God the Father Is Not Invisible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus Christ invisible?

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Still doubt verse 17 is about Jesus and not the Father? Read Who is the King of kings below.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

So is Jesus Christ invisible? No, of course not. Therefore, I submit that "invisible" means not presently seen as used in scripture.

Why the fuss? There are 2 references for why believers misapply the verses that the Father is just a Spirit having no celestial body and therefore invisible.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

How can we have seen Jesus if He was the image of the invisible God? Would not Jesus be invisible too? So invisible in that verse in referring to the Father should be "not presently seen" also.

The other reference is John 4:24 for how they take that verse out of context for why Jesus was saying "God is a Spirit".

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

That was Jesus testifying that in coming to God the Father to worship Him, believers will be able to do that anywhere for He will be in us & is with us always. By coming to the Father in worship by the only way of the Son, we only honor the Son in worship to honor the Father.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

But where does it say the Father can be seen? When Jesus takes us to Heaven.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

When Jesus brings us Home to Heaven, we will no longer need Jesus to ask the Father for us, for He will plainly show the Father so we can ask the Father directly for He loves us.

So "invisible" in scripture needs to be discerned as meaning "not presently seen" because we will see the Father in Heaven to ask Him directly to His face thanks to Jesus Christ.