God speaks to me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It came up recently that my question, "Do you believe that God speaks directly into our hearts/minds?" went unanswered, and it makes me curious,

Do you believe that God speaks to you with a voice inside your mind/heart/spirit?

Personally, I know He does. Do you?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 KJV
7) And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8) For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10) Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

It seems Paul experienced this.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It came up recently that my question, "Do you believe that God speaks directly into our hearts/minds?" went unanswered, and it makes me curious,

Do you believe that God speaks to you with a voice inside your mind/heart/spirit?

Much love!
Blessings in Christ Jesus marks. Indeed He does. Jesus explained what The Holy Spirit will do when He sends Him. He did not say He will be silent.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

There are many misunderstandings and misgivings on this.

There are many things at work, God "is working all things together for good for those who love Him according to His purpose." Being on the receiving end of the work of the Holy Spirit as ordered by Jesus, according to the will of the Father, are spiritual gifts (meaning tasks) given according to His will and to whom He chooses. Most have read the scriptures--"some" this, and "some" that. These things are true. And if He walks with us, and we with Him--yes, there is communication to and from God.

But it should be understood that nothing occurs without it being according to the Father's timing, and in such a manner. For even the Son of Man did not know the day nor the hour of His return, but only the Father.

The significance of all this--every utterance from God, is thus only relevant to its time. In which case, in addition to the myriad of details of personal and seemingly smaller matters, the message of our own time--this time in history, is of the utmost importance. These times are not like those historic times of waiting upon the Lord. However, these are not the best of times, or even times expected to occur after such delay, nor is it easy to understand just where we are on the worldly timeline. I mean, Jesus' immediate apostles expected things to occur "soon", and yet after 2,000 year, and after all this time most are in the habit of putting things off to some illusion based on a mix of both good and bad translations and understandings, and even the teachings of foretold false priests bring destructive doctrines into the church.

Even so, there are signs, and those who are His hear His voice.

And I haven't even got around to mentioning just what ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Assuming God wants to speak, you have to be ready to hear Him, that means there needs to be silence in you, that He can speak through.

If you need to create silence for God, the Holy Spirit can council you how.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love!
Sorry @marks I must have missed that thread. God speaks to me too. He can do it in a variety of ways; in dreams, through nature, through the scriptures (obviously) but also directly into my spirit on those rare and special times.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Yes I do, but I hear 1, 2,or 3 words at a time and I search the scriptures entering the words for "out of the mouth of God" and know it when I see it. So it goes back to searching scriptures in what I hear. I often hear a scripture in my mind reading something, I post usually the scripture I hear. I get upset at people putting Paul's words in Red but your verse he said what God said to him... many people post Paul's words in red, things said of man not God. A Bible search for when Paul heard God.. he used "saith the Lord" this lists all the times Paul heard from the Lord.

I am leery of people rattling off something that has no scripture and say they heard God. I was taught that Satan can also drop things in your mind, but only Almighty God can hear you in your mind. The scripture you put about Paul, notice he did this correct... he "ask" God three times about it not man. We are told to ask God and most people don't ask God they ask men and trust men. For something not scripture someone states is of God, I ask God, and ask for a second witness or sometimes ask again for a third witness. He will do this for me, if it is of God I am hearing, if not of God I will get nothing. That is how GOOD God is!!!

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes he does.... Through His Word, first and foremost, By His Spirit in me he teaches me the deep things of God, By His voice when he needs me to wake up from straying off the path.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming God wants to speak, you have to be ready to hear Him, that means there needs to be silence in you, that He can speak through.

If you need to create silence for God, the Holy Spirit can council you how.
I needed to learn how to hear Him, to be sure which was His voice. I remember one of the ways He started to train me.

My wife and I, we have a garage door opener, push the button, door opens, you know. For years my clicker was bad, and to make it work, I had to open the battery compartment, squeeze the contacts as I pushed the button. No amount of fidgeting with it would make it work right.

One day I was approaching the garage, and the little voice inside said, "It will work now." I stopped, I looked at the clicker, and just pressed the button. It's worked correctly ever since that moment. And in later conversation, He told me, I wanted you to know My voice.

Some time ago, it was that same voice, He told me, if you set that down (the evil thing you are holding) you will never pick it up again. And when I tried to doubt, He simply said, You KNOW it's Me! You only have to choose whether you are going to believe Me or not. I did know it was Him, and I choose to receive His words, and I received His deliverance.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do, but I hear 1, 2,or 3 words at a time and I search the scriptures entering the words for "out of the mouth of God" and know it when I see it. So it goes back to searching scriptures in what I hear. I often hear a scripture in my mind reading something, I post usually the scripture I hear.
That describes many of my posts also, I'll be reading, and the Scripture comes into my mind that addresses the topic.

I get upset at people putting Paul's words in Red but your verse he said what God said to him... many people post Paul's words in red, things said of man not God. A Bible search for when Paul heard God.. he used "saith the Lord" this lists all the times Paul heard from the Lord.
Yes, I really just wanted to highlight that this was in fact God speaking to Paul personally, directly.
I am leery of people rattling off something that has no scripture and say they heard God. I was taught that Satan can also drop things in your mind, but only Almighty God can hear you in your mind.
I think this is correct.
The scripture you put about Paul, notice he did this correct... he "ask" God three times about it not man. We are told to ask God and most people don't ask God they ask men and trust men. For something not scripture someone states is of God, I ask God, and ask for a second witness or sometimes ask again for a third witness. He will do this for me, if it is of God I am hearing, if not of God I will get nothing. That is how GOOD God is!!!
Amen! I think He truly intends for us to know His voice, and will go the extra mile so that we do.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love!
He speaks to me via the Holy Spirit, he brings me to an understanding of his word.

I always check what I receive in my mind,,,by referring to Gods word.

Let’s face it..the enemy wants us to stay in confusion and he will do all that he can in his power, to keep us in confusion.....I was in a terrible state of confusion at one time.....my faith in God got me through that terrible time...Praise God for bringing me out of confusion and into “ HIS” truth.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes when I read a passage of scripture that I have read or quoted many times I see it with a new freshness, something new comes from it - that is the Living Word speaking to me.

Other times I'm looking at something in nature and God will show me a new truth. I also have 'God dreams' which also teach me. (Although I have never had a 'warning' dream).

My forum name is also from God. Many years ago he gave me a personal prophecy that I would no longer be a grain of sand. Something I had tried to work out many times without success, and then one morning after I had read my bible and was in a time of meditation, completely out of the blue, straight into my spirit came the words, 'I have made you into a pearl.' I then understood that prophecy and was absolutely stunned.

All Christians have the ability to hear God speak to them in so many different ways but we need to be quiet enough to hear Him, not letting the world crowd out His voice.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
What a mighty God we serve! I just read through this thread and the several people who described how God spoke to them. Give God the glory! Consider:
1ki 19:12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
The still small voice [in my heart] when I am reading posts on a forum or scriptures in a Bible has often been my own experience, but our God is not limited to that way as we understand. He can also be in the earthquake or the fire. He can be in the voice of a friend or an acquaintance or of stranger or a donkey. Thank God!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great testimonies here!

Perhaps this is (or is not) a good time to point out that although the scriptures are born of the Spirit and often alive with the Spirit and greatly loved--as mere literature (which they are not), they are second-hand information from God often viewed dimly through the God-imposed lens of confusion upon all language at Babel. There should be a note of caution here, that historically has been of great woe, namely regarding the Lawyers and Pharisees. But the risk has indeed caught some of our own times among the gentiles, and unless we learn from their mistakes--we too are not likely to escape our own flawed tenancy to be like them by nature, and yelling "Crucify Him!" in ways we could not have imagined.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Both God and his angels and Satan and his angels speak to me. And I believe this happens for everyone. No one is safe from temptation until they are saved by God, resurrected and away from the serpent. And God loves us and counters the serpents treachery. And I believe sometimes God just provides the alternative and watches which we believe and choose.

It is therefore important to be immersed as much as possible with the Holy Spirit so that the good influence outweighs the evil. How do we invite the Holy Spirit into our lives:

Prayer
Reading Scripture
Church attendance
Proclaiming the gospel message
Serving our brothers and sisters
etc. (there are more ways, including personal callings from the Lord)

Reactions: marks and amadeus