God Sings Over You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 10-29-21 Cheshvan 22, 5782 6th. day of the weekly cycle, 38th. Fall Day

Psalms One Thirty Six:1-9

1 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. 2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever. 5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever. 6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever: 8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever: 9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Our Daily Bread Today 29 October 2021 Devotional | God Sings Over You

Our-Daily-Bread.jpg

Our Daily Bread Today 29 October 2021 Devotional | Message By John Blase (Our Daily Bread Ministries)

Click Here To Read Previous ODB Devotional Message

TOPIC| God Sings Over You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE| Zephaniah 3:14–17

KEY VERSE| [God] will rejoice over you with singing. – Zephaniah 3:17

BIBLE IN A YEAR| Jeremiah 18–19; 2 Timothy 3

TODAY’S INSIGHT| While the book of Zephaniah (which means “the Lord hides/conceals”) ends on a note of joy and singing in view of God’s restoration (Zephaniah 3:14–20), the bulk of the book records God’s judgment on Judah and the nations. “The day of the Lord” is the primary theme (1:2–3:8). This term refers to a day when God settles accounts with those who oppose Him (a day of judgment) and rewards the remnant of faithful followers (a day of deliverance/salvation).

Indeed, “the Mighty Warrior who saves [and] will take great delight in you” (3:17) is also “the Mighty Warrior [who] shouts his battle cry” (1:14). The sovereign God of all the earth has the right to call the nations into account.

Our Daily Bread Today 29 October 2021 Devotional Message
Seventeen months after our first child—a boy—was born, along came a little girl. I was overjoyed at the thought of having a daughter, but I was also a bit uneasy because while I knew a few things about little boys, this was uncharted territory. We named her Sarah, and one of my privileges was rocking her to sleep so my wife could rest.

I’m not sure why, but I started trying to sing her to sleep, and the song of choice was “You Are My Sunshine.” Whether holding her in my arms or standing above her in her crib, I quite literally sang over her, and loved every minute of it. She’s in her twenties now, and I still call her Sunshine.

We usually think about angels singing. But when was the last time you thought about God singing? That’s right—God singing. And furthermore, when was the last time you thought about Him singing over you?
Zephaniah is clear in his message to Jerusalem: 3:14-17.

Our Daily Bread (odb.org)

https://odb.org/video

LOL, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We usually think about angels singing. But when was the last time you thought about God singing? That’s right—God singing.
As I've looked at these things . . . I've never see a place that says angels actually sing. God sings, and men sing, I think this is something we share.

Imagine if you will . . . Jesus singing with you!

Much love!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I've looked at these things . . . I've never see a place that says angels actually sing. God sings, and men sing, I think this is something we share.

Imagine if you will . . . Jesus singing with you!

Much love!
QUESTION
Do Angels Sing
ANSWER

It may seem strange to ask if angels sing, because conventional wisdom says, “Of course they do.” It’s common to see pictures of angels holding songbooks or harps or otherwise engaged in music-making. And people often allude to the Christmas story: “The angels sang to the shepherds when Jesus was born, didn’t they?” The problem is that singing is not mentioned in the biblical Christmas story. In fact, there is very little scriptural evidence that the angels sing.

Probably the clearest passage on this issue is Job 38:7, which says that, at the creation of the world, “the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy.” In the parallelism of the Hebrew poetry, the “morning stars” are equated with the “angels,” and the singing is paralleled by the joyful shouts. It seems fairly straightforward: the angels sing. However, the Hebrew word translated “sang” doesn’t always denote music. It can also be translated as “joyfully shouted,” “resoundingly cried,” or “rejoiced.” Also, the word translated “angels” in the NIV literally means “sons of God.”

Revelation 5 is another passage that may indicate that the angels sing. Verse 9 speaks of beings that “sang a new song” in heaven. These beings that sing are the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures—possibly angelic beings, but they are not specifically called such. Then in verse 11 “the voice of many angels” is heard. But now the words are “said,” not specifically “sung.” The words of the angelic host in verse 12 are quite similar to the words of the song in verse 9, but the words of the angels are not explicitly called a song. So, there is no conclusive proof in Revelation 5 that angels sing.

What about the Christmas story? Luke 2:13–14 says, “Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God . . . .’” Note, again, that the words of the angels are “said,” not specifically “sung.” Since singing is a type of speaking, the passage does not rule out the idea that the angels sang—but neither does the passage put the question to rest.

In short, the Bible does not give a definitive answer as to whether the angels sing. God has created humanity with an innate connection to music and singing, especially in regard to worship (Ephesians 5:19). We often use singing when we praise the Lord. The fact that the words of the angels in Revelation 5 and Luke 2 are words of praise, expressed in a poetic form, argues for the idea that the angels are singing. And it would seem logical that God created the angels with the same propensity for singing as humans have. But we cannot be dogmatic. Whether the angels were singing or speaking in the Bible, they were worshiping and praising God. May we follow their example!

LOL, Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Friday 10-29-21 Cheshvan 22, 5782 6th. day of the weekly cycle, 38th. Fall Day

Psalms One Thirty Six:1-9

1 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. 2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever. 5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever. 6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever: 8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever: 9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Our Daily Bread Today 29 October 2021 Devotional | God Sings Over You

Our-Daily-Bread.jpg

Our Daily Bread Today 29 October 2021 Devotional | Message By John Blase (Our Daily Bread Ministries)

Click Here To Read Previous ODB Devotional Message

TOPIC| God Sings Over You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE| Zephaniah 3:14–17

KEY VERSE| [God] will rejoice over you with singing. – Zephaniah 3:17

BIBLE IN A YEAR| Jeremiah 18–19; 2 Timothy 3

TODAY’S INSIGHT| While the book of Zephaniah (which means “the Lord hides/conceals”) ends on a note of joy and singing in view of God’s restoration (Zephaniah 3:14–20), the bulk of the book records God’s judgment on Judah and the nations. “The day of the Lord” is the primary theme (1:2–3:8). This term refers to a day when God settles accounts with those who oppose Him (a day of judgment) and rewards the remnant of faithful followers (a day of deliverance/salvation).

Indeed, “the Mighty Warrior who saves [and] will take great delight in you” (3:17) is also “the Mighty Warrior [who] shouts his battle cry” (1:14). The sovereign God of all the earth has the right to call the nations into account.

Our Daily Bread Today 29 October 2021 Devotional Message
Seventeen months after our first child—a boy—was born, along came a little girl. I was overjoyed at the thought of having a daughter, but I was also a bit uneasy because while I knew a few things about little boys, this was uncharted territory. We named her Sarah, and one of my privileges was rocking her to sleep so my wife could rest.

I’m not sure why, but I started trying to sing her to sleep, and the song of choice was “You Are My Sunshine.” Whether holding her in my arms or standing above her in her crib, I quite literally sang over her, and loved every minute of it. She’s in her twenties now, and I still call her Sunshine.

We usually think about angels singing. But when was the last time you thought about God singing? That’s right—God singing. And furthermore, when was the last time you thought about Him singing over you?
Zephaniah is clear in his message to Jerusalem: 3:14-17.

Our Daily Bread (odb.org)

https://odb.org/video

LOL, Walter and Debbie
@WalterandDebbie That the Lord rejoices over the redeemed with singing, is an amazing transformation from what the sinner was...

Reactions: WalterandDebbie