God set me free from hating my body and appearance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few weeks ago I cried in front of my husband.

"You don't understand. If you're fat, no one cares. Its different for women."

My husband began to pray for me then. I believe his prayers helped begin to change my outlook.

I thought if I coukd just regulate my diet and be skinny, Id be happy.

But now that Ive surrendered that to God, Ive had more victory in my health and fitness with a freedom and joy I haven't had in a while.

God began to show me through a Christian Youtuber named Cambria Joy, that Id bought the lie that if I restricted enough to achieve a certain look, Id be happy.

But the present you is all you have, not some future "perfect" you. And isn't it the inner hidden person of the heart that truly matters. Do I really want to be consumed with my appearance and a body that is passing away steadily rather than good works and showing love to people?

It took a while but I had to look at myself through God's eyes to know that my husband wasn't lying when he said I looked fine.

If you or someone you care about struggles with their appearance, put prayer on it!

God and His truth does heavy damage to the lies of the enemy saying that were not good enough and that we have to look a certain way to be happy.

I still work out and eat healthy, but out of a place of freedom and joy and love. I don't go on crazy diets and restrict because I hate me body anymore. I feed myself nourishing things because I love to feel good.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My husband began to pray for me then. I believe his prayers helped begin to change my outlook.

But now that Ive surrendered that to God, Ive had more victory in my health and fitness with a freedom and joy I haven't had in a while.

God began to show me through a Christian Youtuber named Cambria Joy, that Id bought the lie that if I restricted enough to achieve a certain look, Id be happy.

But the present you is all you have, not some future "perfect" you. And isn't it the inner hidden person of the heart that truly matters. Do I really want to be consumed with my appearance and a body that is passing away steadily rather than good works and showing love to people?

It took a while but I had to look at myself through God's eyes to know that my husband wasn't lying when he said I looked fine.

If you or someone you care about struggles with their appearance, put prayer on it!

God and His truth does heavy damage to the lies of the enemy saying that were not good enough and that we have to look a certain way to be happy.

I still work out and eat healthy, but out of a place of freedom and joy and love. I don't go on crazy diets and restrict because I hate me body anymore. I feed myself nourishing things because I love to feel good.

Welcome to the forum Wynona! This world has been selling that lie for so very long now. I am happy that you gave it up to Him, you are precious in His sight sister :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah,.. I don't really like looking in a mirror myself. I don't think I'm ugly,.. but I've never been comfortable with the way I look.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory hallelujah!
I love your testimony!

Reactions: Wynona