God says . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Reactions: GTW27

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

If my people will.....
Is a Godless society part of the people of God, or is this a hope that God will respond to a nationwide turning to him?

If it happened it would change society.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If my people will.....
Is a Godless society part of the people of God, or is this a hope that God will respond to a nationwide turning to him?

He is speaking to the 'people who are called by (his) name' so that's us.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pearl, when I lived in California I used to go to The Church On The Way. Wednesday evenings we would pray for the nation, and our start time was 7:14 pm

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl, when I lived in California I used to go to The Church On The Way. Wednesday evenings we would pray for the nation, and our start time was 7:14 pm
I watched Max Lucado quote this passage on TV this afternoon in regard to the currents global concern with the virus.

I always wondered what it really means to humble ourselves. I remember asking our bible group but nobody had a convincing answer. I wonder if we need to fast over this.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched Max Lucado quote this passage on TV this afternoon in regard to the currents global concern with the virus.

I always wondered what it really means to humble ourselves. I remember asking our bible group but nobody had a convincing answer. I wonder if we need to fast over this.

To humble ourselves is to become meek. The nature of a wild horse is to do its own thing and is worthless. But once broken and meek, it can become a valuable vehicle of the Master. Most valuable of all were horses in battle; and a rare prize. Even with guns and cannons going off, it would be completely still and with just the slightest pull on the reins, it will turn according to the will of its Master.

This country has lost its first love. It is no longer under God, but under Satan. The evil really came to a head in our country under our previous President.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Reactions: APAK

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If my people will.....

When the people of Nineveh heard the warning that their city was going to be destroyed, even without any promise that they could be spared,
from King to the lowest person and even the animals (mentioned in Jonah), I think,
repented in sackcloth and ashes,
and God spared them .

If the people of a country today repent in sackcloth and ashes, perhaps God will spare them - He is the Judge.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A greater than Jonah, a greater than Moses, came ...

So if people do not listen to Jesus the Messiah, they will be a far greater punishment, more severe, than those in the past who disobeyed.

I think it is written somewhere that Nineveh will rise up in judgment , because they repented, against those today who do not repent.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am nothing and He is all. I am the least worthy to receive the measure of grace I have been given. These things I know to be true. If we must fast, fast for the the afflicted. Fast for the suffering, fast for the dying. Plead the cause, this new heart allows us to feel. The wearing of sackcloth has a meaning. He will listen and He will hear!

Reactions: Pearl

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly "fast", do without, the teachings of the prosperity gospel and other man's teachings.
Jesus says we must do so, we must give up everything, not just what we feel like giving up, before we can be His permanent disciple (yes, forever).

Humble ourself "under the mighty hand of God", NOT under the false teachings of men or man's heirarchy.
Humble ourselves to believe God's Word is TRUTH.
Instead of our own word.
Instead of what we were taught.
"Humbly" believe God, that God is RIGHT.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl ..and of others..

2 Chronicles 7:11-18 and especially Verse 14, is one of the most misused passages of scripture today, by especially preachers. They are misleading new and immature true believers and weakening their true and rightful faith in Christ. Let me explain it a bit..

It really does not apply to us (as believers) today in its original context and setting. The context in which it was written was after Solomon dedicated the temple. Then YHWH spoke to him and to his people concerning YHWH's presence in the Temple and what is will do in the future. It was both a blessing and warnings. YHWH said he shall send curses in the form of droughts and plagues from time to time. And if Solomon and his people humbled themselves to YHWH he shall heal their land and themselves. They would be healed and YHWH would thus bless them. They would be physically fine if their spirits were on their Creator. Now if they fell into spiritual sickness or darkness YHWH would not spare them, as he said. Of course we know from history and scripture that they did not maintain their humbleness and worship of YHWH. They fell away into darkness...Of course there was eventual hope, in Christ.

Now if we apply a modern type of context with 2 Chron 7:14, we find that it does not make sense at all. And that is what folks want to do: secular, religious professing, and even true immature believers. To force a modern day version of it (verse 14 esp.) as we are in 'dark' times today and we need to try and be OF the world and pray together to find YHWH blessing and salvation. This is not what a true believer should be doing.

Yahshua or Christ has already come and the new Israel are living all over the globe in many political boundaries or nations. These nations today are godless and heathen as before. YHWH would never speak to these nations directly as he did ONLY to Solomon and his people. Those true believers in the nations today are already healed with the stripes of Christ and possess YHWH's Spirit. NO plague or war or famine can kill them both physically and spiritually. They are not in the darkness as are the 'nations of the world,' as a whole. These godless unbelievers are not YHWH's people at all. Again he does not speak to the governments and even all the peoples of the UK, US, OZ NZ, Canada etc as his people. He speaks only to his people who are IN these secular boundaries we call nations.

So true believers, stop behaving as a false witnesses and as a heathen in these matters!

And as Verse 18 says, if they place their faith in their God, they shall always have a man on the throne as their ruler, and that today applies to all believers. And of course we know the royal prince, our Lord and Savior, Yahshua is our man and person on the throne today. It was and is fulfilled as YHWH said.

...there's a lot more to add and spin off from this interesting and really exciting topic ...

Blessing to all,

APAK

Last edited:
Reactions: OzSpen and Enoch111

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

If someone turns to the Creator, away from their sinful lives, with Godly sorrow and repentance, as God Says,

this is still required TODAY, it is very much needed TODAY, for those who would drink the living water, never to thirst again.

For all those who want to be HEALED (saved), in any , and in all ways Godly.

Blessed is the man whose sin the Almighty does not hold against him....

Do what is required, to be blessed,

even desiring to seek God, is a gift from God, not of the flesh.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl ..and of others..

2 Chronicles 7:11-18 and especially Verse 14, is one of the most misused passages of scripture today, by especially preachers. They are misleading new and immature true believers and weakening their true and rightful faith in Christ. Let me explain it a bit..

It really does not apply to us (as believers) today in its original context and setting. The context in which it was written was after Solomon dedicated the temple. Then YHWH spoke to him and to his people concerning YHWH's presence in the Temple and what is will do in the future. It was both a blessing and warnings. YHWH said he shall send curses in the form of droughts and plagues from time to time. And if Solomon and his people humbled themselves to YHWH he shall heal their land and themselves. They would be healed and YHWH would thus bless them. They would be physically fine if their spirits were on their Creator. Now if they fell into spiritual sickness or darkness YHWH would not spare them, as he said. Of course we know from history and scripture that they did not maintain their humbleness and worship of YHWH. They fell away into darkness...Of course there was eventual hope, in Christ.

Now if we apply a modern type of context with 2 Chron 7:14, we find that it does not make sense at all. And that is what folks want to do: secular, religious professing, and even true immature believers. To force a modern day version of it (verse 14 esp.) as we are in 'dark' times today and we need to try and be OF the world and pray together to find YHWH blessing and salvation. This is not what a true believer should be doing.

Yahshua or Christ has already come and the new Israel are living all over the globe in many political boundaries or nations. These nations today are godless and heathen as before. YHWH would never speak to these nations directly as he did ONLY to Solomon and his people. Those true believers in the nations today are already healed with the stripes of Christ and possess YHWH's Spirit. NO plague or war or famine can kill them both physically and spiritually. They are not in the darkness as are the 'nations of the world,' as a whole. These godless unbelievers are not YHWH's people at all. Again he does not speak to the governments and even all the peoples of the UK, US, OZ NZ, Canada etc as his people. He speaks only to his people who are IN these secular boundaries we call nations.

So true believers, stop behaving as a false witnesses and as a heathen in these matters!

And as Verse 18 says, if they place their faith in their God, they shall always have a man on the throne as their ruler, and that today applies to all believers. And of course we know the royal prince, our Lord and Savior, Yahshua is our man and person on the throne today. It was and is fulfilled as YHWH said.

...there's a lot more to add and spin off from this interesting and really exciting topic ...

Blessing to all,

APAK
Ok then so are we are not to humble ourselves, are we not to pray, are we not to turn from our sin, are we not to seek his face? I don't think I would go with that so I'll continue to believe that the passage is for me.

Reactions: Joseph77

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...and turn from their wicked ways...
This would -- if anything -- apply to the apostates in Christendom. It is not addressed to the world (since the whole wolrd lieth in wickedness) but to those who are presumably God's people. So unless there is genuine repentance in each and every church worldwide, and a total forsaking of false doctrines and false practices, we cannot expect this passage to become effective.

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent... Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth... Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds... Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee... As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Reactions: APAK

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So unless there is genuine repentance in each and every church worldwide, and a total forsaking of false doctrines and false practices, we cannot expect this passage to become effective.
Whever ANYONE, anywhere, TURNS to the CREATOR, or COMES TO JESUS, they are not cast down.
Even one person, God willing.
REGARDLESS of what all the churches do.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we cannot expect this passage to become effective.
Or, if you mean, society will not be healed, that is truth - it is written.

If you mean, like sodom and gomorrah, even though a righteous man was there and was heard, sodom and gomorrah were destroyed.

Yes, the world is doomed, and will be destroyed (by fire) one day, and the people on the road to destruction will not be spared (unless they repent),

but only a few, God picked for Himself, out of the beast of catholicism and world religion,
for His Own Testimony, as HE IS SOVEREIGN.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok then so are we are not to humble ourselves, are we not to pray, are we not to turn from our sin, are we not to seek his face? I don't think I would go with that so I'll continue to believe that the passage is for me.
Pearl: Of course we are to humble ourselves as true believers. WE do this all the time as the Spirit is working in us. Although not by thinking and using your basis scripture in your OP as its source however; and for the reasons I've already stated. We humble ourselves when we sin and repent. We humble ourselves to forgive others as the Father would be pleased...and on and on for many reasons...not collectively with other nations...you many have missed my points then.

Thanks

Bless you,

APAK