen!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Great verse there @Heart2Soul :)

So did you attend those Bible studies you mentioned?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

One of the problems with the modern-day church is that they tend to operate on the basis that one size fits all. I found this out when I moved to Australia and attended an AOG church and after the meeting, a lady was talking to us she said the great thing about the AOG was no two meetings were the same. Over the next few months in trying to find a spiritual home to be part of we went to several AOG churches. The most significant thing about all of them was that the meetings were all the same. Singing, communion, message, appeal, prayer. The same as all the other Pentecostal churches of various hues we went to.

Society today is very splintered and as a result, all sorts of problems are rearing their ugly heads. If you do that which is right in your own eyes, you develop problems that get very personal. So, the answer is not found in one size fits all. Better that the church focussed on specific needs and then set out via small groups to address that need.

Like I did in the 80s when the church I was in put out a notice of the various ministries that needed additional helpers. The next day I was shaving and said to Lord why won't you tell me where I can help? He said immediately "I have already told you" and as soon as he said that I knew what he was talking about.

Within a few weeks, a ministry to people who were homosexual and didn't want to be came into being. And as they say, the rest is history.

We need to look outside the square because if we do I would say that every church could start a specialized ministry of some kind to meet a specific need just as this lady did. If every church did this the walls of disappointment and disillusionment would come tumbling down and broken lives would be made whole. But it won't happen if all you provide is the one size fits all idea.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Heart2Soul Great spiritual warrior idea there!

So have you heard how those weekly studies are going?